Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 180 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 45

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  09:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoy your vacation day and visit to see your Mom.

Had fun at the lodge yesterday. We assembled 560 dental kits for the kids.

Forecast today os 80F and sunny. Work outdoors in inevitable.

Date night to night at the Fly by Night Cattle Company. Should be a treat. It is so nice to get out after a year.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upper 30s going to 50 is the weather in the mitten, damp and chilly feeling with rain much of the night and overcast sky. Blah..

Rick, Mike, there was quite an ammo shortage about 10 years ago that eased for a few years but with over 6 million new gun owners in the last year and the new staunchly anti rights folks in place and the total craziness of trying to keep business and supply logistics going and comply with pandemic regs changing like the weather the supply has been seriously curtailed since around November...I was able to buy ammo last summer but have been rarely able to this year. The same supply chain forces are in place for many commodities. I just had an email offering a temporary security job in Lansing where there are several thousand partially completed GM vehicles in parking areas around the city. These cars are awaiting parts electronics and such. Not to be political, but...it seems the run on guns and ammo have coincided with the political groups in place. With everything we read and hear seems all woke politically correct bs, the struggles of many businesses to maintain their operations with all the testing, deep cleaning, suddenly shutting down for a week to quarantine a worker with a fever and such arenít being reported, plus, with good old Uncle Joeís hush money and elevated unemployment paying better than working, itís a struggle to do anything.

Cooked up a fine batch of spare ribs yesterday that were a treat. Paying for it today with my sugar a bit up, relegating me to oat goo, bark and needles today. The lawn hasnít greened up enough for grass salad.

Everyone have a fine day, safe and healthy.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  10:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello from Wisconsin where we will hit low 50ís today.

Car, VW Jetta R series. I was tired of driving Terryís hot rod or grabbing a pick up from the stables. I havenít
had a car in years, been doing SUVís. It is a real car not purchased at the LHS.

Karl, I purchased my firearm in summer of 2020 as the crazies on the right and the nuts on the left terrify me.

While Terry always said no guns in the house after the crazy last many years she okíd it. My wife has fired it but
prefers to ignore it. Both the SIL and the daughter now have them. Oh, yeah I donít qualify for the hush money
giveaways that started before the current regime.

I never cared what anyoneís politics are and still donít. I just wanted everyone to vote. The issue now IMHO is that
itís all in your face and thatís scary. Even before Covidthe demonstrators seemed to have shifted in the Wisconsin
capital to letting you know what they were saying to physically confronting us, even at the Farmers Market. I
will protect my family.

Rant over, sorry.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  11:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Enjoy your visit with Mom. Nice you get to spend some time with friends. I did get some boiler work done; just need to fit the last steam pipe then paint and weather it all.

Jerry hope you get to do some Mill work today.

Mike I think it's really nice making the dental kits for the kids; we need more of that stuff nowadays. Enjoy date night.

Karl I know what you mean about the current state; I could write pages on all the BS...but I won't. The ribs do sound really tasty. As far as the bark diet at least if you still have your appendix you will be able to digest it.

Tom congrats on the new car; enjoy. Most of us are to that point of protecting family first; hopefully it don't come to that point.

A balmy 70 this morning with a high of 72; nice. Bought a few groceries this morning for dinner next Saturday when the kids come over. Hopefully I'll have some photos of JD's before too long. Today is Easter Decorating day; gotta keep the Easter Bunny happy.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  05:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 70.

Jerry, in a modeling mood yesterday?

Larry, decorating all done?

Tom, wasn't sure with the way you posted if you bought a 1:1 car or a model.
Congrats on the VW and hope you have many happy and trouble free miles with it.

Karl, I bet those ribs were delicious.

Mike, hope date night went well.

I've got a shot gun for home security.
Thinking about getting a pistol but will hold off till after retirement.
And I agree with all of you on the current political and social climate.
I think the biggest problem is the media.

Today is Mom's birthday.
She's 85 and my brother and his family will join me at her house for lunch.
It's also my railroad birthday.
8 years.

Bike ride first thing.
Then some clean up and then lunch at Mom's.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  08:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from wet So. Central Wisconsin. The rain started early this morning and is an all day event.
Not much accumulation but needed and much nicer than the white stuff.

2 weeks ago Florida told people they were open. What did they expect?

