Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 168 ]  [ Total: 175 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 45

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  08:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Happy weekend.

We didn't see a movie yesterday, but ate at a small Mom and Pop restaurant. Food was very good, service, not so much. Appetizers and main meal arrived at the same time. Ugh.

It's cooled down this morning. The high forecast at 57F. Small chance for rain is in the forecast.

Leaving for Joe Batson's funeral at the Dallas National Cemetery. Sad day.

Loading the car with Mom's stuff for her trip to OKlahoma tomorrow.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  08:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from a formerly sunny bright Wisconsin. Since the time I was in the Morning Lounge and making the short trek here the sun has disappeared. Our bright sunny morning already has turned to this afternoon’s promised gloom. The promised high is in the 40’s so that will help the melt.

Rick, I did indulge at retail therapy. I purchased some Fox Valley Transfer Caboose. They will become part of the WRVT RR fleet. The Milwaukee Road has always held my interests and finally got one, I mean 4. I also purchased some glue. I walk into a hobby shop with a list and try very hard not to stray from it. Tuesday I failed because the pricing was too good.

This afternoon because my Scenic drive ended up 138 miles from the original target on Tuesday I need to correct that. Today’s destination is Hiawatha Hobbies outside of Milwaukee and 70 miles from me. The inventory clearance has Gp40-2w’s and Gp50 from Athearn Genesis for $113.00, DCC ready. A good deal. I want one I more CN gp40-2w and the others will turn into my freelance RR. If, if, yeah, I buy the BNSF gp50’s those will just get patched out. I will also buy the RailPro sound decoders and 2 controllers. I am heading back to “power on board”.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 02/25/2021 08:52:28 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  09:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and clouds trading places in chilly, 26, mid Michigan. Temp went up,to the mid 40s yesterday and boy did we ‘lose a lot of snow, sublimation sand melting made a fine combination. We received word of the final application;an email arriving for Northern Command. What the hell was that?English translation: The final appliance arrived The Doll’s arranged for the delivery to be coordinated with the builder, Dan. She tul’rmed turmed down a trip up there not wanting to deal with the continuing snow up there.

I got a fair bit done on the gas station kit yesterday. I took a quick afternoon jaunt to town for a couple cans of paint and a trio of Rxs at the big box. I also had the grunge removed from the truck as we’ve no weather events forecast for a few days. The kit’s coming along but,is,fiddle for being so small. I’ll probably get back at it shortly.

Sorry the service was so iffy for you Mike. I don’t remembo The last time we ate out other th’an drive up “food” from a paper bag in the McD or Arby’s parking lot. Movie? Well over a year and that’s not high on our list of things we miss. Well, that’s not true, we miss not having to drop $50 for the two of us to see one of what passes for entertainment these days. A couple of hours with a rag on our faces is stifling.

No big news otherwise. Y’all have y’selves a right fine day, ya hear?

Guess I need to do a better job of proof reading... Dumb old fart...

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/25/2021 5:12:23 PM

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  11:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick enjoy your day off. It was really nice yesterday...it broke 50 degrees...I could used to that. Dinner out was nice; no cooking for me.

Jerry sounds like your going to be a busy guy today. Have fun with the belts.

Mike glad the food was good even if the service wasn't. Sorry you have to go to a funeral; not a pleasant way to spend time. Watch the lower back loading up the car.

Tom sounds like the railroad is rolling in the dough; those items will make a nice addition to your layout.

Karl small parts can certainly be a bit fiddly to work with. I'm always afraid I'll loose a few during the build. Plus the 'ol eyes aren't what they used to be.

After such a nice day yesterday it was snowing this morning; although it's going to warm back up tomorrow. At least most of the ice and snow left the roofs yesterday. Work continues on J.D.'s so hopefully some photos in a few days. Not much else going on.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  06:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 45.
Lots of melting the last two days but there's still a lot more left to melt today.

Jerry, I think it was even windier yesterday.

Larry, maybe yesterdays s!@# will be the last.

Karl, hopefully the worst of this winter is over and you can get to your northern command soon.

Tom, congrats on all the new acquisitions.

Mike, glad the meal was good and sorry again about losing your friend.

Bike ride at some point and more chores.
Nothing else planned at the moment.
Oh yea, I need to drop of my tax stuff to the accountant.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  07:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/31. Later 44.

Work on the tower continues I started the coloring of the siding and stain all the belts for the machines.
Will see what happens next!

I'm hoping everyone gets to do what they want today!!

So everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  08:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoy the day.

Tom, there is something about a hobby shop that renews the spirit. All things are possible...

Karl, it was a nice experience to eat out. We both commented how much fun it was. The little things are important in life. Hope restrictions lift in the north.

Larry, looking forward to more JD photos.

Jerry, does the tyvek stain easily? Seems it would repel efforts to color it. Asking for a friend.

Forecast for today is 63F, but we had nasty thunderstorms roll through around 3 AM. Two successive thunder claps woke me up.

