Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 148 ]  [ Total: 149 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 44

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  05:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 41.

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday.

Bike ride first then some chores.
A visit with Mom and dinner with my brother tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  08:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/34. With the wind gusts 19.
Oh hell where is Spring!!

No work from the bench. Maybe some later today.

I hope everyone gets to do what they want today??

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  09:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Sounds like everyone is having high winds. We had west Texas dirt in the air a few days ago. Looked like brown fog out.

Went to the train club last evening and designed the Frisco's Fort Worth west yard. Came home and jammed to Stevie Ray Vaughn for a few hours. Fun!

Forecast is for 65F today and clear. I'll probably work outside some.

Tonight Sharon and I will have date night. It will be the first time just the two of us get out for supper in over a year. Ketzlerís Schnitzel Haus is the plan so far.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  09:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick, Jerry, Mike and the incoming Crew. The loud birds this morning woke me this morning but the was fine. No smell of coffee or TV talking crap. 28 now heading to a sunny high in the 50ís.

The kid and his g/f I dropped off at the airport. They are heading to an auction and will be back Sunday afternoon. The house is very quiet again.

Not sure what today will bring. I plan only to paint the PPE vests on the LP I painted yesterday. After that, unknown.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  11:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Gents,

Rick thanks for the java. Have a nice visit with Mom and enjoy your dinner tonight.

Jerry we've been getting some cold winds the last couple of days also. Springs a coming; March 20th, hopefully.

Mike sounds like your having fun at the train club. You old romantic; a date night with your better halve...good for you.

Tom enjoy the peace and quiet; it's nice once in awhile. Have fun painting.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

A windy 21 this morning with a high of 39. Not much going on here, maybe some bench time later as the rest of my parts showed up yesterday; only 2 days from order to door. Not too shabby.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  11:47:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright get sky and a knockout sunrise and 23 as we headed out and packed the car. Hard frost on the windscreen. A couple of hours later S of The bridge still VFR and 37. Stopped in Mac City for fudge for our troll family and friends. Gas $3.19 at the tourist trap Citgo at the Mac City exit, dime less in town. But we got our hush money Wed.

Stevie Ray Vaughan is one of my ďlittleĒ brotherís heroís, along with the Allman Bros. Gimme Johnny $$ or Willie. Or quiet. Stack talk of a hard working 2-8-4 or larger working hard to get the train moving before the grade out of town....

We had a good week in da Yoop, had a pair of coyotes blasting across the road just a half mile S of our drive this morning to pickup a cooler of fish to take home, blue gills, perch and walleye. Had fresh trout from our beach for dinner last night.

S party hoops did a face plant in OT and is DONE. Screwed up year, no true leader, inconsistent from minute to minute.

Well everyone have a fine day, Iíve some backseat driving to do.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/19/2021 11:50:03 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2021 :  06:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sunny, with a high near 58.

Karl, sounds like you'll have some good seafood eats this week.

Larry, two days is very fast.

Tom, other than the birds sounds like you're enjoying the quiet.

Mike, how was date night?

Jerry, did you do what you wanted?

Another weekend has come and gone.
But it's a short work week.
Only two days and then I start a weeks vacation on Monday.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2021 :  07:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Monday, Monday...

Date night food was delicious, but Sharon tripped and fell flat on the sidewalk. The fall skinned her shins, hands, busted her nose, etc. The restaurant gave her ice for her nose and we mostly enjoyed the rest of the meal.

The forecast is for 71F, so I'll probably work outside some. I may head to the Texas Western in the late afternoon.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2021 :  08:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

No Rick I did not get to do a dam thing. Maybe today will be the day to work on the Mill.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/24. Later on 55!

Mike I hope Sharon is feeling better this morning!

I hope you all get to do what you want today??

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/20/2021 :  08:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun, again, and 23 degrees here in Southern Command. The trip home went well, traffic was light and the orange barrels were beginning to pop up like crocus blossums. SPRING Has SPRUNG

Larryc, watched Syracuselast night, they're good. Lots of coaches have kids on their teams, but theirs is the star.

