Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 198 ]  [ Total: 200 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: How to make music with a locomotive Topic Next Topic: A Three Year Summary........
Page: of 2

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  06:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from 50f heading to 75f and Sunny N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Freedom Blend as Indiana has moved to the next level in the protocol. Our State has been on the leading edge of vaccinations and it will be welcome. Today's special is Ham and eggs, toast and grits. Oatmeal pot is smokin'. All other drinks at the end of the line.

I'm still plodding along between the shop reconfiguration and the slowly progressing TT/roundhouse project. Too many outside distractions and a few trips to Chicago thrown in. I'll dig out my flak jacket.

Tulips have joined the daffodils and Forsythia, maybe Spring has sprung! Can weeds be far behind?

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  08:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim. Itís in the mid fifties and weíre expecting high seventies in northern West Virginia today. Iíll have usual: coffee and oatmeal.

We will get out on the trail soon; my wife has an early afternoon appointment.

I got some work accomplished on the B&O tower while listening to the radio. Also did some outdoor work in the garden. Today will probably be more of the same.

Have a great day!

Mike

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  08:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Mike and the rest of the crew. It is 45 degree and heading up to 70 under mostly sunny skies here in S.E. Michigan.

It is too nice not to get some outdoor chores done. Some time at the modeling bench later as well.

Have a great day!

Bruce

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  08:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coffee and 2 chocolate banana muffins and I'm set.

Going to be in the 70's today so I'll be outside painting in the afternoon! Finally be able to wrap up a few cars that have sat waiting their turn.

Maybe some light yard work, or maybe just sitting on the deck watching and listening to the birds, pretending to read a book or 2.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  09:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mwbpequod

Maybe some light yard work, or maybe just sitting on the deck watching and listening to the birds, pretending to read a book or 2.

Martin, the effectiveness of my 'pretend reading' is pretty low once Bonnie sees that my eyes are closed.

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew. Jim, we have plenty of weeds here in Tidewater Virginia if you want some. We're going to hit 70į and I'll be out attacking those guys this morning.

Hopefully after my outdoor activities I'll get some workbench time in. I need to make a couple more small cassettes for locomotives.

have a good day.
George

Fly Army

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  10:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy sun and mid 50s going to dang near 80 in Michigan today. Several passing rain squalls and light shows allowed me a bit of bench time yesterday. Today, maybe later but sure to be outside. I have a bird feeder to fix, found bent over by the Doll this am. Weíve had a persistent fat a$$ed squirrel we kept popping in the butt with the BB gun, that just,shoos him off briefly and back. May have to escalate and get a batch of fresh stew meat, or jerky.

Everyone have a fine day. has MI tied up like Kim Jian Gretchid...

Be well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  10:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. Another mostly cloudy 50s day for the NH seacoast. I'm at the computer now, but will visit Dave this afternoon to try hanging a backdrop section or two. Then I'll zoom home for a Seashore and a Northeastern Region meeting. The NER meeting will be the last before our NERx event Saturday and Sunday (see nerx.org)

James

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  10:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dogs are at the groomers, so the house is unnaturally quiet. Geology class, then backdrops with James. Somehow, those are kinda tied together, I think :-)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  10:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. Our 1st rains of Spring finally showed up. 2 thunder boomers and a 30 second shower. I believe we need more then that. But nothing predicted until next week for rain.

The electricians were here from 3 to 8 yesterday and from 6 to awhile ago. All done per the boss/owner who was here at least 1/2 that time. They put in a new circuit breaker box and some other things. The boss is coming back with his solar guy later to check the connections on that stuff. The trip mechanism was scorched, that is what puts us back on the grid to use the Electric Utility systems feed when the solar storage isnít enough. He actually thinks itís an issue when the backup generator comes on. We have weekly test for about a minute automatically with that system. Oh well they say itís fixed but they will be watching it.

Trains and exercise will begin after I click send on this. Enjoy your day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  11:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob the builder in da Yoop just called the Doll, like a kid he was, 3rd in line at the boat launch at Garden on the Big Bay de Noc. The ice is gone and word is the perch are biting.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  3:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James helped me get some of the most difficult backdrop sections up. First the mill stream corner:

Then the section behind the switcher shack followed by the next section around the corner to the 'mountains'

The backdrops are photo backdrops from Trackside Scenery, affixed with Deluxe Material's backdrop glue. That gives us lots of working time (which we needed), versus the spray adhesive that Joey recommends for his backdrops. The one surprise was that the backdrops curled along the short axis, and we had to work hard to get them to feed into the slots behind the bit of scenery I have.

As usual, I benefited from James' overall experience in doing practical things

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  5:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, they look real good! Certainly having an extra pair of skillful hands to help was worth that steak you took him out to for lunch.

Jim

Take the red pill

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  5:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're welcome, Dave, glad to help out.

James

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  6:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave and James. They look great, good job

TomO

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  6:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, the backdrops really add depth.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: How to make music with a locomotive Topic Next Topic: A Three Year Summary........  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000