Railroad Line Forums - Real Friday April 2 lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 195 ]  [ Total: 197 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Real Friday April 2 lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: At last!!  

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  08:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. I saw the lounge wasn't open, so I shook the snow off the doormat and opened up. The coffee pot is warming up with Claw Bar blend, the kettle is on and the oatmeal is simmering.

Sunny here in the lower Merrimack Valley, with little clumps of snow left on the grass. I have some shopping to do, then back to Cars AP work.
James

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  08:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, James and crew, It's a chilly, but sunny morning in Tidewater Virginia.

I've been adjusting my freight car couplers and while at it cleaning wheels. I'm trying to improve the reliability of the coupler action over the magnets. I'm learning some things from the drill.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  08:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning James, George and the rest of the crew. It is 29 degrees and sunny here in S.E. Michigan.

I did get a little work done on the engine house yesterday. Today I want to finish staining all the wood. That way I can proceed with the construction in bits and pieces as time allows.

Have a great day!

Bruce

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  09:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from my little world in Wisconsin. Thanks James for opening on this real 4/2 day.

The second jab is done and no issues 20 hours later. Since I stopped on the way home at an old to me Chicago style hot dog and Italian beef place, dinner was just some jello and a small salad last night. No need to stop there in the future as they are building one about 5 miles from me.

Some time will be spent in the train room at the bench. Today I will be adding weight to the 40 pieces of rolling stock that I weathered the wheels and wheel sets.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  09:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It dropped to 19 in the overnight and is barely 25 at 0900 with bright sun glistening off the frost, water in the birdbath is frozen again. Going to be ~45 and stay mostly sunny all day.

Worked on the work area yesterday for awhile then we went for dinner at the Doll's daughter's on the W side of Lansing. We had a nice times as she and her girls usually do.

No big plan announced yet today so I suppose some of James' oat"meal" will be fine. Cinnamon and dried cranberries and some pancake syrup will be fine, thank you!

Fine day all.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  09:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning James, George, and the incoming crew. Thanks for unfreezing that door lock. I brought a loaf of yet warm Raisin Sourdough bread. That I made yesterday, and had it in the oven at 4 am.

We need a light breakfast this Good Friday before Easter.

I fell back asleep this morning and slept like a rock. I probably overdid it a bit yesterday, but the arm feels so much better, I had to get some stretching in.

Good luck on the Cars AP, looks like you are close to getting the evals done. They look like winners from here.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  09:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bread looks good, Jim...

Since I'm pretty much done with the Wileys kitbash, it's time to clean the workbench and ponder my next project.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  11:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Thanks for digging out, James. Jim, the bread looks wonderful, and we'll have to make sure Dave leaves some for the rest of us!

38 and sunny here in the northern mitten, with no major breezes to note, and a possibility of high forties today. Good day to go run errands....

The river bridge project has just hit a deadline, or rather has blown by the deadline and is now frustrating me with the lack of progress. Need to make time for that this weekend.

But I've just been notified that numerous Orange Cones have been placed by the side of the road into town, so that implies congestion, and that means it's "Getoffyerduff" time here and I need to get underway.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  12:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon folks

It is a darn right cold 31 going up to 41. I bet it wonít feel any warmer. Since the temperature is supposed to go into the high twenties tonight the window boxes will stay indoors and the pots covered.

Yesterday not much got done. I did a little grocery shopping. I still have more. I realized I forgot the big bag of Meow Mix for the cats the other day at PetSmart. Since I need to get the dogís prescription food, I will get the cat food at the same time. I just hope the nearest PetSmart has the dog food. I donít feel like driving all over the place.

Some #6 switches arrived today. I am still waiting on a few more and a couple of wyes. Then I can start the yard near the station.

I got to go out and pick up the Easter bread and a pie for Easter dinner.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: At last!!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000