Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 194 ]  [ Total: 200 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday morning lounge
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Its Friday, April 2? Topic Next Topic: ATM???
Page: of 2

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  07:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from cloudy and 40f in N.E. Indiana with 41f the predicted high. March came in like a Lion and leaving as a Lion.

The coffee urn has signaled READY with Humpyard blend. The special is a Western Omelet, Texas toast, and grits. Other bev...tmeal..line.

I've got another followup this morning, and am blasting off in about a minute.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  08:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 42 degrees and sunny here in S.E. Michigan. Temps will stay pretty steady until this evening when we will head down into the mid-20's.

We went to Kohl's yesterday for some things Bonnie wanted, and I decided to buy a two new pairs of Jeans for our upcoming road trip. They carry Lee brand which is my favorite. Every time I go to Kohls I get the feeling that they are paying me to take product out the door. The Jeans were on sale and I was happy to pay the sale price. Then I watched the sale person check me out and they took an additional $10 off the price - just because I'm breathing, I guess. Finally they gave me a coupon for $20 of Kohl's Cash for my next purchase. Then I was sorry that I didn't buy a third pair.

I've been watching a Tom turkey strutting around a hen out in the field. Nice tail feathers and impressive moves on that guy.

I got some work done on the Engine House build and will get back to it later today.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  08:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Bruce and crew. It's going to be a warm rainy day in Tidewater Virginia.

Pat wants to go for a walk before the rain comes, them I plan to make a beer run. The rest of the day will be spent playing with trains.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  09:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Rain and more rain today in West Virginia.

It looks like today will be indoor activities. We will keep an eye on the weather in case there is a break but Iím not optimistic. Iíll work on the interlocking tower and perhaps do some straightening up. Nothing ambitious.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  09:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin where the sun is shining but there is no heat. 29f degrees now feels like 20 heading to the Weather Channel app prediction of 38.

Thanks Jim for opening and hope the follow up is good news. The western sounds great but I will settle for an English Muffin.

Normally this is an exercise free day but it is the end of the month so the trainer/PT/sadist will be here at 9am Central Time. Time to change the routine. I started at 232# in the summer of 2020 and was at 196 March 1st. I have not cheated and hopped on the scale since and am hopeful to be below 190. The strength has come back from the fight with the Lyme diease but Meghan the trainer wants more then that. I basically have done what she wants but I absolutely refuse to do any running. The belly has gotten smaller but not enough.

Trains: I have removed all wheelsets from 40 pieces of rolling stock. The ones that are not Intermountain wheels are being switched to them and all will be weathered. The100í or so between the Paper Mill and the Grain complex has had additional foam added for ground forms. I have 2 streams or creeks to cut out and may get those done today.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  09:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and cool today after hitting 70 yesterday. I did some walking and fiddling in the barn. Tempted to take off the snow blower, but still 70 years, plus, of Aprils....the lamb is in control of the last of March but the Lion seems to be in the North one quarter of the lower mitten...

The Doll has been a great sport about the ATM thing. I do have to say she can be a treat and entertaining, certainly a good sport.

TomO, the Intermountain wheels are a great improvement to most cars, you'll certainly find any "parking" spots on the layout that aren't dead flat.

Crazy sinus/allergy(?) head today, think I'll chill a bit.

Everyone have a good day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/31/2021 09:19:22 AM

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  09:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain is not here yet, but I'm prepared with 2 more tank cars to decal. Made and prepped the decals for these 2 yesterday while we had a nice sunny warm day. Also got 2 other tank cars oversprayed yesterday along with another MoW car.

Wet or cold - in the shop and office
Warm and sunny - outside painting

Whoops! Galley proof just arrived so perfect for a rainy day at the kitchen table under the lights to correct.....

Fun!

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone from northern Ohio I just heard we are getting SNOW tomorrow. I have been trying to get some bundles of track and canít find ho clad 70 at a fair price any ideas, I also got an email from a company called Oak Hill out of the blue. Like fast tracks they make and sell turnouts at a fair price anyone deal with them just wondering. Got to go find my snowblower and get ready for the fun Tom.

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  10:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is 58 and raining which it is supposed to do all day. They say the high will be 65.

We finished the pergola yesterday and did some running around. We went to Delaware to get gas. Paid 2.63 there. Best price in Pennsylvania we saw was 2.89 at a station right at the Delaware state line. Wife and I stopped and had dinner at one of our favorite places in Delaware. Second time we ae there since the pandemic began. Since the first lockdown we have eaten out only four times, three in Delaware and once in Pennsylvania.

We just got home from the vampires and getting our annual bloodletting for the doctorsí tests. First time in a long time we could coordinate both of us going at the same time.

I need to make the big monthly grocery store run later today. Maybe some trains afterwards.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  10:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the lower Merrimack Valley; it's mostly cloudy and heading for 65F today, rain is forecast for tonight and Thursday. I got back to my kitbash of Bolles Motors last night, will do a little more today while I wait for the flatcar's deck to dry.

James

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  11:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It started sunny, but as James notes it's back to cloudy. But definitely spring weather ("out like a lamb") for the end of March. Wife and I celebrated 39 years together with take-out last night, we'll have to plan something big for next year. (For 25, I flew in some friends for a surprise party, I don't think I could top that...)

Back to the roof on the kitbash, this is nearing completion. I'm also pondering lighting, and how to mask off rooms so not every room is illuminated.

Karl, a friend had one of those "joke a day" calendars. It was permanently stuck on a cartoon saying "A woman will buy anything she thinks the store is losing money selling." (Not fair, I know, but sometimes it feels like my wife has a psychological aversion to just buying what she wants at full price.)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 03/31/2021 11:41:00 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  12:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave congratulations on 39th anniversary!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  1:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Dave and Mrs. Dave. (properly addressed as Saint Mrs. Dave)

Jim

Take the red pill

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  2:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TomM, Jeff Otto is a good guy selling a great product at more reasonable prices the the other track company. I have a few modeling buddies who use his stuff, I use ME rail with Central Valley tie strips.

Congrats Dave and Mrs. D.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  5:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy 39th to Dave and the Missus!

Bruce

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  9:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Dave. My wife and I celebrated our 2nd this evening, at The Tap in Haverhill, though the deck wasn't open so no viewing of the Merrimack or trains.

James

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Its Friday, April 2? Topic Next Topic: ATM???  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000