Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 169 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from 64f and Sunny N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Dining Car blend. The special is biscuits and black peppered sausage gravy. Other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the line.

Beautiful morning here, as the birds are chirping and the tulips, daffodils, and forsythia are enjoying this Spring day. A couple of long eared rodents are just a little out of range.

I completed my upgrade work on the printer yesterday, and have a few parts that I want to try to print today. I also need to do a COSTCO trip and maybe Hobby Lobby.

Probably get some outside work in later, out in the garden area. I've cut down to about 50' by 50' for this year. Peppers, Tomatoes, small patch of sweet corn, and butternut squash are only things going out there this year. I need to rototill but it is still too wet from the winter thaw.

Might actually get some bench time in.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice sunny spring day in SE NH. Lots more daffodils should start blooming the next couple of days.

Yesterday I cut some backdrop panels and installed a couple. But now I'm at the point where I need think a bit before installing more of them :-)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is 54 and heading up to 68.

Got on the computer late the past few days. Took advantage of the last couple of days before the wife had to report to her school and slept late. Once up did some chores around the house. Since the weather was nice, we got all the outdoor furniture out and placed. I put the cover on the gazebo and ran electricity to the gazebo.

Today is the first day the wife is reporting to her school. To say she is nervous is an understatement. They have six new cases this week and have been open only Tuesday and Wednesday. Here is hoping all goes well today and for the next ten weeks.

I did not get anything done on the Engine House. I did play around with some track schemes for the engine facility area. I was proud of myself as I cut a piece of 22-inch radius curve to fit a situation and it worked. I am hampered by the fact I do not have any left-handed #6 turnouts. I ordered three and they are taking the slow train from Oklahoma City. They have been in transit from Oklahoma City to their next destination since the 2nd.

I did have a little luck recently and found a couple of hard-to-find locos I was searching for months. Frist was a Walthers Mainline Undecorated NW-2. This loco will be done as a New York Ontario & Western unit. The second one was a GG-1 in the blue American Railroads scheme. I found one on eBay and had some promo money which made the price right. With out the promo money I might not have gone for it since it was an almost 50-year-old AHM loco. With the price I paid I figured if it did not run, I could still use the shell or make it a static display. It arrived yesterday and to my pleasant surprise when I tested it, it ran beautifully. As a matter of fact, it ran better than some brand-new locos I got from the manufacturer. The only thing I need to do is change the hook and horn couplers.

I have a few chores to do and then make a grocery store run. I am hoping I might have time to visit a hobby shop while I am out.

I hope everybody has a good day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where the h*** were you hiding? I'll dump my lounge post, first one that didn't vaporize on me spontaneously....
Tired and aches abound this morning. 80 and sun all day yesterday, the house didn't cool enough to sleep comfortably over night.

No electrical or internet problems here this week, just the acceptance of plain old mediocrity as default. That SKYLINK or whatever, Jim, sounds great. Another Tesla venture. Boy be getting rich on feeding us old time folks new gee-whiz stuff. Better than cheez-whiz I guess. Reading about it I'll wait a couple years as it doesn't look ready from prime time yet.

Rain due around 11-12 this am so going to keep plans on a short leash. I've some things to do inside. If the power and internet stay on.

The Doll was in a rage yesterday, spent about an hour and half the day waiting and then trying multiple times to get onto the Michigan Secretary of State "online service" to schedule a drivers license renewal. SOS is another of the state gubbiment groups mis-managed by the quartetteof killing business and people at rapid rates. Nothing like a emasculating raging lunatic cult to really put stuff in an a mess of such proportion.

Back to the bench this morning? See how much more basswood I can fowl up trying to make a "simple" small board and batten structure to go with the gas station model. All I have for Tuesday's effort is a fine coat of super glue on my finger tips and a like new bottle of Loctite Professional that has nearly welded it's top shut and a splintered piece of wood. Still more left, so just keep at it until I run out of wood, patience or time.

Everyone have fun, sure doing it in a big way here!!!

Stay Well

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/08/2021 09:30:08 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's another day in the 60's and another day with outdoor chores. Pat's new Odyssey has a small nick in the windshield, so we're waiting for the repair person. Sometime between 8 and noon.

I should finish my small cassettes today. I'm going to hit a work stoppage because I don't have enough brass rod to finish the connecting pins.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. It’s 68F and sunny here in northern West Virginia with 81 in the forecast.

Yesterday we we worked on some financial/legal matters, then it was off to the rail trail for three miles of walking. I put off mowing the back yard another day and worked on starting seeds instead.

Today is already well underway; I’ll do outdoor jobs, maybe some modeling, and to the club this evening.

Have a great day!

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 04/08/2021 09:32:39 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is sunny right now in S.E. Michigan and we should reach the low 70's later today. Karl's rain should make it here around 4 p.m.

I printed out the forms for our estimated taxes for both the feds and the state. I'll mail those payments in in a few days.

Off to Fenton right after lunch. Until then, some bench time.

Have a great day!

Bruce

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  10:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was kidney stone day.........

That's all I've got.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  10:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from wet and dreary looking So. Central Wisconsin. I just looked at the weather app and it has changed from about 2 hours ago. Rain now is scheduled as hit and Miss through Sunday. Whatever, I can’t do a thing except hide from the weather.

I am in the cave looking out over the dreary landscape watching some Morning Doves building a nest under the deck.

One of yesterday’s electricians asked if he could bring his 10 year old twins out to see the layout, said yep. So, I will be cleaning the tracks and testing the new stuff works. Since 2/2020 only the grandkids and Terry have operated the layout with me.

Enjoy your day
TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  11:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, I hope you're doing better today.

George

Fly Army

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  11:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mwbpequod

Yesterday was kidney stone day.........

That's all I've got.

Hope you saved it, it'll make a great backstory as a scenery detail piece. I read your comment on yesterday's lounge. Geez, that had to be a nasty walk home. They are PAINFUL!

Jim

Take the red pill

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  11:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nearly noon, no rain has nothing that close yet.

Got some “admin” done on the ‘puter. Trying to get reimbursed by Rayovac for a batch of AAA batteries dated NOV 2029 that went to crap still in the plastic pack. Photo of the package wasn’t enough, want more time and effort than worth. People withOUT computers are at a real disadvantage these days just conducting life. Another half hour to refil Rx that I’d thought I was requesting Monday.

So enjoying another pleasant weather day with the Doll, mid 70s breezy hazy sun.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  1:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Martin, I hope you're doing better today.

Better but some terrible spikes that are just blinding.

quote:
Hope you saved it, it'll make a great backstory as a scenery detail piece. I read your comment on yesterday's lounge. Geez, that had to be a nasty walk home. They are PAINFUL!

Still in me in transit,

Walk home was a lot better than standing around - walking and doing something helps me.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  3:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heal quickly, completely and permanently, Martin!

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  10:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening, all, and a speedy recovery to Martin. Today at Seashore I learned to 'CadWeld' traction bonds to rail. Only one setup didn't seal right and lost almost all the liquid metal into the ballast. In between, I re-welded several mis-applied arc-weld type bonds. A couple had been done with insufficient power - hardly any penetration into the rail. Another had been ?brazed? to the rail; the author had basically built a bead of braze, without thought to the area of surface providing adhesion. At any rate, better now, and more tomorrow.

My wife is making good progress on 24 Winter St. and 38 Washington St. I should have time to post pictures Saturday.

James

Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000