Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 181 ]  [ Total: 182 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 44

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  08:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

I threw another log on the fire it's only 25 here in South Jersey! Later on 42!

I saw that weather Rick I'm sure we will stroll on the beach for sure 60's me oh my!

Mike you get anything done yesterday?

Larry is painting 1:1 stuff sounds like fun.

Work continues on the Mill. Plus a another little build in a different scale.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  08:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Sorry to hear of so many folks with finger problems. There is a guy in our train club who has lost feeling in both hands, but somehow, he continues to model and participate.

We picked up son at the DFW airport yesterday and had a good time catching up. It was a fun time.

The forecast for today is 68F and sunny. Maybe sit out back and have a glass of wine or two.

Work in the train room progresses slowly. This week I hope to bring in all the boxes from the garage. Baby steps!

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  09:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
18 degrees and icy cold in the mid central lower peninsula of the people’s republic of MI. It’s forecast to approach 50 later. Near 60 mid week before a plunge back to reality. Perfect conditions for the maple syrup makers. We saw numerous tapped trees while out yesterday, many with the traditional galvanized pails and some of the durned new fangled plastic contraptions. Some folks actually have some Rube Goldberg looking pipe/tubing networks in their maple forests.

We went out on an afternoon road trip over to the Kalamazoo area and then home before dark. Traffic was ok.

Nice your son is visiting, Mike. Enjoy.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  09:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where we will hit the 50’s today. Our fields are melting and the main creek through the property is at getting full. It’s too soon and f we get the rains predicted on Tuesday this area of Wisconsin may see some flooding, not good.

The 2-gp38’s stripped fine. I ended up using 99%IPA on the gp40-2w’s and they didn’t strip very well. I am pondering what to do next.

Trains, today I will paint the foam this morning. Then my exercise program. This afternoon I may start drawing the track on the dried painted foam between the papermill and grain complex. I will know exactly how much later today but there is between 100-120’ between them. Lots to do and doing it now because the mood is good. I need to run some trains more then 20’ back and forth.
All track down down is code 70 and is ME rail on CVMV tie strips. The new trackage will be code 83 for what will be an actual mainline. I am not sure if I will do it again on the tie strips or use Atlas or ME flex track. The additional turnouts will definitely be on the CVMV tie strips using Joe Fugate’s method of replacing a few ties with PC strips.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  10:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick have a good work day. Painting is almost done; doing corner behind TV stand then that gets checked off on the "Honey-Do" list. Thanks for the cup-o-joe.

Jerry I wouldn't call painting fun but it needed to be done and the better half is pleased the way it's turned out; which is a good thing. Enjoy working on the Mill. Sometimes it's nice to switch scales. That's what I did when I did the Farm in On30; but now I don't think I want to switch back to 1/2 inch scale.

Mike enjoy the time with your Son. Have fun getting the train room back in order; baby steps is not a bad thing.

Karl I've been seeing Maple trees tapped in our area as well. One guy has a crazy amount of tubing going from tree to tree which goes into a big tank. Never seen such a clever setup before.

Cold this morning at 10 degrees and some warm up starting tomorrow and 60 by mid week...yippee!! Finishing up the living room today. Did manage to get a little bench time in yesterday afternoon. Monday will be "rest by back day".

Enjoy your day. Safe safe and healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  04:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 43.

Larry, enjoy the rest.

Tom, hope there is no flooding.

Karl, glad you're enjoying some warmer weather.

Mike, nice that you get some time with your son.

Jerry, another build?
Another scale?
What?

Another student today.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  08:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/28. With a RF of 16!

Another part in the Mill the stamps belt in place today!
I got the part I needed from Brett at SierraWest to fix my steam engine so I should be able to finish the belts this week.

Yes I'm working on another mine but in 1:64 scale.
It's something I've always wanted to do!!
So will see were it goes.

I hope everyone gets to do what they want to do today!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  08:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope your day is without incident.

Wow, everyone is really getting into the workbench. That encourages me a lot.

Glad to hear the temps are rising up north.

Jerry, I'm not working on the train room this week much. Trying to spend time with son. He will work in the mornings, so maybe I can begin the transfer from the garage.

Larry, I see you are getting ready to lift iron!

Tom, sounds like a full day. Wishing you fun on the layout.

Karl, maple syrup sounds good.

