Railroad Line Forums - Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 73 ]  [ Total: 75 ]  [ Newest Member: tx28 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Hamlin Wizard Oil Topic Next Topic: Ferris Wheel Restart
Page: of 63

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  8:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for the kind comments!

Frederic, yes, I painted the figure. Henry is one of the soft rubbery type figures so I had to use acrylic paint. I dulled him down some with an I/A wash but he is not fastened down and his constant movement, I think, tends to polish him in places. In other words, I can't take credit for the shiny shoe. The wear and the lighting did that.

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  2:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Terrell,

Did you also scratchbuild the spout? It looks very unique. I can't find a waterspout in O scale.. wonder if it's better (and easier) to scratchbuild one.

Thanks,

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  2:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthur, yes, my spout is scratchbuilt, mainly from styrene tubing. Grandt Line sells an O gauge spout kit, cast metal. Either through their site or Walthers. The last time I looked Walthers had it.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  7:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently checked Valley Model Trains for this kit, and they had it too. They usually send things very fast.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  11:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthur, I do not know if you are interested in this plan. Or just commenting on the build. But there is a spout here, with brass tube, to make if you would like.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Edited by - desertdrover on 07/06/2008 8:02:26 PM

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  9:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Terrell, Frederick, and Louis,

Thanks very much- I've pulled the diagram and photo off and will use them as reference when I do my water tower/shed.

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  3:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I'm a new member here and since I'm a compulsive scratchbuilder, I thought I'd introduce myself here by posting one of my larger scratchbult structures, "Lauthers Perfect Pickles". It's completely built board-by-board and stone-by-stone from the foundation up and there's a complete interior on both the 1st and 2nd floors

Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to,
while all the time we long to move the stars to pity.

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  4:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mwbpequod,
Sure would like to see more of your pickle factory. Does the roof come off? How about some interior views?

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  4:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, you have a fine looking scratchbuilt structure, fantastic work. Looing forward to more scratchbuilding from you in the future.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  5:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with Dave, can we peek inside? Great build!

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  5:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, great build! I especially agree with wanting to see more.

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  5:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys. Much appreciated! Took a lot of scale 2" x 4"'s to build this one....

Ok, here's the back side or trackside view of Lauthers Perfect Pickles. It sort of looks isolated since it exists as a complete lift-out module within my layout and these shots were taken outside of the layout.

That's a scratchbuilt Heinz Vinegar tank car on the siding - I have scratchbuilt pickle tank cars also. Across the tracks is a scratchbuilt milk station that served as the basis for a run of kits that I used at NMRA clinics and sold off the leftovers of recently.

Yes, the roof does come off and then the interior of the 2nd floor lifts out. Talk about compulsive behavior... I'll excavate some pix - for some reason I don't think I ever took any pix of the finished 1st floor interior. Should have some "in progress" shots.

Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to,
while all the time we long to move the stars to pity.

Edited by - mwbpequod on 09/05/2008 5:42:56 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  5:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin,

I love your "Lauthers Perfect Pickles". Last summer I scratchbuilt my "Devon's Dills" Pickle Works in HO. It was based on the old Revel/AHM/IHC styrene kit. Anyway, seeing yours brought back memories. Now I have to get me one of those pickle cars.

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  6:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I would post some pics of my scratch built Hulett Ore Unloader since the build thread is quickly disappearing .
The pictures of this seven month project were taken by Karl O.

The Huletts have been extinct since the self unloading mechanism was invented and used by most freighters . I'm currently building a second Hulett so that the two can be placed in a dock scene with my Edmund Fitzgerald ore ship .

Terry

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  6:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thatís a very nice looking pickle factory, Martin. Did you design it yourself, or use plans? I like that pickle car too.

Terry, WOW!! Your Hulett Ore Unloader is a very impressive looking model. Karlís fine pictures really show all the detail youíve put in the model.

George

Page: of 63 Previous Topic: Hamlin Wizard Oil Topic Next Topic: Ferris Wheel Restart  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000