Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 167 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co
Page: of 40

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  06:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of s!@#, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
Lots of s%^& predicted for tonight all the way through Monday night.
Totals of over 12".

Jerry, I'm sure you had a great time with the kids and dinner.

Larry, my taxes are due this week too.

Tom, I've been looking at the panhandle area.
Lubbock in particular.

Mike, all that food sounds delicious.

Karl, happy birthday to the DIL.

Very light day on the RR yesterday.
First time ever I didn't cut a ticket on a Saturday.
Tomorrow should be fun on the RR with all the s*$@.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  09:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be careful out there today especially the drive home!

Weather here in South Jersey cloudy/24. Later on the start of a sn*w storm!
Big question did the Weather Weenies get this on right???

Or did all the people raid the stores for bread and milk??

Good day to work on the Mill.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  09:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. What effect does snow have on the railroad, e.g., signals or more passengers?

Lubbock? Would never have guessed. Oh wait, there are no passenger trains there and the weather is moderate. Boy, is it flat though.

Jerry, have fun on the mill today. What do you estimate is the percentage of completion?

Tom, I agree about Austin. We were just in the hill country and were surprised by how much traffic there was from Austin, etc.

Larry, I may want some of that heat back. Forecast is only for 59F today. Brrr.

We had 29 mph winds all day yesterday and that ruined working on the cabinet. The doors kept blowing shut while working on the inside.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  09:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
26 with a bit of snow in the "peak" forecast. Nowhere what the media forecast, imagine, the media getting it wrong.

The get together yesterday went well, all had a good time, and ate well, too well.

No big plans yet. Something will come along I'm sure.

Hope all are well and have a safe day, sounds like a formidable forecast out by Rick. brr..

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  10:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/Evening,

Rick careful driving in that stuff; the idiots on the road are not in short supply. Have a good day at work and thanks for the coffee.

Jerry hopefully you don't get too much snow; time to hunker-down. Enjoy your time working on the mill.

Mike sorry but no give-backs on the heat you sent; although it hasn't arrived yet.

Karl just think, now you won't have to eat as much today after last night. I'm sure something will come along for you to do today.

The rest of the Crew have a great day and if your in "snow country" be careful.

A whole 7 degrees this morning with a high of 25. Speaking of snow...we're getting light snow Sunday night into Monday, BUT Monday night into Tuesday we are forecasted to get a Northeaster with 6-12 inches+...can't wait (sarcasm intended). On a brighter note maybe some bench time latter.

Have a great day. Be careful out there, stay warm, be safe, and stay healthy.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  10:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the snow covered windy So. Central Wisconsin. The drift in the entrance to the front door covers the door handle. Truly a day to dig out.

Rick, anywhere you end up IMOO is to make sure there is a large public university situated there. It adds a sense of excitement to the area. Lubbock I read is
more seasonal then the Austin area. If I could convince Terry we could handle the heat, the Hill country is for me. I think Wimberley and Fredericksburg are #1
and 2. We both loved the areas and close enough to Austin for cultural and excitement things.

Terry is of course still in the 50th state as I continue to test the wrong way for Covid. Between the 3, wife, brother and sister they haven’t found the perfect property.
I can tell you though from great amounts of internet research and being there in November, it’s not cheap. As I had mentioned that after 10 days it got boring. I don’t
want to golf 5 days a week and unfortunately I am not a surfer. I am hoping that 2-3 week visits 3 or 4 times a year will be fine. My issue now is it worth the money
going to be spent but I have agreed to do this. If we ever get to travel again 3 total months in the 50th state, a month in Texas and the rest in Wisconsin will be ok.

Trains: I made 3 jigs for a brass tower for the grain complex yesterday. I have enough parts for 2 towers the height I want. I will test my soldering skills today but on scrap
parts.

Enjoy you day
TomO

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  11:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning men. Laying low the last couple of weeks with some minor health problems. Haven't missed a lick of work/life.. just the aggravation of tests and trips for covid swab, x-rays, cat scans and blood work. All negative. All started with a 101 fever. More tests Monday. They now suspect light pneumonia. I suspect they are crazy!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  7:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening everyone.

