Railroad Line Forums - Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 345 ]  [ Total: 346 ]  [ Newest Member: Katie360 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Zenith Radio Topic Next Topic: Something different on my bench..
Page: of 64

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  07:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Heres a structure i scratch built years ag from the FSM:

Karl S

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  08:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
Nice job, as usual. Is the concrete loading dock a casting? Do you remember who made that industrial chimney?

Bruce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  08:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce,

I think I have the same chimney. Mine is a resin chimney. It didn't have a tag on it when I bought it at a local train show.

Since we are talking about them, have you seen the Victorian Smokestack by Sylvan? I forgot all about them. And, they come to the Springfield show:

http://www.isp.on.ca/Sylvan/ho-scaleproducts.htm

Chuck

Edited by - wvrr on 03/08/2005 08:56:54 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  09:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck,
I have built one of their small structure kits (two car handcar shed), and I love their 55 gal drum castings, etc. But, I did not know that they had the Victorian Chimney casting. I will have to get me one. (I did manage to get the same "look" with the Crow River chimney & my base casting.)

Bruce

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  10:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All:

Thnaks for the compliments. Bruce, the loading dock is balsa covered with durhams water putty and painted. The stack is resin but I forgot who the Mfg. is. It's not the same one Chuck pictured. Mine doesn't have the concrete base.

Karl S

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  10:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent job of scratchbuilding, Karl! I'm always impressed with your work!

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  11:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl,

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead. I do have the same one you have from your pictures, though. I just offered an alternative to Bruce, just in case the one you pictured could not be identified. Great model, by the way!

Chuck

belg
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  11:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce I have one of the sylvan chimneys and a word of caution when I bought mine the store had 4 or five in the bin and the one I got was the only one which was reasonably straight the others were curved and bend probably stored or shipped somewhere hot. Pat

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  12:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been gone a week and came back to find this great thread. You guys have posted some fine pictures of your fantastic work.

George

Mic Greenberg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  1:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mic Greenberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chuck.

I have long been a fan of yours. Glad to see you using these forums.

The tank car is heart-stopping (don't know if that is such a good expression). Absolutely beautiful work.

Mic

Visit my website:
www.micgreenberg.com

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  5:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. Mic, you have been a mentor to me for many years through your articles. I eagerly scan the Forum for any post of yours!

If you ever get the time to post photos of your Stambaugh Garage, there is a topic called “Fill er up” over in the Model railroad construction forum that would be a perfect place to put them! That building and your Pillar Point diorama really shook up the hobby!

I am finding these Forums to be super inspirational! So much great work to see, so little time to look!

Thanks again,
Chuck D

Mic Greenberg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  8:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mic Greenberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chuck.

Good to hear your 'voice.' Stambaugh is still around safe and secure in a plastic case. I am very excited about this particular forum – Scratching. I finally mastered posting photos only to have sub-freezing weather thwart my photographic goals. Spring has almost sprung so it won't be long before I can get some real sun to light the subjects. I shall be watching closely for your stuff as well.

Mic

Visit my website:
www.micgreenberg.com

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  8:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About a year ago, I scratchbuilt this structure as part of an on-line diary here on the forum.

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  9:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are a couple of buildings that are located on our club layout that I scratch built.

The Riverview Motel is all styrene with Grandt Line windows and doors.

The Brindza Mine tipple is styrene on wood pilings.

George

TrevorCreek
Fireman

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  07:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see TrevorCreek's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mic Greenberg

Hi Chuck.

Good to hear your 'voice.' Stambaugh is still around safe and secure in a plastic case. I am very excited about this particular forum – Scratching. I finally mastered posting photos only to have sub-freezing weather thwart my photographic goals. Spring has almost sprung so it won't be long before I can get some real sun to light the subjects. I shall be watching closely for your stuff as well.

Mic

Mic, Chuck,

I am looking forward to seeing more of your great models here in the forum. I sure am happy that many excellent modelers are now here. Joe Crea recently joined the Yorke_Kits Yahoo group. I would love to see some new pics of the Stambaugh garage, Pillar Point and Chuck's machine shop and other terrific models. Isn't this hobby just great!!!!!

Frank Bernard

PS - Mic, have you been working with Roger M. on his version of the Stambaugh garage that he is bringing out as a kit?

Page: of 64 Previous Topic: Zenith Radio Topic Next Topic: Something different on my bench..  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000