The car is packed, all I need to do is shower, load Mom and Sharon, and head northeast. The drive isn't long at around 3 1/2 hours. My sister is meeting us halfway, plus another sister and her husband are meeting us. That should take some of the pain off Mom leaving.

Joe Batson's funeral at the National Cemetery in Arlington, TX was nice. A lot of Texas Western folks were there in addition to his family. Taps were beautiful as always.

That's it, stay safe and have fun,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  09:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. The high in Wisconsin should hit 41f degrees.

The grain bins are done except for paint touch up. I am so relieved as they for me were a PITA. I have 4 more kits or 8 more bins but I don’t need them. I also know they will be a lot easier to build then what I went through. If we had some shows, I would build and sell. I did learn a few tricks with these. But, I will wait to build these until after the grain complex is done.

Larryc, the railroad is flush at this time. Sold 2 ProtoThrottles, 16 pieces of rolling stock, the Ethanol plant and 6 built up kits all since Xmas. I don’t have a modeling budget as such but my PayPal account holds all my modeling funds. Last year other then buying Evergreen parts for scratch building I didn’t spend $200 all year. The last 3 years I have tremendously reduced my rolling stock by about 80 pieces and reduced the locomotive fleet by 20 and didn’t buy much. I am starting to right that wrong.

Our last minute new car purchase is ready at 11 this morning. What a strange purchase arrangement without Terry here. She and my sister went to another island in the 50th state to test a few cars. Then our dealer brought a similar model to me for a test drive. That’s what I used for my trip yesterday to Hiawatha Hobbies just west of Milwaukee. It’s a car, unlike my dad, brother, son and daughter cars have never given me a big thrill. I never got that gene from my parents. Dad was a dealer and loved the cars. Terry the last few years has done the majority of the driving and my interest in vehicles is even less nowadays.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  11:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings fellow Geezers, bright sun is prevailing in MI this morning, 18 to start with hard frost, in20s now. Was up early to drop off the Doll’s car for a brake job. Son said he’d have it later today or tomorrow. We had to clear off frost from the windscreens this morning. We had breakfast out after dropping the car, paper bag full of stuff under the arches. Read yesterday of a long time very fine restaurant in SE Michigan that has closed after losing $3 million last year.

Worked on the gas station kit more yesterday, painting, etc., some assembly required, still. Maybe later.

Weather service at TV-8 in Grand Rapids, home of TomO’s favorite ex-pat, reports warmer trend for the next 8-14 day.

Re-read my post from yesterday just before I started this...hmmm...sorry, I do lose track of my common grasp of communication at times. I’ve had poor luck sending posts out that evaporate lately I hasten the Submit button at times.

Hope your trip goes well, Mike. Hope your Mom does well with the changes. Mine would have been discombobulated for sure, as would I most likely.

Be well all, LarryC, Rick, TomO, Jerry....we’ll enjoy the sunshine.

Be well, safe and healthy.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  12:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Ya, I wish that was our last snow.

Jerry hope the staining goes well. Still waiting for some photos.

Mike have safe travels with your family. I'm working on the walls so hopefully some photos before too long. Sorry to hear about your friend passing.

Tom nice you were able to sell your unwanted r.r. stuff to pay for your new stuff. Enjoy the new vehicle.

Karl the diner/bar business has suffered badly due to all this BS; sadly a lot of folks will never recover. The weather has been nice and will return shortly.

Not quite as warm today but it will return shortly. No big plans for the day, maybe some bench time later.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe and stay healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2021 :  06:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain, mainly before noon. High near 52.

Larry, looked in on your addition and it looks good.

Karl, hope things start to warm up in your neck of the woods soon.

Tom, what car did you get?

Mike, hope the move went smoothly.

Jerry, sounds like we should be seeing a picture or two soon.

Philip, Yannis, Dan, Larry, and everyone else stop in and tell us what you've been up or just say hello.

Another week on the rails starts today.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/27/2021 :  09:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Approximately an inch of fresh white this morning but the temps are going to 40 and sun a bit later will take it away.

Was met with 7 turkeys at the back deck this morning, scouring for food. Weather forecast on TV site says up to 50 tomorrow and nice for a few days.

Worked on the gas station a bit, the paint on the main structural parts was still a bit less than dry so I put it aside for a day or so. I spent a couple hours preparing graphics for the build.

The Doll's car got done late yesterday, we'll go pick it up in a bit.

No big plans yet, we'll see how it goes.

BE WELL!

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2021 :  09:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey light rain/46. Later 55. All the white stuff is long gone.

Karl wild turkeys the only ones I know comes in a bottle!!

Mike how did the move go?

Larry your moving a lot faster than me.

Well maybe some time at the bench later today. Let's hope!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2021 :  09:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lost the message I had written.

Good morning from Wisconsin, high maybe 47f degrees.

The granddaughter is here, we will make her favorite cookies and then 8 loaves of rye bread.

Have a great day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/27/2021 :  09:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmmmm, TomO, rye bread! I’ll run out for some corned beef and kraut, slice of Munster cheese and mmmm...I’ll pick up a bottle of Wild Turkey for Jerry.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Page: of 45 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000