Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 186 ]  [ Total: 192 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 44

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  09:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where the white stuff fell yesterday much later then the predictions stated but we still got the 4” of heavy wet.

The son is still here and will stay until he has a decent weather window. He has been riding the horses since he got here Friday night, I have joined him twice. He has
been tinkering with the sound on the locomotives. He is trying for more bass but it’s not working out. He is now looking at under the layout solutions as bass sounds are
non-directional.

No idea what we will do today.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  10:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee and have a safe day on the rails. Yes I found out from the tax person that the stimulus money is nontaxable; which I was surprised to hear.

Karl I just figured that since the Gov't likes to get their grubby little hands in my wallet that the checks would be no different. I like to think of the stimulus checks as hush money....shut up and obey. As far as gas prices...who knows.

Mike J.D.s is moving right along. My wife likes to watch old movies now and again. Don't work too hard at the Lodge.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

A cool 18 this morning here in New York with a high of 45. Taxes are done for 2020...yipee. Not a whole lot going on today except ordering a few parts for J.D.s.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  1:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks for opening. I'll put on a fresh pot of coffee.
Throw a couple of logs on the fire to take the chill off!

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/34.

Mike have a fun day at the lodge.

Work continues on the Mill just put in the rafters on one of the back roofs.
Will see how far we get today with the other ones!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  04:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Patchy drizzle and fog before 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 48.

Mike, sounds like a nice full day.

Karl, Happy Birthday to your grand baby.

Jerry, keep going on the mill.
Once the weather turns warmer it's beach time and no bench time.

Larry, congrats on the taxes.

Tom, sounds like a sub-woofer is in your future.

TGIF

Grocery shopping after work.
Then come home and start the weekend right with a cigar and stout.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  06:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Happy Weekend!

Tom, I heard an under the layout subwoofer driven sound system once. It made you turn your head and look for the train, especially steam engines.

Larry, congrats on finishing taxes. Ordering detail parts is a lot of fun, albeit expensive.

Jerry, did someone say "beach" or was that Karl surfing the big lake?

A thunderstorm is just passing through, quickly. Forecast for the day is 65F.

I am headed to the Texas Western to work on scenery with the scenery team and to do their taxes for the year.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  08:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Think I'll have a shot of Irish Whiskey in mine for the St. Patty's Day!!

Weather in South Jersey soggy right now/39.
Later cloudy/49.

One of the grandkids is coming down for a couple of days.

Working on the rafters for the roof.

Mike have a great day at the club.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  09:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning and if you celebrate this day be careful out there in the wild.

We have flakes falling on and off supposedly till noon, less then a 1/2” accumulation.

No trains yesterday but the kid went to Best Buy for a sub woofer but came home yesterday empty. He was on Tiger Direct when I went to bed at midnight.
He was thinking of trying my subwoofer from my IPod system just to demonstrate for me.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  09:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy St. Patties Day,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Have a great day at work and enjoy the relaxing time. Happy TGIF.

Mike the detail parts weren't too pricey; just ordered enough to get fee shipping. Have fun doing the scenery stuff.

Jerry how's the Irish Coffee. Enjoy the grandchild's visit. Have fun working on the rafters.

Tom sounds like your going to have a "high tech" layout when you're done. It will just add to the realism.

It's a warmer 34 this morning in New York with a high of 54; even though it's cloudy. Never made it to the bench yesterday; maybe today. A few errands this morning and that's about it for the day.

Have a great day everyone. Be Safe and stay healthy.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  10:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Second try....

Yes I was out on the beach this morning before sun up. 31 degree and calm. We were out with our Indian friend as he brought in his fishing nets. He brought in a fine cooler full of trout and a northern pike. The sun was nice as it rose over the near mirror like lake. Filet O’fish later. Our beach is quite nice this year, 30-40’ wider this year. Lake levels are down and things are in daily flux.

Trek to Escanaba went fine. We ate inside for the first time in months, beef chimichanga, rice and refried beans with guacamole salad. We do have the new 4Runner here and the Doll had hit enough thrift stores to about fill it. :-(. We saw ice in places with fishing going on. The bay there is still frozen. There is no ice here at all.

Good morning all for now. Enjoy, we’re secure in the woods and ice. Be well.

Btw got our free handouts from the sheepherds (sic) in DC today...

Happy St Patty’s Day

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/17/2021 10:22:35 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  05:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain, mainly after 9am. Patchy fog. High near 51.

Karl, sounds like you had a very nice day.

Larry, did you see the bench?

Tom, let us know how the sub-woofer demo went.

Jerry, it's a rainy indoors day for us today.

Mike, did you make good scenery progress at the club?

The usual bike ride and meal prep this morning.
Nothing planned after that.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  08:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoy your day off.

I had a lot of fun at the train club. I laughed until my sides hurt at some of the tales of the club member shenanigans. We painted pink foam brown as a base color for adding dirt later. I think we have just about finished the upper level of the existing layout. The CFO came in, and I did the club's IRS 990 and Texas franchise tax for 2020. I've done that for years, and it doesn't take too long.

I plan to head to head to the club tonight to design the Frisco yard. Work continues on hobby room.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  08:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/43. Rain is on the way for the day.

We are taking the grandson for his virus shot about 40 minutes from here.
He had to come North Jersey to get a shot.
It's okay the NJ gov has everything under control.

Two back roofs have the rafters on. Making one of the front removable roofs later today maybe.
Will see how that works out never made one before.

Jerry

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  09:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun and breezy on the Lake Michigan shore this morning. Our Southern Command compound is girding for high winds connected with the massive storm working through the Southern US. The real heavy stuff is well South of that. Praying those farther South.

We stuck close to home yesterday with our live off the land naturalist feeding us fresh venison and bobcat nuggets. There was a light snow briefly but nothing stuck. It’s still quite icy in the rough spots in the road in to us. Snow is still 6-8 inches on flat ground here but dissipating slowly.

Not sure of today’s adventures but will be a bit subdued as my sinuses are quite disturbed today.

Everyone have a fine day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/18/2021 09:39:28 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  09:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from very windy called blustery by the TV the son was watching this morning. As soon as he took off I turned that damn box off. The TV guy was also playing MOM this morning telling drivers to put both hands on the steering wheel. Like anyone needed his advice.

The son took off to pick up the g/f. He setup the bass experiment under the layout yesterday and I’m not sure, he needs to tinker sometime in the next few days.

I have 2 loaves of bread in the ovens this morning, raisin cinnamon for the kid and my favorite pumpernickel in the other oven. They have different baking times so that is why in 2 ovens.

After my exercise this morning I am not sure what today will bring. I organized my bench and storage space yesterday and I maybe doing some painting in the paint booth or not.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  11:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the joe and enjoy your day off. Yes I managed to make it to the bench for awhile yesterday.

Mike sounds like you had a busy day; it's healthy to get out and socialize. Keep the train room going.

Jerry stay dry in all that rain. Have fun doing the roofs on the Mill.

Karl sorry about your sinuses, hope you feel better. Hey you can always watch the NCAA's later. I like watching teams play that I've never seen before; although I think S.U. may be out in the first round.

Tom you certainly like to bake bread and I bet everyone really likes it when you do. Hope the bass experiment goes well.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

A wet 38 out this morning with a high of 43 here in New York. Not much going on yet but need to run some errands after lunch.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

Page: of 44 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000