Railroad Line Forums - Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 82 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: On building MoW cars Topic Next Topic: Railroad Street Buildings
Page: of 67

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  6:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Frederic!

Here's what it's forerunner looked like. I sold out of these little kits quite a few years ago, unfortunately, but I am considering getting my entire line back into production later this year.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  10:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished the fourth structure in my "Grandchild Series". This scratchbuild is named after grandson Nick. The build is documented in this thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28344&whichpage=1

Bruce

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  09:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a very impressive, and beautifully built, structure, Bruce. And I love your concept of a "Grandchild series".

a440
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  9:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My turn: some stuff I've been scratch building, for my layout, The Neo Canaan R.R., starting with an abandoned building shell:

Here's one house I did from scratch:

......and a Sinclair gas station:

.....as well as an ice machine dispenser

All were built out of leftover scraps that I had years ago, so I tossed it all together with glue, paint and ingenuity Amazing whbat you can do with styrene; the gas station is under construction but i hope to finish it.
More coming soon.

"This skin reserved for Silver Fox Cape For Mrs. Van Dough."
--from Looney Tunes' Fox Pop

Edited by - a440 on 05/14/2010 10:54:44 PM

HW
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  11:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit HW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice, at 13 years old you're off to a good start here.

a440
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  02:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HW

Very nice, at 13 years old you're off to a good start here.

Those were done in 2008 or 2009.

"This skin reserved for Silver Fox Cape For Mrs. Van Dough."
--from Looney Tunes' Fox Pop

cnj999
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  5:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem not to have contributed anything to this thread in a couple of years(!), so here's an addition. It's a scratchbuilt structure based roughly in part on the building FSM offered under the title of "Seafood Emporium" a number of years ago...with some liberties taken and now employed well away from blue water as a plumbing supply company.

John (CNJ999)

Edited by - cnj999 on 06/06/2010 5:20:50 PM

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  5:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is one of my favorite FSM designs, John. Your transform of this seafront building into a "dry" industry (if I can say that plumbing is dry ) is very interesting.

Jan Kirkwood
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  6:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful, clean build John thanks for the picture.

Jan

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  2:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope these pics come in, first try using my webcam since I don't have a digital camera.This is a scratchbuilt station, Vancleave Station, named after the town I used to live in. All balsa, most of the boards were done by scribing the wood with a soft pencil before painting. The shingles are fine sandpaper cut into strips and tabbed. The windows, doors and railings are all hand made in balsa. I used super glue which worked well and infused into the wood and strengthened the model. It is painted with pactra paint if I remember correctly (its been awhile). The coke machine is hand made using Sculpey, and the schedule board is an actual photo of an L&N board at a local station that I reduced on a photocopy machine. The interior has benches and a counter that can't be seen here, I made provision to be able to insert a light and wanted some interior detail to show. The station sign used to have a light overhanging each side until it got a book dropped on it. I know it's not much but its a start. I found out yesterday what A&I wash was and picked up some alchol and ink today. Can't wait to try it.

Download Attachment: Vancleave Station one.jpg
73.02 KB

Download Attachment: Vancleave Station two.jpg
70.25 KB

Download Attachment: Vancleave Station three.jpg
59.53 KB

Download Attachment: Vancleave Station four.jpg
61.11 KB

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  12:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is my latest structure. I wanted a church for my narrow gauge module Salina.

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  1:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good looking little church, Wolfgang. I like the way itís been placed on the hillside with the nice retaining wall and steps and not on flat ground.

George

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  4:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, and well set, church, Wolfgang.

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/18/2010 :  1:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote

You see my module Silver Creek. Trestle, bridge and turnout are scratch built.

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

HW
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/18/2010 :  2:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit HW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good stuff Wolfgang - very good modelling and photography. You hava a distinctive style.

Page: of 67 Previous Topic: On building MoW cars Topic Next Topic: Railroad Street Buildings  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000