Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 186 ]  [ Total: 187 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 44

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/20/2021 :  1:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from Wisconsin. It is very sunny at 22f degrees that feels like 10.

The son has water with only the water softener breaking apart. He is very happy but still no sewers.

Trains, I cleaned the floor with the vacuum. What disappears for ever, well I couldn’t find them anyway. The granddaughter will be here by 1:30 as her parents are going to her little brothers hockey games this afternoon about 60 miles away. Adults only still no siblings under the Covid rulings by county now and hockey associations.

Maybe this evening I will do some modeling.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/21/2021 :  06:18:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 35.

Karl, have fun with the new project.

Larry, bench time better than time shoveling s!@#.

Mike, gas prices here have been inching up too.

Jerry, your snails pace is still way faster than my pace.

Tom, glad the son has water and hope the sewer comes back soon.

Some of you guys are trying to confuse me changing avatars.

Weather for this coming week, except Monday, is looking promising.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/21/2021 :  08:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It looks like things are getting back to normal here. Forecast for today is 65F. The rest of the week looks good, too.

No plans for today, but maybe some time in the shop.

Have fun,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/21/2021 :  08:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/23. RF/8!
It's still winter but the coming week has promise!!

Work continues on the mill. I'll try to post a picture later at where I'm at.

Mike good to hear your back to normal!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/21/2021 :  09:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. White gifts from above are to make an appearance around noon. The warm up starts tomorrow at 38f degrees.

No trains , still in a funk.

Rick, hanks for moving the day in the right direction. Be safe at work. Sorry about the avatar but it was time to change

Have a great day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/21/2021 :  09:25:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Day,

Rick you got that right; I'd much rather be at the bench than snow blowing! Thanks for the java. Rick some bench time for you also?

Jerry looking forward to a progress photo of the Mill. How's the belts coming along.

Mike so glad that things are getting back to normal there in Texas. From what I saw online, it looked ugly.

To the rest of the Crew have a wonderful day.

A sunny but chilly 10 out here in New York with a high of 32. Then it's going to get into the high 30's and low 40's for a few days...yippee!
Heard a loud thud yesterday and the house shook...a big chunk of ice and snow fell off the back roof. Hopefully all the roofs will be cleared the next few days. Maybe some bench time later...feeling kind of lazy today.

Have a great day. Stay warm, healthy, and be safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/21/2021 :  09:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny this morning, it started out at 2 degrees at 0600 when I was up briefly. 12 now at 0915 and climbing to the neighborhood of 32. TomO’s Wisc ex-pat on TV-8 in GR says this is the first excursion of the temp ~32 in over two weeks. We have another 2” of snow forecast for tonight and close to 40 degree warmup Tuesday.

The Doll heard my grumbling about the iPad situation and txt’d the computer nerd son in law and he and the Doll’s daughter and g’kids came over. After much wtf and such we did finally hit on the correct combination of head pat, belly rub and stand on one foot and hop and were able to get the thing working again. In fact I’m using it right now. Still hold the same negative opinion on the rotten apple iPad Pro. Pro must be short for proctologist edition. The Doll’s other daughter also stopped by so she was giddy all afternoon.

Northern command reported several more inches of snow that hit our neighborhood but when Bob who has several snow plowing customers drove into town, 7 mi, they’d not had any.

No big plans today, maybe the primer is dry enough on the building project to give it a go.

Everyone have a fine day, safe, warm and healthy. I noted a story on tv, our has been named Business Person of the Year......by Indiana

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  04:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

S!@# before 1pm, then rain and s%^$ between 1pm and 4pm, then a chance of rain after 4pm. High near 39.
Forecast for the rest of the week looks much better.

Karl, congrats on the iPad.

Larry, I specialize in lazy days.

Tom, change your avatar as much as you want and I hope the funk is gone.

Jerry, picture?

Mike, normal sounds great.

Survived another weekend with only a few of the difficult to deal with.

Another student today.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  09:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds, wintry mix and temps above freezing the first time in over2 weeks. Things will become slushy today after a couple inches of snow overnight. The Doll is running off to the antique store and I have a hearing checkup, a year overdue.

No big news at this point. The iPad is still working ok.

Green machine time in a bit, too. Enjoy your day “professor”.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  11:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Folks, your weather well wishes have paid off: 71F today and 80F tomorrow. Thank you!

Jerry, looking forward to mill photos.

Larry, looking forward to the foundry photos.

Karl, it is always nice when the kids visit. Congrats on the iPad fix.

Hang in there Tom!

Today, the back patio gets cleaned. Will help Mom pack for Friday's trip to Oklahoma. Ugh!

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  11:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Gents,

Rick with all of these students you'll be "rolling in the dough". Yes lazy days are good once in awhile. Thanks for the java.

Karl good luck with the hearing test...being able to hear is good unless your trying to tune out your better half. Careful in the "slop and goo".

Mike so glad to hear that your area is getting back to normal. Thanks the new addition should be interesting to build. Careful packing up Mom's stuff and watch your lower back. Although I'm sure she really appreciates the help.

It's 30 out this morning with a high of 36 later; except it's been snowing all morning...ugh. Although it's supposed to get into the high 30's and 40's later in the week; I'll take it. Not sure what's going on today.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe, keep warm, and stay healthy.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  11:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee. I put on a fresh pot just in case someone else shows up late!

Weather in South Jersey rain/36! Maybe iyt will melt some of this sh*t!!

Hope all you guys are getting to do want you want today!!

Some work on the Mill later today!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  11:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. The green goat took care of the white stuff in the driveway. Heading to 37 today. 40 tomorrow but tomorrow will have sunshine.

Thanks Rick for opening and be safe out in the world.

The son’s house is 100% again. Only need some water softener repair parts for his and at the girlfriend’s house. FEMA was checking his neighborhood yesterday. Turns out one of his neighbors had a baby at their house Monday evening. No electricity or water but the baby is fine as they were able to get the mid wife there in time. One of the neighbors used his generator to hook up the furnance at the new baby’s house to be warm. Sounds like the whole neighborhood seemed to help out with something. The son and a neighbor were growing agave plants and they all froze last week. They were hoping the 74 degrees with sun would revive them, nope. No free tequila this year.

Be safe
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 02/22/2021 11:52:13 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  8:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a terrible thing to say but the g/kids are finally gone. This day didn’t go as planned but as a retiree I usually go with the flow. From being served while snow blowing to having the kids an extra 3 hours today I am tired and frustrated. But, it is now quiet, the hot tub is empty with all but me.

I found the Eagle Rare, some dark stouts, a light New Glarus Spotted Cow beer, plenty of snacks and a dusty bottle of Blanton single barrel from the Buffalo Trace Brewery. Something the brother gave us a couple years ago when he decided I needed to refine my bourbon and whiskey tastes of which I had none then and still none now. Not sure it’s any good but I poured some into a tumbler and will embide while sitting in the hot tub. Ok, it burns going down, not a smooth burn.

There are logs on the fire and more near it. Enjoy if you stop by

Tom

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  10:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening everyone

Tom I'll join you but will stick with the Eagle Rare!

Wish I could jump in the hot tub for about an hour or so. Would be good for these old bones!!

I'll settle for the fire and throw on a couple of logs.

This is the tower so far before it landed on the floor and broke into a lot of little pieces!!
We won't go into how that happened
So tomorrow we know what I'm doing putting those pieces back together!

Jerry

Page: of 44 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000