Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 196 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co
Page: of 40

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2021 :  06:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Increasing clouds, with a high near 35.

Yannis, I never thought of Greece as being a place that gets s!@#.

Larry, hope you got some bench time in.

Tom, congrats to the hockey team.

Karl, any plans today?

Jerry, you should of made a lot of progress on the mill yesterday.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2021 :  08:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you day on the rails is smooth.

Yannis, glad the shops are opening and the weather is warmer.

Jerry, hope the mill work happened.

Karl, sounds like the best plan is to stay warm! Brrr.

Larry, that is cold. I guess powered snow blowers there are as essential as lawn mowers here. Brrr.

Tom, the Lady Badgers are so hot they'll melt the ice. Congrats to them.

HIgh forecast for 65F today. Rain.

Yesterday was not so good. I fell out of the bed (first time ever), banged my neck on the nightstand, elbow and already bad hip on the floor. I can barely bend over today. Heating pad and chair forecast for today.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2021 :  08:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a newly fresh white coating in Wisconsin. No idea until I get out
there but maybe 2Ē at the most. I just checked the weather radar and itís possible we
get some more. The SIL did text that they will clean the driveway by 10 this morning.

While I am still playing with colors for the concrete silos I am going to work on placement
today. I was originally going with gravel driveways for the grain complex but decided concrete
is what I will do. Unless I change my mind in the next few hours.

Yesterdayís game was Badgerís 4-2. My wife loves the womenís hockey and really got into it when our daughter and son played.

Football will be on today for sure, well the Packers anyway. I am hoping for GB/KC for that
trademarked big game. If not my day wonít be ruined but the spousal unit, thatís another issue.

Edited by - tloc on 01/24/2021 08:57:30 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2021 :  09:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/23. Later 35.
It's just like winter out there with the wind blowing.

I did work on the MIll yesterday. Placed all the stairs to see that fit. And stained wood for the two (2) trusses, there not part of the building I added them.
I need to do some cross pieces for the roof then I can starting putting the machines in place!

I hope you all get to do what you want today!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/24/2021 :  11:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/Evening,

Yannis that's great news about the Shops reopening; gives those folks a chance to make a living again. Snow in Greece...who knew.

Rick thanks for the java. Have a good but an uneventful day on the rails. I did manage to get in some bench time yesterday.

Mike sorry to hear about your mishap!! As far as I'm concerned a heating pad is an essential item. Hope it helps. Yes a snow blower is as important as a lawn mower around here; besides I'm getting too old to be shoveling.

Tom sounds like snow is a common issue this time of year. Enjoy your time in the train room; I'm sure you'll come up with the right driveway decision for your layout. Hope GB does well for you and your wife's sake. My daughter is really into hockey since her partner plays the game.

Jerry I'll swap temperatures with you; yours sounds much better. Sounds like your coming along nicely on the Mill..keep at it.

A frigid 3 degrees this morning; the furnace is getting a workout today; maybe 23 latter. Still not as bad as yesterday with the wind blowing the snow back in my face while snow blowing. Had to stop halfway into the job to come in and warm-up. As cold as it was yesterday I decided to make a nice pot of cheddar & broccoli soup for dinner last night, and it was yummy. Not sure what the day will bring.

Have a great day. Stay warm, be safe, and stay healthy.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/24/2021 :  11:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Off and on snow this morning on the middle of the mitten. Temp in mid 20s. Today is to be a light dusting with more quantity tomorrow, but that is different than what they said yesterday, so...the best forecast is by the use of DVO, direct visual observation...look out the window..itís 100% accurate.

Fatso the ďcuteĒ squirrel is enjoying the Dollís sunflower seed dispenser. Heís fat enough to make a fine pot of stew, weíre I allowed to...he parked too close to the glass container on the feeder to give it a shot.

(Yesterday)-editThe sun was out and it was spectacular to be out, with an afternoon Roadtrip taking me to the secondhand train store as well as the NLHS in the Grand Rapids area. Lots of cabin fever symptoms being treated, the junque stores the Dollís went to as well as my stops were having good business days. We got home before dark, the days are noticeably longer which is nice, daylight until past 6. I picked up and put back lots of stuff and ended up with some turnouts. I donít need any more stuff and realize that. Nice to get out, tho.

