Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 188 ]  [ Total: 189 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 44

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2021 :  09:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Yes the missing in action should report in so we know there okay?

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/50. Late on P. sunny/71.

A walk on the beach or in the park with the pooch for sure today!

I got the belt back on the Stamp now to the drive wheel. Slow but sure progress is being made.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2021 :  09:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where the temperature will land into the mid 60ís.

Trains, the LP, 6 conductors and 4 engineers will be dull coated today. The large scale locomotives are still at the small engine repair place. I need to talk to them but may actually go over to the shop. I meet with the contractor today as the large scale shop needs to be moved out of the stables. The SIL is still on Maui so I will meet the contractor on the site the SIL wants the shop. Code 83 track from Atlas I have noticed is almost impossible for purchase. The ME is available but the flex is tough to lay down. I do not want to use the Central Valley tie strips on the mainline but may have too. I will figure it out.

The vaccine shot site yesterday was super organized. The arm this morning is tender only when I touch it other than that itís fine. I am relieved.

Thanks Rick, Philip, Jerry and all who will check in. Be safe.

TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/11/2021 :  09:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Gents,

Yup, I still got a pulse so I guess I'm still kick'n. Busy day yesterday with the 60+ weather...sure felt good.

Rick thanks for the coffee and enjoy the nice weather.

Karl bet the new pistol shoots just fine; I've fired a few different weapons but have never fired a pistol. We're going to cool off next week a few days but nothing terrible. Seems like your weather hits here about two days after you.

Philip glad to hear your still breathing; that's a good thing.

Jerry with those belts you really do need to take your time; also I've found a few choice words helps also.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day .

A balmy 52 this morning with a high of 64 degrees; maybe a little rain. Taking the Mrs. to Hobby Lobby later for some new stuff for the walls in the Living Room; also maybe I can find the right kind of paint for the furnace interior. No bench time yesterday and probably none today either.

Enjoy the warm weather. Stay safe and healthy.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2021 :  10:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Tom, you are tearing up the bench. Fun!

Jerry, will you put stamp mill sound in the mill?

The forecast is for 80, overcast, and windy today. Rain possible starting tonight for the next several days.

The latest Microsoft Windows update trashed my main laptop. I tried everything to get it going with no luck. Finally doing a system restore. I pulled an old beat up laptop from the closet and will limp along until the other is fixed. I have a complete sector backup that is a week old, but it takes so long to restore the backup. We'll see.

It's the last day of Son's visit. Plan to head to town to our favorite German restaurant.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  05:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A slight chance of showers before 9am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 66.

Philip, good to hear from you.

Karl, didn't notice any humidity.

Mike, hope you get the computer problem sorted out.

Larry, find any paint at the store?

Tom, hope the arm feels better today.

Jerry, any progress is good progress.

Bike ride, a few chores, lunch with my roommate, a visit with Mom and then dinner with friends.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  07:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frost and bright sun at 0730 in the mitten. Going to 40s, I believe.

We're off early to sign some papers at the dealership for the "new" ride. They're also going to do service on the car that they'd not done yet.

Worked some on the gas station and took a couple of photos see below:

No big plans besideds the trip to the car dealer. My hoopsters received a second coat of shellac from the MD turtles yesterday after shooting out to a 11 point lead, they fell flat losing by plenty. Didn't watch the second half, recorded it and hit DELETE after learning the final. Crazy year, wonder anything got done in sports, especially here in the 's lair.

Have a fine day all. Be WELL>

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/12/2021 08:41:28 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  08:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/57. Later/64.

Nothing to report from the bench.

Mike hope the "puter" is back working!

Karl nice gas station.

Larry did you find the paint??

Tom don't touch it!

Philip glad your breathing it helps to keep alive!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  09:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where we may hit 49f degrees.

Thanks Rick for moving this day forward. I need a diet Dr Pepper today.

The arm is fine and yes Jerry I am not touching it any longer. My additional stage skirting arrived 3 weeks early and I may it install today. Too many projects going on and thinking about it, it is a good thing.

