Railroad Line Forums - Signs For Structures
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 114 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Signs For Structures
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Its The Way The Resin Crumbles Topic Next Topic: Various shots and a question for Louis
Page: of 43

terry hansley
Crew Chief



Posted - 07/14/2005 :  10:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Karl, I am really sorry I did not give you the credit for the sign. I did not get into the thread until later on ,as usual, I was a "day late and a dollar short"!

I ended up working more in Florida this winter and did not get as much modeling done as planned. I did meet Brian Nolan, and Darryl Huffman at the Sn3 Convention,and went to Dave Revelia's figure painting clinic 'Awsum'!

My two On30 modules are mounted on the garage wall down there and I experimented on the water making down there. It came out so well I'm using it on the HO/HOn3 up North and also on a local clubs On30 display layout.

I am playing with the digital camera and will post some of the water shots tomorrow in my layout threads.

I was going to post on the National last week in Cincinnati, but Walt gave it a bad rap so I kept my comments to my self.I met Art Fahie and Jim Mooney from Bar Mills,and Chris Jessie from KingMill Ent. Great guys!!! I only wished I had attended the layout tours so I could have seen Sam's modelling.

See now I started and I can't shut up.

Terry H




Country: USA | Posts: 600 Go to Top of Page

Karl Osolinski
Fireman



Posted - 07/15/2005 :  08:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

A couple from eBay.
I went to eBay and searched for tin signs.

Some of the pictures but not all have a mark like the one on the HD sign in the lower right hand corner I guess to ruin the sign if you were to copy it.
In this case the mark could be cut out or covered with a wood border.




I put the H-D sign in Adobe and used the clone tool to get rid of the mark.

Karl O.




Country: | Posts: 1971 Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member


Posted - 07/15/2005 :  08:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by terry hansley

Hi All

Karl, I am really sorry I did not give you the credit for the sign. I did not get into the thread until later on ,as usual, I was a "day late and a dollar short"!

I ended up working more in Florida this winter and did not get as much modeling done as planned. I did meet Brian Nolan, and Darryl Huffman at the Sn3 Convention,and went to Dave Revelia's figure painting clinic 'Awsum'!

My two On30 modules are mounted on the garage wall down there and I experimented on the water making down there. It came out so well I'm using it on the HO/HOn3 up North and also on a local clubs On30 display layout.

I am playing with the digital camera and will post some of the water shots tomorrow in my layout threads.

I was going to post on the National last week in Cincinnati, but Walt gave it a bad rap so I kept my comments to my self.I met Art Fahie and Jim Mooney from Bar Mills,and Chris Jessie from KingMill Ent. Great guys!!! I only wished I had attended the layout tours so I could have seen Sam's modelling.

See now I started and I can't shut up.

Terry H





Hi Terry,
I wasn't inferring anything about Karl posting the sign other than to mention that this thread started with Karl posting a sign that he thought I might like.
I was surprised that someone else would also pick the same sign as something they would like for their layout.
I am trying to figure out how to change the words British Columbia to Alaska but if I can't maybe most people will not notice.

I am also interested in your water shots and maybe a description of how you did the water for I have finally completed some benchwork and I will need both a ocean harbor and a river.
I am waiting for Doug's new kit which I plan to use as a canary on my ocean port.
I will be using the Alaska Fish sign that you posted for me a year or so ago for the billboard on that kit.

Again welcome back and I look forward to more work on your waterfront layout.



John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Country: USA | Posts: 13306 Go to Top of Page

Karl Osolinski
Fireman



Posted - 07/15/2005 :  12:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello John,

Would this work for you??

Karl O.





Edited by - Karl Osolinski on 07/15/2005 12:45:52 PM

Country: | Posts: 1971 Go to Top of Page

postalkarl
Fireman



Posted - 07/15/2005 :  12:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl:

Your the man. Will call tonight maybe.

Me



Country: | Posts: 6922 Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member


Posted - 07/15/2005 :  12:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karl,
That's beautiful.
I hate to be a pain in the butt, but it is the other side of the label that I wanted to use.
The one with the guy holding the fish.
So if you have a moment could you change one of these for me.
However I will use the one you have so graciously done on another structure.
Thanks again.



John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Country: USA | Posts: 13306 Go to Top of Page

Karl Osolinski
Fireman



Posted - 07/15/2005 :  1:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Hi Karl,
That's beautiful.
I hate to be a pain in the butt, but it is the other side of the label that I wanted to use.
The one with the guy holding the fish.
So if you have a moment could you change one of these for me.
However I will use the one you have so graciously done on another structure.
Thanks again.




Hi John,

It's funny, after I did this one, I knew it was the other side you wanted to use.

Teejay is on his way over here now, but I will do the other one for you later today. Now, if I could only remember how I did it!!!!

Karl O.