Rick, I was heading to the LHS and decided I needed something else, so I got the car

I have make up exercise to do today then I will look at my projects on the workbench.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 03/27/2021 08:39:58 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  09:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Happy Birthday to your Mom!!

And congratulations on 8 years of playing with the big trains!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/48. Later on 70.
Another Spring day.

Tom good luck with the new car.

Karl how were the ribs?

Mike how was date night?

I did get to the bench yesterday and got the frame re built for the roof.
Also did a little work on my SN3 project!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 03/27/2021 09:09:38 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  09:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun but chill this morning, temp in low 30s. Going to 50? Weíll see.

The ribs were great, almost fell off the bones.

No big news here. Not sure on any plans, yet, seems the cobwebs in my head are thicker than usual.

Everyone have a fine day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/27/2021 09:28:46 AM

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  09:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Your Mom's 85; that's awesome. Congrats on your anniversary. When you play with the "big trains" you don't mess around. Decorations are almost done, will finish up today.

Tom get those exercises done, then have fun with the trains.

Jerry it's always nice when you can squeeze in some some bench time; enjoy.

Karl your lucky if all you have are cobwebs upstairs; mine's usually more of a fog.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

It's a cloudy 37 this morning here in New York with a high of 56. Not much here, will finish up the decorations and maybe some bench time later.

Have a great day. Be safe and stay well.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  3:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Time with family and Mom is precious. Happy Birthday to Mom Ric. Enjoy.

Rick, happy employment anniversary. It's good to have a job these days, if you want one.

Tom, hope you made it to the bench.

Jerry, yesterday was productive. How was the beach?

Karl, that meal sounds out of sight delish!

80F today, but cloudy.

Date night was good. Sharon had filet and lobster; I had ribeye and asparagus. It was so much fun to get out in public again.

Busy day cutting wild trees next to shop. Cut down three and I am bushed. Tomorrow I'll cut them up a bit and haul them to the river. When the grass greens up, I'll burn them.

Hamburgers on the grill tonight plus a coule of Corona Familiars.

Have fun and enjoy life,
mike
Larry, the weather sounds great there. Hope you enjoyed it.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  11:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening everyone

No beach the last couple of days Mike to dam windy!

Thought I'd check the fire for the morning guy!

Going to have a Crown Royal tonight. If it was earlier I'd make a nice Manhattan with it perfect straight up with a twist!

I was just looking at Rick's 2x3 cork challenge someone noticed he has a pink rock on it.

Hell I thought I had to much to drink at first!!

Going to work on my roof for an hour or so.

See you all in the am!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2021 :  06:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog between noon and 1pm. High near 72.

Jerry, you passed the eye test.
It's gone now.

Mike, burgers on the grill are one of my favorites.

Larry, you're latest update on the machine shop is excellent.

Karl, hope you had a good day.

Tom, hope you got some bench time in.

Nice lunch with Mom and family yesterday.
Bike ride this AM.
Busy rest of day making a brisket and have friends over to help eat it.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2021 :  08:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. Our all day rain event was a joke. Yes, everything is wet but it was a mist when it came down, on and off till after 6pm. I have not yet looked at the weather app. My weather deck is dry but the trees are bending severely.

Thanks Rickfor getting us going this morning. Enjoy the friends and the brisket. While I am not a fan of brisket my son, the SIL do brisket and enjoys it very much. The son before the Pandemic had lots of places in Austin he would pick up and bring it home when we were there.

I did get to the bench yesterday. Lots of little things getting done.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2021 :  09:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the cup-o-joe. Thanks, glad you like the addition; it's getting there. I couldn't resist the whole pink rock thing. Enjoy the time with friends.

Tom sounds like the weather made for one of those "blah" days but glad you got lots of little stuff done on the railroad.

To the rest of the Crew have a good one.

It's a cloudy 55 out this morning here in New York with a high of 61 and windy. Hope not too windy the other day it knocked out our power for awhile; hate loosing power! Not sure what's on the agenda for today.

Have a great day. Be safe and stay healthy.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2021 :  11:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Nice to hear about the good time with family. Brisket, mmmmm.

80F today and hazy out.

Plans are to work outside again today and finish the tree removal.

Wishing everyone a uneventful day,
mike

Page: of 45 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000