Going to give the chill a try today, it's been a fun week. We ordered a Dominoe's Pizza by smart phone from 25 miles out and their app shows as it progresses thru the various stages to being ready just before we drove up. It was excellent. I worked 4 days for Dominoes right after college, before I got a real job. Got a ticket on third day and quit the 4th. Looking for LE jobs, racking up traffic points was not wise. Went back to Flint and ran with the EMS outfit until I finally got in the thin blue line.

Everyone have a fine day. Mike, sorry to hear of Sharon's mishap, probably she'll be sore today. My gal would have cried and made me take her home.

Be WELL, Safe and upright! Upper 50s today and 60s the the next 3-4, love it.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2021 :  09:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a bright cloudless So. Central Wisconsin. 24 now heading to 58f degrees.

Rick and Jerry, itís ok to relax. Mike, Sharon as Karl wrote will be feeling it this morning. You will have to be extra nice today. Karl, my Terry tripped in Minneapolis last year on a sidewalk. Donít touch, donít offer sympathy, just stay away. It is amazing to me how different our spouses are and their reactions. When I fell the year before also in Minneapolis she acted like my mom towards me.

After my swim I need to figure out how to clear the bird nest started in my paint booth exhaust vent cover. Used the booth yesterday and the stink was terrible. I donít have a high enough ladder and the pressure washer doesnít seem to be in the spot allocated for it. Thatís it for the day, enjoy yours.

TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/20/2021 :  10:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Spring,

Rick thanks for the coffee and have a great day at work; short work week....gotta love it!

Mike glad you enjoyed your dinner but sorry to hear about Sharon's stumble. Hope her nose heals ok.

Jerry hope you get to work on the Mill today.

Karl that's the downside of having nice weather....road work. Syracuse played well but they have the rep of being hot and cold especially during tournament time.

Tom hope you get the bird's nest sorted out. A vent's no good if it doesn't work.

A chilly 19 this morning with a high of 54 here in New York; although it's going to be in the 60's the rest of the week. Hello Spring? Not much here today maybe some bench time later on.

Enjoy your day; be safe and stay healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2021 :  04:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sunny, with a high near 63.

Larry, this whole week will be very spring like here.

Tom, did you get the bird nest problem resolved?

Karl, look me up if you ever come to Joisey and we'll do a pizza tour.

Jerry, with the nice weather we're having I know you'll be mostly outside today.

Mike, so sorry to read about Sharon's fall.
She's a real trooper to stay and have dinner.
Hope she's feeling fine today.

My day yesterday wasn't so good.
Thought I was having another bout of colitis.
But after a way too long visit to the ER, everything checked out OK.
Decided to start my vacation early and took today off.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2021 :  08:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a very happy Madison, Wisconsin and it suburbs. The defending champions of 2019 UW Badger Womenís hockey
team defended their title and won their 6th championship on the ice in Erie, Pa last night. Covid stopped last years team which was an
even better group of players but oh was it tense watching last night. 2-1 in over time against #1 ranked Northeastern. It was a well played
game on both sides. It feels so good to root for a winner that wins it all.

Rick, sounds like a lousy day yesterday. A hint, a quick way into the ER is call for an ambulance. How long is the vacation? Feel better.

The bird nest is still blocking and I have no ladder tall enough and I couldnít find the pressure washer then I figure the daughterís house has.
The SIL is back so I can have him get up there today or tomorrow.

Mike, howís Sharon feeling?

Jerry, beach walking time?

Not sure what will happen at the bench today but the steaks and potatoes are out for the grill for when the son and his g/f return from Ohio
today, have to eat!

I turned the grill on, we have waffles, real and fake maple syrups from trees and chemical factories, Crispy or not hash browns to order and
some fresh fruit. Coffee and sodas Rick handled.

Enjoy your day.
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2021 :  08:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Hope your feeling better.
Have fun on the vacation. I know a lot of it will be spent working on the 2x3 challenge!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/ 28! Later on 60!

Tom not sure about the beach company coming and its been so windy down there!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Page: of 44 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000