Country: | Posts: 1971 Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member


Posted - 07/15/2005 :  1:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karl Osolinski

quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Hi Karl,
That's beautiful.
I hate to be a pain in the butt, but it is the other side of the label that I wanted to use.
The one with the guy holding the fish.
So if you have a moment could you change one of these for me.
However I will use the one you have so graciously done on another structure.
Thanks again.




Hi John,

It's funny, after I did this one, I knew it was the other side you wanted to use.

Teejay is on his way over here now, but I will do the other one for you later today. Now, if I could only remember how I did it!!!!

Karl O.



Thanks Karl,
There is no hurry as this is for the new kit back drop from Doug at Fos and I am still waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox.
To quote the other Karl
"Your the man"



John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Country: USA | Posts: 13306 Go to Top of Page

Karl Osolinski
Fireman



Posted - 07/15/2005 :  9:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Osolinski

quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Hi Karl,
That's beautiful.
I hate to be a pain in the butt, but it is the other side of the label that I wanted to use.
The one with the guy holding the fish.
So if you have a moment could you change one of these for me.
However I will use the one you have so graciously done on another structure.
Thanks again.




Hi John,

It's funny, after I did this one, I knew it was the other side you wanted to use.

Teejay is on his way over here now, but I will do the other one for you later today. Now, if I could only remember how I did it!!!!

Karl O.



Thanks Karl,
There is no hurry as this is for the new kit back drop from Doug at Fos and I am still waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox.
To quote the other Karl
"Your the man"



Hi John,

Maybe this one will work for you......I softened the letters to better match the low res type on the sign.

Karl O.






Edited by - Karl Osolinski on 07/15/2005 10:00:27 PM

Country: | Posts: 1971 Go to Top of Page

slimjerkins
Fireman



Posted - 07/15/2005 :  10:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELP!


I was working on my old Perkin's Produce kit, applying the big decal onto the clapboard tonight. I did the "set" part and was working on the "sol" part smoothing out all the little wrinkles and working the decal into the clapboard. I was "zoning out" when the wife suddenly walks in and start going on about something - I jumped, slipped with the tool, and got a corner of the decal folded under itself. Well, it all went downhill from there.

It looks like I'll have to take a crash course on this inkjet sign printing method.

Perhaps this is a blessing in disquise since I've always wanted to have family names on the businesses on my pike.

If anyone can help me with this I would be extremely grateful. I'm looking for some kind of produce company sign. I'm shooting for the '30s-'40's -but the sign could look a little old for that era too. I found an old sign repro on the web but a right click just gave me a copyright notice.

If anyone can recommend a clip art set with a good selection of those old raster images and a source for fonts that lend themselves well for old signs (like that font Karl used for "Alaska") - again - I would be much obliged.

Thanks


-slim



Edited by - slimjerkins on 07/15/2005 10:17:01 PM

Country: USA | Posts: 1320 Go to Top of Page

timwatson
Engine Wiper



Posted - 07/16/2005 :  12:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit timwatson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have alot of signs and ephemera that I will try to post, but Slim ask and ye shall receive. I hope these will help.







More to come later ...



Edited by - timwatson on 07/16/2005 12:01:08 AM

Country: USA | Posts: 125 Go to Top of Page

RodH
Engine Wiper



Posted - 07/16/2005 :  02:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit RodH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't stand it any longer. I'll have to put up some old Australian signs.











Rod Hutchinson
Growing Old Disgracefully
Australia

Edited by - RodH on 07/16/2005 02:13:30 AM

Country: Australia | Posts: 340 Go to Top of Page

postalkarl
Fireman



Posted - 07/16/2005 :  06:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Guys:

Here's a few more signs. Also found an Alaska fish sign for you John Enjoy.











Karl S.



Country: | Posts: 6922 Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member


Posted - 07/16/2005 :  06:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Karl O for taking the time to do the sign for me.
The soft letters do look better and this sign will definitely be on a structure.

Karl S thanks for the Alaska Fish sign.
This thread is certainly working out to be a gold mine.


Slim,
For starters check out Mike Tylick's web site.
http://www.trainweb.org/tylick/index.html
There are many signs of different types that can be found on his site.






John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Country: USA | Posts: 13306 Go to Top of Page

Mikey
New Hire



Posted - 07/16/2005 :  09:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mikey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thnaks for the mention of my site. Whenevr someone does, I seem to get a lot of hits for a few days. And I'm glad people are using and spreading word on our sign collection. I've seen several on the posting that I do not have. If you'd forward a copy (I can't seem to get them off the chat page and wanty to ask pernmission anyway) I'd like to add them.

email me at tylick@charter.net

Thnaks again and happy rails.

Mikey T


Happy rails,

Mikey T

www.trainweb.org/tylick

Country: | Posts: 11 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 43 Previous Topic: Its The Way The Resin Crumbles Topic Next Topic: Various shots and a question for Louis  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000