Railroad Line Forums - Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 239 ]  [ Total: 242 ]  [ Newest Member: SandersReview ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Zenith Radio Topic Next Topic: Something different on my bench..
Page: of 64

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  10:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alexander, and welcome to the forum your work looks great! What scale is it? I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Greg Shinnie

LLIAXTEP
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  12:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words, Greg
this is O scale, On30 for the boxcar, to be exact
I should change those passenger car trucks, for something more realistic, and add link/ pin couplers

Alex R

http://narrowgaugeshops.wordpress.com/

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  03:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The boxcar is very nice, Alex. I don't know what scale the tank is, but I think that it might fit quite well your Arizona desert mining diorama project.

LLIAXTEP
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  10:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

One more of the boxcar

Frederic: the Tank is also O scale, but I dont think it is Diorama worthy. Ill let it sit in loneliness

And thanks everyone for all the kind words

Alex

http://narrowgaugeshops.wordpress.com/

mikesjustbridges
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  2:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikesjustbridges's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Here are some pics of my last On30 bridge. All wood is hand cut from 2x4 redwood. This one was only lightly weathered. Built similar to Rio Grande Southern bridges, this one had some minor changes and was compressed. The "iron" parts on the roadbed are hangers for the "floating" ties. While the other ties sat on the truss, these floaters were suspended by straps of iron and anchored to the other ties.

It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government. -Thomas Paine

No, That's not a mistake. I did that to give it some extra character. I'm glad you noticed! -Mike@mikesjustbridges.com

cail
Section Hand

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  4:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit cail's Homepage  Click to see cail's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some pictures of a particular building

Alain

Edited by - cail on 04/20/2009 5:03:25 PM

mikesjustbridges
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  5:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikesjustbridges's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In these trying times we currently live in, with tough economies all over. I believe a time honored profession such as this is a can't fail business opportunity!

All joking aside, great building! Add a couple of red lanterns in the windows and put it in a rough neighborhood.

It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government. -Thomas Paine

No, That's not a mistake. I did that to give it some extra character. I'm glad you noticed! -Mike@mikesjustbridges.com

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  6:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The oldest job in the world, as they say in France... Nice building, Alain.
Mike, your bridge is looking great!

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  9:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice bridge Mike. Hope to see more of your work.

Arthur

Arthur

BRAKEMAN 12
Section Hand

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  01:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MAN!!! Talk about MUSEUM-QUALITY MODELS!!! As I've basically always been a "shake-the-box" plastic kit guy, I have to say that these fine models displayed here are FAR BEYOND exceptional!!!

These outstanding minatures truly relect the fine and exceptional talents of the individuals who have worked so long and diligently on them!! EXCELLENT work, my friends!! If I were an NMRA judge, you'd ALL be taking home a FIRST prize!! John

"I LIVE FOR VINTAGE VARNISH"

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  4:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Rooming House in 1:48 'O' scale from the original building in Baraga, MI

bobcatt
New Hire

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  12:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit bobcatt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Magor Car Co. 30 ton single sheathed (outside braced) boxcar. Newfoundland Railway, 42" gauge. Scratchbuilt using Evergreen Styrene and Northeastern "Z" section. Trucks are Moffett Models, Andrews (sprung).

[S/Sn2/Sn42 + 7mmNG + 16mmNG]

Edited by - bobcatt on 12/28/2009 12:10:37 PM

Michael Yoakam
New Hire

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  11:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Yoakam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope this works, This is one of the structures I did last year. It is O scale.
Michael

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  08:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some reason, Iíve missed these new additions.

Nice work, Dave. Are those windows scratchbuilt too?

Your boxcar has nice crisp details, Chris. I notice the little sections of roof walk from the ladder to the main roof walk are missing. Any idea why that was done?

George

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  11:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George,
The windows are from Rusty Stumps. He made them just for this build and then added them to his line of products in O, HO and S. Three different sizes and can be assembled (a bit of work) open or closed.
Doors are also RSSM as are shingles.

Page: of 64 Previous Topic: Zenith Radio Topic Next Topic: Something different on my bench..  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000