Yesterday, my son and I made mushroom and onion stuffed enchiladas with a mole sauce. I've never had mole before and it was good, but very rich. We had fun.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday never reach much past 40 and the air felt cold, today it’s in the 40s already at 0830 and said to be headed into the 50s. Enough snow has gone here that I took a walk yesterday around the compound and everything looked like it survived the winter onslaughts just fine. The big huge dead tree in the woods appears to have shed a couple more branches but continues to hang in there. It’s been dead a long time but it is in deep enough a trimmer couldn’t get a lift in the bring it down and the branches are so massive I’d be seriously concerned for anyone’s safety from them falling if it was approached from the ground level, I’ve drug a couple away that were20-30 pounds and certainly widow makers if they fell on someone.

I’ve not said much about my Spartan hoops this year they’ve been inconsistent to be kind but seem to,have had a strong 10 days and with a sure footed win against instate rivals mich yesterday may have at least a low level seeding into March madness. We’ll see, I’ll keep the mute in the bell,of my trumpet....

Tinkered at the work bench some yesterday, making signs and painting gas pumps.

No big plans today, truck going over to the body shop, they’re putting in an aftermarket grill and touching up paint on the grill guard that replaced the one from the deer hit. It had scuffed paint from the manufacturer who appears not to want to stand behind their part. They’ll also see if they can fix a 6” long mark I made on the hood by the wipers from removing ice. Kyle the head fender banger there is a burly 6 footer now. He was a little fireball pipsqueek back ~18 years ago when I worked there for a couple years after retirement. Dad Mike, an old gear head my age still deals with all the secretarial stuff and insurance company contacts.

Another student, Rick? They company must thing well of you to have you overseeing them. We had designated “field training officers” at the sheriff dept that spent several weeks with rookies, was a “promotion” to be selected. I was in line for doing that when the K-9 slot came up. Much better job, for me.

Good day all...

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/08/2021 08:57:31 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  09:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well good morning. I had a few sentences written and hit enter and gone into the cypher world it went.

High today 54f degrees. Not sure what I will do in the trainroom today..

Be safe
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  10:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Gents,

Rick the coffee hit the spot, thanks. My rest day will consist of computer and bench time. Have fun teaching.

Jerry is 1/64 scale actually S scale? Sounds like fun; it's always nice to finally do something that you've wanted to do for a long time.

Mike nice you can spend time with your Son, the train stuff will still be there after he leaves. The enchiladas sounded good until you said mushrooms; not a fan.

Karl sounds like a good idea to stay well away from that tree; at some point it probably will take a tumble. Syracuse U has been doing well of late; the final push towards March Madness; which hopefully will happen this year. Good luck at the body shop.

Tom I've heard that word "cypher"used quite a bit lately; although I'm rather partial to it. Have fun in the train room today.

It's a balmy 25 this morning here in New York with a high of 41. The warm up is going on until Saturday....melt snow melt!! Some bench time today and maybe make some homemade soup for latter.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  7:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening. Nothing done in the train room today. Nothing but internet issues. Even spell check is against me today.

TDS is our internet provider and had the gall to tell me after waiting 35 minutes on hold that any internet issues I was having is my issue as it’s within the house. So I asked then the 1 year warranty on the internally installed fiber lines done by TDS is void. Long pause and the response was I guess so. I asked for a case number and was then told there is no case number because I am not filing an issue. Asked for a supervisor, the repair tech will be out tomorrow. Internet connection now is ok but running at about 250mb per speed test.

I put a couple logs in the fire. The Eagle Rare, some Guinness and white wines are available. I am just going to relax.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  9:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
250 speed test, dang you’re spoiled. I get 10 for “high speed” from CenturyLink, when the string goes limp I’d be lucky to get 4-5. Area fiber provider quoted $45k to hook up. The cellular iPad I had would get 90-110 at best.

Currently 8.9 down 0.63 up

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/08/2021 9:35:25 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/09/2021 :  03:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 60.

Tom, hope you get your internet service problems ironed out.
I have no idea what kind of speeds I get from my service but I don't have problems streaming TV or music and here on the net.

Latter, you should have a lot more melting today.
It's just about all gone here except for the huge piles in big parking lots.

Karl, I show up everyday, work all my trains, do what I'm supposed to do and basically stay out of trouble.

Mike those enchiladas sound real good.

Jerry, have fun with the new scale.

Did a bike ride after work yesterday and try to do another today.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/09/2021 :  08:38:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

The grill is on we have omelets anyway you want them. Sides of bacon, sausage, home firs. Toast or English muffins.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/43. Weenies are calling for sun and 62 later!

Work continues on the Mill. Yesterday I broke the belt on the Stamp so I need to fix that.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

Page: of 44 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000