Railroad Line Forums - PRR 'FM' 40 foot flat in HO
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 182 ]  [ Total: 185 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 PRR 'FM' 40 foot flat in HO
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Maine version of Atchafalaya Boathouse Topic Next Topic: Railroad Street Buildings
Page: of 5

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  5:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Chuck and Pete. I 'girded up my loins' and made the last brass part yesterday. This is the stirrup that supports the bottom of the brake staff, with some chain I snitched from a Tichy pillar crane kit. The copper wire came from a lamp cord:

Today I 'girded up my eyes' and installed it. Here a loop of copper wire is around the bottom of the brake staff:

And here the epoxy that will hold the stirrup to the frame and floor is curing, with a little dab to retain the brake staff.

I'll paint it and touch up the frame next. Then I'll somehow clean the frame without getting the wood deck wet. Then decals and weathering.

James

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  6:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good from here, James! This is an impressive build!

Bravo!

Pete
in Michigan

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  6:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Pete. It is an impressive build.

George

Fly Army

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  12:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James,
You can't be stopped! I don't know how you pull this stuff off with your loins all girded up, but you do.
Nice details!

Scott

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Maine version of Atchafalaya Boathouse Topic Next Topic: Railroad Street Buildings  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000