Railroad Line Forums - Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 316 ]  [ Total: 318 ]  [ Newest Member: SandersReview ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Zenith Radio Topic Next Topic: Something different on my bench..
Page: of 64

belg
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  6:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nick, like Chuck said you can't just post one pic and not give any more info then that. Come on Mic or Nick give with the info, Please. Pat

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  6:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Chuck ,

Are you talking about my post ? 'Cos all I am getting is a red cross . I don't know what I'm doing wrong , because I am doing what I normally do .
Mic only gave me one shot to post , you will have to pester him for some more . He asked me to post it because his computer still isn't being very co-operative , but it looks as if mine isn't either .

NickO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  6:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am continuously amazed at the realism that some of you are able to achieve with your wood stains. Mic that is some fantastic work. Thanks for sharing.

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  6:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NickO,
I can see the picture just fine.
I was only griping about getting to see one.
Chuck D.

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  6:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Pat ,

I can't give you very much more info , 'cos I ain't got none . Other than it is part of a building he is constructing to take to this years NG Convention at Dearborn . He said something about Revelia and Nolan having it all their own way for too long and it is time for the Big Boys to get in on the act . Or words to that effect . I'm not too sure what he means by that ! Should make for an interesting show ,

NickO

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  7:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Chuck ,

I'm glad to hear that the photo came out for all of you , it must be my computer. I'll have to give it a thump .

If Mic gives me some more shots I'll post them up.

NickO

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  7:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have said please!

Sorry I am going to miss Dearborn, hope somebody gets some good pics!

Thanks, Nick And Mic.

Chuck D.

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  7:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have said please!

Sorry I am going to miss Dearborn, hope somebody gets some good pics!

Thanks, Nick And Mic.

Chuck D.

Dave D
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  10:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Dave D's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, that looks awesome Mr. G
BTW,
Nick,could you let him know I got my first sets of tips and they are great??
TY

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  02:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

TY ,

You can let him know yourself as he is a member here , it is just that he isn't able to post photos at the moment .
You're a bit behind on the Tip Sheets , they get even better as he gets into the swing of producing them . What you need to do is what I have done , send him a big wedge of cash and wait for them to drop on the doorstep . When he tells you that wedge is all used up , send him another !

NickO

n/a
deleted

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  03:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work Mic! Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Nick...if I recall correctly, I think Mic said that this structure was inspired by one in Bodega Bay....but don't hold me to it, it's been a while since he told me.

Marc

Dave D
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  07:25:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Dave D's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

I really LIKE that idea Nick!!!!!
So.............send me a big wedge of cash, and I will let you know when it is used up.

Mic Greenberg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  07:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mic Greenberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nick, Marc, Chuck, all.

Thanks Nick O for the posting. I must still be in the 20th Century photo-posting-wise.

Marc you are close. Pescadero is the locale where the Tank House is located. Just below Half Moon Bay. Tank on Top will be a featured piece in Tip Sheet #7, Wooden Water Tank. It was your water tank tutuorial some months ago that inspired the rendering on the wood on tank. More photos are on the way as I just discovered I need not be a slave to aperture priority but can still be a manual guy using M. Pescadero Tank House is going to be my Dearborn Diorama contest model.

Hi Chuck. I am thinking of you as Mr. Detrius (sp?) these days, for your clever use of natural material at the most surprising but appropritate places about a building's base, in the bottom of a gondola, and in the general area of discarded equipment. Looks haphazard, but I know from experience it is quite deliberate and creatively done. Sorry you won't be at Dearborn. Michigan is about as far as I can go these days with lots of show-and-tell stuff in the van.

Gang. Thanks for the kind words, more pics are on the way.

Mic

Visit my website:
www.micgreenberg.com

Mic Greenberg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  08:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mic Greenberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chuck.

How embarrassing. Detrius is really spelled detritus. So much for my sesquipedalian proclivities.

Mic

Visit my website:
www.micgreenberg.com

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  10:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nick, thanks for posting Mic's photo.

Mic, it's great seeing some of your new work! I hope you'll have more construction photos that can be shared with us.

Page: of 64 Previous Topic: Zenith Radio Topic Next Topic: Something different on my bench..  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000