Have a great day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  11:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the java. Enjoy lunch with your Roommate and dinner with friends; it's a good thing being social.

Karl nice looking gas station so far. Syracuse got beat by Virginia at the buzzer; nasty way to loose a game. Now Virginia is out of the ACC Tournament due to C-19. Keeping my fingers crossed for the "Big Dance".

Jerry yes I found some florescent paint in the craft section and purchased orange & yellow. Good price also. Now we'll see if I can do what I want to do.

Tom have fun with your projects; makes for a nice diversion from life.

Mike sorry to here about your 'puter. Windows updates have a nasty habit of mucking things up. The Wife has win 7 on hers and I stopped doing updates a long time ago. I just keep really good antivirus software up to date and it works fine for her. Hate win 10!!!!

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

A nice 40 this morning with a high of 54 here in New York. After Hobby Lobby yesterday we stopped at Taco Bell for a late lunch, haven't eaten there in years, not bad for fast food but not cheap anymore. Since it was 71 out we decided to eat in the car and enjoy the warm weather with the windows down. Not much else here except some bench time later to work on the Hammer.

Have a great day. Be safe and stay healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2021 :  06:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 52

how's the hammer coming along?

Tom, glad you're enjoying working on the RR.

Jerry, anything to report from the bench?

Karl, nice job on the station.

Another weekend has come and gone.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/13/2021 :  07:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and 18 frosty degrees in the mitten state. Will be able to shed the mittens by mid day. It sounds like a monster late winter blast out West in the plains. Cooler in the week approaching but with the normality of proper time/light relationship it should be just fine.

We got our vehicle things handled yesterday, the Doll made a trip to her Grand Rapids area shops, and of course, filled up the car. I also retrieved the Tacoma from the shop where they put in the blackout grill and touched up an "oh crap" in the paint by the wipers that I did cleaning off ice.

I did some work on the base for the gas station yesterday and it's drying in the basement. Talk of a trip North, so yet another project will probably end up on the Where was I? shelf.

I hope everyone get their confuser issues worked out before they're tossed out the windows.

BE WELL all, safe and healthy.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2021 :  08:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Happy Monday!

We took son to airport yesterday morning. He is flying to Atlanta to visit our daughter. It was really nice seeing him. We had a lot of fun.

The computer repair really frustrated me. I finally reset the computer, installed the backup software, and recovered a February backup from the NAS. It appears to be working now. I paused any updates. My 90 year old uncle called me yesterday seeking advise for his computer. He had the same problem and had gone through all the steps without luck. He has a backup service, so was going to contact them next.

Continued work on the train room. Baby steps!

Weather is rainy and forecast for 70's today. Hopefully, no more freezes this year.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2021 :  08:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where it should hit 59.

The stage skirting is installed and some track removed from the paper mill sections. Not sure what my plans are for today.

Rick be safe out there on the job. Enjoy your Monday, I use the left top corner of my IPadPro to tell me what time and day it is.

Enjoy you day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/13/2021 :  09:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the java. Have a good day at work and stay safe. The Hammer is coming right along.

Karl sounds like your vehicles are all set for awhile. Glad you got to work on the gas station. I think we all have a "where was I" shelf around.

Mike glad you were able to get the 'puter back on track. Probably a good idea putting the updates on hold now that it's fixed. Nice to here the train room is progressing...Persist.

Tom nice that you are able to spend time on the layout; helps pass the time.

To the rest of the Crew have a wonderful day.

A sunny New York with the temps at 25 this morning and a high of 36. Making a pot of Chili for dinner and yes I use beans...actually 2 types of beans.....yum yum. The Hammer is progressing with the base coat on and a wash over that. After weathering then it's on to a whole bunch of levers and linkage...should be fun.

Have a great day. Be safe and stay healthy.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2021 :  11:51:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

But I put on a fresh pot in case someone else shows up late!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/42. Later 52!

Nothing to report from the bench. Giving my hands a rest.
Guess I need to see the Doc about what ails them.
I'm sure it's corporal tunnel syndrome!

So much fun getting young!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

Page: of 44 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000