Railroad Line Forums - Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 69 ]  [ Total: 76 ]  [ Newest Member: SandersReview ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Zenith Radio Topic Next Topic: Something different on my bench..
Page: of 64

n/a
deleted

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  11:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce, Al...thanks for the input.

Al....the NWLMC this year is in Willits, CA. at "The Roots of Motive Power Museum" (not exactly the northwest, but close enough) location varies from year to year last year it was in Tacoma...and years before that in various locations in Washington and Oregon.

Heres the link to this years website/location info. If you click on the images it will take you to more photos, and if you click on the "links" towards the bottom of the page, you can see all sorts of slide shows of the equipment. http://users.adelphia.net/~jerrykitts/

Dates are this coming Friday through Sunday, with some events such as visiting a steam powered sawmill at work, and a "Donkey" hunt (creeping around in the woods looking for, and looking at, old abandoned/derelict steam donkeys and logging equipment)

Marc

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  07:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice looking car Marc. I like the looks of it better without the awning. Have fun at the convention. If you get a chance please post any pictures that you may take and thanks for the link.

RodH
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  07:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit RodH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
marc,

Beautiful work as always. Just love the awning.

Rod Hutchinson
Growing Old Disgracefully
Australia

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  08:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marc, my vote is awning on ... but it looks good regardless.

Joe <><

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  10:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dan, that's a very nice loco model. There isn't much loco scratch building going on any more. Thanks for posting the link to the tutorial - it's very informative.

Marc, the car looks great. I'm with the keep the awning group.

George

danpik
New Hire

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  7:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit danpik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it. That project was fun to build. It almost never happened as I did not think I was able to do that type of work. A friend of mine at work is planning to build one in G scale and not being one to be shown up I decided to give it a shot. Completing that one gave me the confidence to try this one.

Yep...thats a full scale scratch built replica of a United States 2004 quarter!!! I had to put some parts of an in process scratch built GE 25 ton engine next to it for size comparison.

Dan Pikulski
www.DansResinCasting.com

n/a
deleted

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  10:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, with a loot of teeth gritting and stress I finished them...at least as finished as they're going to get. the Padlock for the door latch snapped out of my tweezers, and I have no idea where it went...will add it back later. Now I just need to pack them and a small tool/repair kit and off I go...

Marc
(sorry for the somewhat off color/and lack of sharpness...to beat to shoot again)

belg
Fireman

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  06:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marc, although both cars are beautiful I really like the open gondola and was hoping you could tell me how do you get the slightly darker shading in and around the perimeter and the framing members?
You said in one post that you wish you had used grey undercoat, I guess this is so when you sand the overcoat lightly it will show thru? Do you do this in lue of drybrushing over the top?
Do you know how to change the settings of Jerry Roots slideshow, some I would like to see again or hold and study??
I think I'll stop asking questions now and give you a chance to respond, thanks Pat.

Edited by - belg on 06/09/2005 06:17:51 AM

Shamus
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  09:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice job Marc, like that Gon the best of all.

Shamus

Dave D
Fireman

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  10:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Dave D's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, I could not pick a favorite, they are both gorgeous!

BTW Marc, I'm sure you have heard it before but I'd like to take the opportunity to say Thanks, for the "Steam In The Woods" site. I would have been lost without it.

mikethetrainman
Fireman

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  12:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marc great job on both cars. They both look good, so I can't decide which one I like better. Great work.

Mike Mace
Northern Division of the Santa Fe

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  10:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a scratch built n-scale bait and tackle shop named for my wife's younger brother, Josh.

It's built of styrene and will have a home along side the river that Josh helped me with on the layout that I'm constructing.

I see some things in the photos that I need to correct but I'm pretty happy with what I've done. This is the first model that I've completed in several years simply because of a lack of time but, my wife of almost a year, tries very hard to see that I have time to model and is good at encouraging me.

Joe <><

Dave D
Fireman

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  07:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Dave D's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Here's a 40' Skeleton log car I just did Tuesday morning.
Here it is under construction.

And finished.

Close up.

Now it's time for paint and weathering.

Shamus
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  09:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice looking log cars my friend

Shamus

belg
Fireman

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  09:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I hope you add how you paint and finish these beauties. Pat

Page: of 64 Previous Topic: Zenith Radio Topic Next Topic: Something different on my bench..  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000