Railroad Line Forums - Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 91 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: RocknTommy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Hamlin Wizard Oil Topic Next Topic: Ferris Wheel Restart
Page: of 63

reddevildemo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  10:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another I just finished.

Hope you all enjoy and as always, feedback is welcome.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  11:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vey nice alley Darin. With some LP and vehicles, it's gonna be a great busy place.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  11:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice looking structures, what type of plaement is this going to reside in? Back alley, waterfron, etc etc

reddevildemo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  11:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

These will be on a street just off the waterfront. The dirty side of town more or less.

Oh forgot to say, these ar HO scale as well.

essodee
Fireman

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  12:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice row of buildings, Darin. Looks like they would be right at home around a waterfront.

The coloring is good, but a tad harsh. I think that a judicious, subtle, application of some weathering chalks, ie. grays, light ochers, etc., would help to tone it down and blend it all with the effects of weather.

That fine complex will really come to life with the addition of exterior details and LP's, when you get it either on a diorama or layout.

Stevie O'D

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  5:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a little something I've been working on . It's O scale,

NickO

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  06:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice to see some more pictures of your work Nick, long time since we got see any! And you choose to torture us with just a glimpse, I WANT TO SEE MORE... please :)

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  06:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing just behind the wall seems to be quite attractive. Let's just hope you've painted also the parts hidden by the wall.

absnut
New Hire

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  12:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been over two years since I've posted here as two years ago my wife and I hit the road in our motor home, full time RV-ing, to tour the country. We're back in Maine, now, bought a new house, semi-settled down, and I have started a new layout. These are a few photos of things I have scratched over the past three years, the latest being a B&M station from early this century, not an exact copy, but the best I could do from a photograph. All are N scale. It's good to be back railroading! :-)

This is a model of the B&A station in Searsport ME as it looked about 15 years ago:

A free-lanced flat inspired by the PRR's Queen Mary:

Some Schnabels. The first is a free-lanced, the second as close as I could get to Westinghouse's WECX301, with load and without:

Dick

Edited by - absnut on 09/28/2007 12:50:07 PM

Chester
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  1:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well congrats on getting back into your hobby and doing an excellent job of it, from another Mainiac. I remember the Searsport station looking like that.

By the way, we've lost a great contributor to modeling from Northport, Maine with the passing of Brad Libby, the owner/operator of PenBay Decals recently. He will be sadly missed.

http://modelingin1-87.blogspot.com/

Twist67
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  8:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Twist67's Homepage  Send Twist67 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
Itīs a lot of fantastic modelling here on the forum.All those scratchbuildings are really awesome.
Here are some pictures of things I scratchbuilt.The are in 1:25 scale.Some of those projects are not finished...but they will sometime.
Garage built from wood and casted plasterwalls.
http://images49.fotki.com/v1508/photos/3/1032653/7593931/carsnbarnsII113-vi.jpg
An old Gas Station in progress from an picture

http://images49.fotki.com/v1508/photos/3/1032653/7594000/gasstation153-vi.jpg
Scratchbuilt bottom dump trailer with working doors

I built some more trailers for my trucks from scratch.feel free to take a look at my Truckstop for more pictures.
http://www.twists-truckstop.de/trucks/trucksmain.htm
More scratchbuilding in HO will follow,soon.
Cheers,Chris

Edited by - Twist67 on 03/01/2013 10:06:44 PM

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2007 :  10:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, I went to your truckstop site and all I can say is WOW! Nice trucks! I worked in the US trucking industry for 18 years in sales and management (Yellow Freight among others) and many of your model trucks represent the companies that I had to sell against. You did a great job on recapturing exactly what the trucks looked like. Thanks. Danny

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  7:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Chris,

What scale are those trucks? It's hard for me to believe that they could be HO scale. They are well done!

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Miles
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  01:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Miles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's my modest scratchbuilt gas station: Tidewater Associated Oil Co.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  11:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I would add a few of my scratchbuilds to this thread.

King Post Bridge (more info at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12046&whichpage=1)

Three attached sheds (construction thread at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13550&whichpage=1)

Page: of 63 Previous Topic: Hamlin Wizard Oil Topic Next Topic: Ferris Wheel Restart  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000