Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 176 ]  [ Total: 182 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 45

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/28/2021 :  11:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sir Karl....I like it!! I was wondering if you got snow off the Lake or not. We get our's from Ontario and when the wind is just right we have got snow off Erie, which is way west of us, and Ontario at the same time which we call a "blizzard". Glad that you had your motor vehicle stuff taken care of; that process must be a real pain. So do you do hair by appointment only or are walk-ins welcome.

Mike naps good...sleepy bad!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/28/2021 :  11:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Appointment only, more difficult to get than at MISOS.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/28/2021 :  12:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Karl glad I'm not the only hairdresser here.

Mr. Gerard's is by appointment only. And thank God I only have one customer!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2021 :  07:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Scattered flurries before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.

Karl and Jerry, you guys should get trophies.

Larry, I'll be at Wegmans today to buy something for dinner.

Mike, naps are great.

I'll finish my meal prep first then do my bike ride.
Need to go buy dog food and dinner for me in the PM.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/29/2021 :  08:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun and cold this morning. 7 degrees at 0400 when I made a wee hours....

Stayed close to home yesterday but we've some errands sometime this morning. The hair job went well.

Everyone have a good day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2021 :  09:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in south Jersey sunny/21. But really counts the RF/-3!
Dam near blew my dog over out there this am.

The pulleys are blacken and ready to buff and paint. The directions for putting these in the Mill is like flying by the seat of your pants.

In other words the way yu put the machines is the way you do the pulleys & belts.
Hang on to your hats this will take time to figure out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2021 :  09:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. The wind chill is at 6f degrees. The white stuff is confusing as one site says it starts tonight and another says tomorrow, heavy and wet they both agree with.

I am working on the layout. The grain complex is progressing as yesterday I test fit the dry wall over the foam base. Today I will paint the dry wall on both sides and hopefully this afternoon glue it down. I have many structures to paint. They have been primed but I need the final coat added. I have the grain complex and the biomass family built and primed. I would like to start this afternoon.

I am off to the pool then stair climbing. An exciting morning in store for me.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/29/2021 :  10:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/Evening,

Rick the coffee hit the spot this morning, thanks. With a little finesse the dog food could be dinner for both of you; especially if times get tough.

Karl keep warm while running your errands. It was so cold here this morning that you could see the cold in the air..brrr.

Jerry who doesn't like a challenge; I'm sure you'll get the machines, pulleys, and belts figured out before long. Poor dog, I bet he/she hates this weather.

Tom keep those exercises going; I'm sure they are helping a lot. Sounds like the layout is moving right along at a nice pace.

How's the rest of the Crew doing this fine day.

The Arctic has moved into New York with a low of 3 this morning and a high of 14 today. Took the trash this morning and boy was it cold!! Staying inside the rest of the day with some bench time on tap.

Enjoy your day. Be safe, stay healthy and stay warm.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2021 :  11:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I hope you have a fun and peaceful day.

Karl, that is just too cold. Brrr...

Jerry, I'm pullying for you...

Tom, sounds like you'll be ready for spring harvest.

Larry, that 3F is just to cold. I am emailing you some of the 65F from Tejas to get you to 10F.

Working on garden cabinet hooks for tools this afternoon, plus assemble a small hot house for the fruit trees. Maybe, just maybe I can get some shop time. Still trying to figure our the best configuration for hand tool woodworking and a train room. Baby steps are in order.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2021 :  06:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 30.

Sounds like everyone but Mike is in a deep freeze.
Mike keeps making Texas sound better and better to me.

Two day weekends just aren't enough.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/30/2021 :  09:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Temp in low teens and yesterday's sun is deeply hidden.

It's all about a birthday today, one of the Doll's girls was 42 yesterday so mirth and giggles here later. Went to Joann Fabric with the Doll yesterday and picked up a bulb for my Ott-Lite and found that they had all Ott-Lite stuff 40% off. We picked one up for the birthday girl. I have 3 so not in need right now. I've never paid list price for any of the three. One garage sale, one at a Goodwill, nice floor stand with magnifier and 33 LED ring light. The other had to have been at a yard or garage sale, too, but I don't recall. Nice color balance light, a bit $$ if full price.

Everyone have a fine day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2021 :  10:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning/afternoon folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I agree about weekend length; however, at some point every day becomes Saturday. I believe Elton John sang it and even mentioned a train.

The forecast is for a nice 74F today, hazy, no rain.

Continuing the assembly of a portable hothouse. We purchased it to protect the fruit trees and grow herbs in winter, but the weather hasn't been freezing much. Only takes once though.

Ribs were yummy last night. Can't decide what to cook for today, chicken enchiladas or steak fingers. Decisions

Have a good weekend all,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2021 :  10:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. Heavy white stuff to start around 3 and ending Sunday around 6. They are throwing out some pretty deep numbers, we shall see.

Thanks Rick for moving the day along. I find the 7 day weekends work out very nicely. Depends on where in Texas, the son loves the Austin area but the weather, the heat and humidity, can get overwhelming. The Hill Country to me might be a great place.

Karl, good choice on the Ott lights. I have 5, 3 in the office and 2 at the workbench. All purchased at Joanns also with the 40% off coupon.

The swimming and stair climbing are done for the day. Thinking about just walking about as it will hit 30+ today before the event begins. Just out to enjoy some fresh air.

TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/30/2021 :  10:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Gents,

Rick I remember what 2 days off a week was like; by the time you got everything done that needed doing, it was time to go back to work again. But like Mike said at some point everyday will be Saturday for you....and that's not a bad thing. Also thanks for the coffee.

Karl sounds like you have quite the day planned. Enjoy "the mirth and giggles". That's what I need to do is get more/better lighting at the bench.

Mike thanks for sending the heat, should arrive about next Thursday; feel free to send all you want. Tough choice for dinner; although I didn't know that steak had fingers...who knew.

Tom I'm with you; 7 day weekends are great!! "A walk about", sounds little Australian to me. Enjoy.

The rest of the Crew have a great day.

Not as cold this morning at 10 degrees; still only a high of 19 expected. Ran a couple of errands this morning and noticed a line at the Bank with people waiting to pay their land taxes; tomorrows the deadline without a penalty added. Not much else going on.

Have a great day and stay warm. Be safe and stay healthy.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2021 :  1:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks for opening.

I put some logs on the fire and got another pot of coffee going.
If you want something stronger the bar is filled and opened!

Kids and grandkids arriving in about an hour. Then later out to dinner.

Work is not continuing on the Mill today due to company tomorrow we will pick up the pace... I hope!

Everyone have a great day!!

Oh I'll be back for a nightcap later on.

Jerry

Page: of 45 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000