Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 204 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  07:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from 27f and clear N.E. Indiana where it should get to 55 today. The coffee urn is READY with Getoffyerduff blend to start the week. The special is French toast made with Burley's homemade sourdough bread. Canadian Bacon on the side. Some canned peaches are on the end of the serving line if you want to add oe to your platter. All other beverages and if prefer oatmeal (), go for it!

Up early this morning making that breakfast, and getting ready to head up to the Amish supermarket, and plastic shop. Still waiting on the propane Bozo to show up.

I did try to do some drawing tricks yesterday with mixed results. I'll see if it prints as intended later on. That's it for now, I'll be checking back in after the trip.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  07:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 30 degrees and sunny here in S.E. Michigan. It was pretty windy yesterday and that wind is coming back later today.

We have one outing to our son's house on the agenda today. Other than that, I will be working downstairs and planning out our upcoming road trip.

Have a great day!

Bruce

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  08:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Bruce and crew. It's windy with a few clouds in the lower Merrimack Valley, and not expected to get above the mid-40s. I have paperwork to do, then off to the other end of the seacoast for my 2nd shot and my wife's first. Then quick dinner and a Planning Board meeting. But there will be some modeling time in between.

James

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  08:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wicked wind last night and trees down on the news but not here.

Office and shop day again; back that I pulled out last Fri is getting better but that transition from sitting to standing is an adventure Wife gets here 1st shot today so I'll drive her over and hit the library while out and about.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  08:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was miserable cold. Today, ice in the birdbath, bright sun.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  08:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's a sunny day in Tidewater Virginia and we're supposed to make it to 60į. Yesterday, we had high winds like Martin experienced. We have a wooded lot, so I imagine we have a lot of little branches down out back, so that will be occupying some of my time today.

We're getting an estimate on replacement windows today. We have our monthly zoom call with cruising friends. Add picking up branches and a nap, I may not have time for the workbench.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  09:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James will need to hold onto his hat and sunglasses when he comes to the north end of the Seacoast.

Yesterday between the model shop and the computer I finished the design for the hip roof on top of the Mansard. Today I'll cut out the parts and test fit them. I also glued the windows in place, and will finish up the storefront. So the bash build is making good progress.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  09:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Itís 37F with a bright beautiful sun here in northern West Virginia. High in the fifties; Iíll take that.

The rain stopped in the late afternoon yesterday so we did get in several miles walking. I did a little modeling but really I need a couple of longer sessions.

I might do some computer work today but Iím trying to spend less time on the web design and track planning and more time at the bench.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  09:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a mostly sunny windy So. Central Wisconsin. The weather app is telling me the winds are at 30-35 with gusts 45 to 50. I did take the garbage bin out to the road this morning and honestly I didnít notice the winds but noticed the ice in the little puddles left over from Saturdayís rains. High 60ís this afternoon.

I turned the TV on last night. I watched 10 minutes or less of the NCAA college BB UCLA and someone else. Switched over to NHL hockey Boston and someone else and the referees justifiably took 2 goals away from Boston in the last couple minutes of the game. They lost 1-0 and for the first time in a while I truly agreed with a referee. I watched the last 5 minutes on the play clock but in real time maybe 25 minutes because of replays to check the calls.. I then Switched to NCAA Menís Hockey again just seemed to catch the last 5 minutes of the game, one of the Minnesota teams won. Maybe 80 minutes of TV total and then it went off. Even watching the last sport I love (hockey) I canít seem to sit still for watching it on TV.

After the exercise program this morning will be contemplating the layout. Negative scenery space seems to be a big thing promoted by the awesome Lance Mindheim. My layout can be the poster layout for it. Between the Papermill and grain terminal is all negative space. This is the part of building the layout I truly enjoy, the land forms and ground cover. Time to start.

Enjoy your days
TomO

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  1:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon folks

It is bright and blustery 46 heading toward 53. I had to fire up the heater this morning to take the chill off.

This is the third day since I got my second covid shot. I had a headache most of yesterday. Since the shot I have times where I feel flat out exhausted like this morning. I got up, feed the cats and Guinea pigs. I did a few mundane things and went back to bed for a couple more hours.

Yesterday was a rainy day so I did a few inside things but nothing earth shattering. I did not get any further work done on the layout.

I plan on spending a little time today tracking down those elusive #6 switches I need.

I am going to help my daughter with her taxes today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  1:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TomPM, which flavor of shot? I've heard that Moderna tends to produce more side effects (that wear off after a couple of days.) My physician neighbor said Pfizer is a bigger pain-in-the-posterior to work with, though.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  2:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard if your symptoms last more than 3 days, it's time to get your estate sale flyers out!

Oops! Internet erro............

Jim

Take the red pill

Edited by - BurleyJim on 03/29/2021 2:12:02 PM

Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000