Just got home and checked the latest forecast.
NOAA is calling fo 10"-20"

Been s@#$ing since around noon and will continue till Monday night.

RR has already announced that all service is suspended but I still need to report at my usual time.

Craziness on my go home train.
A couple got on in Newark.
They were in the car in front of me but I could already hear shouting and cursing.
As I got to them I asked what the problem was.
The male answered they are in a relationship and having a fight.
I asked them to calm down but as I went towards the front and them towards the back I could still hear them arguing.
Wasn't long that I heard on the radio the rear brake (She's brand new) was having a problem them and wanted the conductor to call for 29 (Police).
I started to walk back to see if she needed any help and then saw the couple fighting.
We stopped at Newark Airport and waited for the police.
While on the platform the female accused the rear brake of taking her drugs and slapped her.
Fortunately the boyfriend restrained his mate from any more attacks.
The police finally showed up and the rear brake stayed with the police to look for the two and to give a statement.
I rear braked the rest of the way home.
It never stops on the RR.

Hope the rest of you had a great day.
See you in the AM.

BTW, I opened a stout when I got home.
There's more in the fridge and the Eagle Rare is out too.

Logs on the fire to warm things up too.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  8:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went drift busting in the truck this afternoon as the fair North wind was blowing some of the roads pretty well. Had no problems but had to hold a steady rein on the team in some of the snow. Some of the snow was 3-4 feet deep for short distances. Probably no more than 3 inches total fall without the wind blowing it into drifts.

Rick it sounds like a less than fun day for your newbie, maybe learn a less commanding authoritarian stance in the future, or totally the opposite...trouble with that intervention stuff, what worked like a charm the last times blows up in your face the next. The Doll has a question that always pops up when such tales are told..."how do people get like that?..." still has a problem believing people aren't perfectly behaved. I just shake my head at such imponderable statements...used to try to give a reasoned answer...

A short of Capt. Morgan in some Diet Coke for me please.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/31/2021 8:32:01 PM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  9:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will have what Karl is. Rick, what a world you work in. Terry is like Karl’s Doll. Everyone one is good and even then there is an up laying cause. She especially dislike liars and can’t understand how people can lie. She doesn’t get it that many people don’t care.

I tossed a few logs in the fireplace and made sure the beverages of your choice are available.

TomO

BreizhSteamer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  02:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit BreizhSteamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, everybody!

Hearth is going, Water's hot, Scones are going in the oven.
Who wants tea, who coffee?
Let's give this morning and month a warm welcome!

My small gardening layout got expanded yesterday, a spur is heading into the trees. Only a few meters, but hey - progress!

Have a very nice one,

Frédéric

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  04:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Frédéric, I'll have a coffee please.

Weather today: s@#$

Frédéric, congrats on the expansion.

Karl and Tom, drugs and mental health are two of the major problems we encounter at work.
Liars? We have no shortage of that either.
Had a guy on time tell us he was holding his ticket on the platform and a bird swooped down and took it.

Karl, I've learned that keeping your voice low and monotone helps a lot.

Shoveling will have to wait till I get home.
Hopefully with nothing running that will happen sooner than later.

Have a great day everyone.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  06:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm back home.
Drove to work, signed in, drove home.
Drive wasn't bad.
Only problem I had was not making it up the hill into my street.
Went down one block which is flat and came up the other way on my street which isn't so steep.

Bike ride, hopefully a nap and then a cigar.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  07:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Frédéric, I would like some black coffee and a scone, please. Congratulations on the extension.

Rick, hope you have a fun day. Does your railroad screen for instruments of death?

Larry, I feel guilty asking for the heat back. wonder why it hasn't arrived yet.

60F forecast and no rain. The wind has been terrible.

Not sure what the day holds in store. No telling.

Stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  07:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Frederic thanks for the coffee.

Short day Rick!

Weather in South Jersey what was suppose to be a major storm is a mix of rain & snow.
What a mess out there.
Would much rather had snow!!

Maybe a good day to figure how pulleys work in a Mill!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 40 Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000