Slim chance of wasting any tv time on football. Hoops in limbo these days. Racing, such that it is, wonít be far off, but...not much of a draw either, used to be a big part of life.

Time to move along, see if there are any leftovers at the other morning stop...everyone have a fine day.

And Mike, the snowblowers are in addition to the mowers...

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/24/2021 11:42:52 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2021 :  11:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys might be interested in this virtual coming soon to a screen near you!!!

http://amherstrail.org/news-virtual-rhs/

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2021 :  04:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2021 :  08:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Sounds like the group is surviving well.

Forecast for today is 70F with no rain.

Mom and I are getting COVID vaccines at 2 pm. Sharon is on a trip and will get hers on Wednesday. That is a big relief for us old people. Maybe our lives can return to normal.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Yannis
Section Hand

Posted - 01/25/2021 :  09:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone and Rick thank you for the coffee!

Indeed it was a great change to see shops open and a good opportunity to get some needed items. I hope it stays like this and cases do not ramp up. Thank you all for your positive thoughts :).

Greece has all four seasons, well represented i would say with lots of snow in more hill/mountainous/northern areas. Athens though does not get snow often. A few years ago we had a cold spell of -15C for a few days up in the north, that caused trouble to lots of piping/heating infrastructure. So temps could go from +45C during a heatwave in summer down to -10/-15C during winter.

Today is rather sunny with a forecast for storms... go figure. We had a difference of almost 15C degrees from one weekend to the other.

Everyone stay safe and have a great day.
Yannis

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2021 :  09:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
You be careful out among the "English".

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/29. Later 39.

Dr. appointment to go over my cardio tests that I had done. I hope he didn't find anything.
Because I feel fine!!

Work continues on the mill.

I think everyone is doing alright I haven't heard any complaints lately.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/25/2021 :  10:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Overcast 26 and grey in MI this morning with snow forecast in the 2-4 inch range starting overnight tonight.

A UPS delivery is scheduled as is a USPS and a mystery FedEx delivery. Daily FedEx texts on phone for 3 days now, still no idea what, thought first was a scam txt.

Made a liar of myself and watched the first football game. Nice to see a couple of good teams play for a change. As a new Yooper I was disappointed in Green Bay's loss but accept fault as a relocated Detroit market "fan" brought some of their tarnish along. Sorry TomO.

Cleaned in my computer/hobby room yesterday, discovered this morning I'd seemingly tossed my finger poking device as I worked across the desk. Not able to retrieve as last night was trashcan to the road time. LOTS more to clean before new projects arrive.

Everyone have a fine day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/25/2021 :  10:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Day/Night,

Rick thanks for the coffee and have a good day at work.

Mike hope all goes well with the "C shot" and no side effects.

Yannis I certainly hope that you folks stay open; makes life better for everyone. Have fun with your new purchases.

Jerry hope your test results come back good; If you feel fine that's a very good thing.

Karl it's hard to resist when FB calls you! From time to time it's good to clean out the ole' hobby room; I did mine a few weeks ago...what a mess. Much nicer working in an organized area.

The rest of the Crew have a great day.

A whole 5 degrees this morning with a high of 30. Have to knock down the ice off the back roof latter before they get too large. Gotta love winter...not!!! Not much else going on.

Have a great day. Stay warm, be safe, and stay healthy.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2021 :  04:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

S%^& and sleet likely before 10am, then rain or freezing rain likely between 10am and noon, then rain likely after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 37.
Only 1/2" expected.

Larry, I agree with you on your view of winter.

Karl, I wonder what all those mystery deliveries are?

Jerry, glad you feel well and Dr. gave a clean bill of health.

Yannis, hope the shops stay open and thanks for the weather explanation.

Mike, congrats on the vaccine.
I'm not going to get it.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2021 :  08:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey who knows they are saying snow, ice & rain. Most like we will get all three at the same time.

Doc report was great! Guess I'll be around to finish the Mill!

Dog to the groomer in a few minutes.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Page: of 40 Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000