Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 186 ]  [ Total: 188 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops – Europe 1918 Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co
Page: of 40

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  09:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun and currently the temp has risen to -6 from the -11 I saw at 0630 this morning. Temp going to approach 20 today.

Weather folks put us in the 8-10" area yesterday, it was fun to clear it off, the green machine did a fine job. I had an Rx to pick up and then we went out for a bit as it had become sunny. Saw this fellow sitting well above the fray:

He was a bit North of us and posed for several minutes before dashing off....

As we neared Sunfield, our closest town to the N I noted that the former Pere Marquette had snow drifts across it and not seen any traffic. As I slowed to cross I saw what looked like traffic coming about 4 miles West and drove over behind the fire hall and set up for:

That's the first traffic I've seen in Sunfield in months, they do have one scheduled each way "daily" but doesn't always happen.

I hope the Texans are recovering, that's been a bitter pill for them. Thinkin' of ya Mike, et al.

Great day all, hope Friday goes as planned, Rick.

BE WELL all.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  09:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick have a great work day and maybe the student will bring the teacher a nice, bright, shiny apple.

Jerry thanks for breakfast; you put on quite the feast! Good luck with the belts; that Tyvek is great stuff. Even with the strips being so thin it seems to take the paint well and be strong enough as not to break.

Tom hope your staying warm...brr. Hope you get good news on your test from the Doc.

Karl those are some great photos!! The Eagle must be a real "ham" to sit and pose like that.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day. Mike hope is all well with you.

A nice sunny day out here in New York; of course it's only 7 out with a high of 25 expected and no snow. About the same going on here. Hopefully some bench time later.

Have a wonderful day. Stay warm, safe, and healthy.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  12:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl those pictures of the trains and eagle are awesome. We had lots of eagles in North Central Wisconsin in Marathon County on Lake DuBay and the Wisconsin River. Those birds are just majestic.

The son has electricity in Austin as of 10:30am this morning. He is happy. Not sure if it will stay on but he doesn’t care right now.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  7:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening

Karl great pictures. That Eagle is just beautiful!!

Threw some logs on the fire it's getting cold out there and the white stuff is coming!

Bar is well stocked and open.

Going to have a double eagle Rare and sit by the fire for a while.

If your around stop by and join in the fun!!

I'll be back later!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  10:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Gang! Be absent for way too long. Still playing with trains and doing more 3D printing. Latest project was a Panzer IIF in 1/48 scale. Captured equipment to haul on the line to the Proofing Grounds so it can be evaluated, or something like that...LoL. It is going to take a few evenings to get caught up. I hope everyone is well and keeping warm.

Cheers, Heath.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  10:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, the pictures are amazing.
A lot to catch up on so I will grab 4 fingers of single malt from the Geezer's 18 YO hidden stock.
Heath good to see you here.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  05:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

S@#$ before noon, then snow and sleet. High near 30. New s&^% and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Another 1 - 2" tonight.

Jerry, What's new with the mill?

Tom, students are a reward.
Hope I get more next week.
Good luck with all the medical stuff.

Karl, two more excellent pictures.
Thanks for sharing.

Larry, no apple, the extra pay is enough of a treat.

Heath and Larry, nice to see both of you here.

Mike, hope you and the other Texans are doing better today.

Bike ride and meal prep in the AM.
The usual house chores and then the rest of the day is for taking it easy.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  08:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
You should b glad to be home today with the weather the way it is.

We have a base of frozen rain and now its beginning to throw white stuff on top of it.

Just walked the ooch slippery out there!!!!

Good day to sit at the bench. I started the tower yesterday. And coloring the belts.
So will see if you can worthy enough to take a picture this week sometime...

Oh an if anyone needs TYVEK for belts let me know I have a sh*t load of it!!!

Larry & Heath good to see you joining in on the fun!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 02/18/2021 08:21:18 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  09:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from warming Wisconsin. It is +15f degrees and the wind chill is at +8.

Thanks Rick for opening. The son in Austin at 10 last night says he still had electricity but no water since noon
and no sewers after 6. I explained why in the Morning Lounge if you are interested.

I glued the ladders, cages and landings together for the grain bins yesterday and then lost interest. Hopefully
today I will get them on the grain bins.

Everyone be safe out there
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  09:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy sun and heat, relatively, in the teens.

Worked on some household business things yesterday and in the evening watched a tribute to a 30+ year running friend that will be missed.

Good to hear things are improving incrementally with the Texas folks. Our crew in the UP reported that our place has been cleared out after getting stuck a couple of times in the process. Our power has been 100%. It sounds like many are getting sick from "alternative" heat sources causing CO.

Thanks for the nice comments on my photos, I enjoy making and sharing them.

Somehow my mind had jumped ahead a couple of days, thinking it was Saturday. Will bounce in and out of reality like that more than ever I guess. At least I'm getting my steps in, getting from one end of the house and back trying to remember why. Rick's fault, if I recall he said yesterday was Friday(his).

Good to see a couple more folks here recently. Welcome and enjoy the group.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  10:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/Evening,

Rick thanks for the cup-o-joe. At least you get extra $ when you train someone, When I did it I was told "goes with the job".

Jerry looking forward to some photos of the Mill. I got one big Tyvek envelope from the USPS and cut it in half; there's enough from one envelope to last me for years.

Tom those folks in Texas sure have had a tough go of it; hopefully they get straightened out soon. Hopefully you can get your bins done today.

Karl now I don't feel so bad; I thought that I was the only one misplacing days once in awhile. And yes I'll walk into a room then try to remember why I went in there....ah, the golden years.

It's 18 this morning in New York with a high of 28. Early next week we may see high 30's or low 40's which is great then the snow and ice can slide off my metal roofs on the house. Going to experiment with making some belt shifters for the Shop so we'll see how that goes.

Everyone have a great day. Stay safe, keep warm, and stay healthy. No falling on the ice either!!

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  11:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Power out since Monday. -1F low. Brrr. Mike

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  12:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by friscomike

Power out since Monday. -1F low. Brrr. Mike

Mike,

Did you get it back yet? Hang in there.

Fireplace???

Jim

Take the red pill

Edited by - BurleyJim on 02/18/2021 12:42:49 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  6:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you Mike! Hope your all alright!

Jerry

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  9:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks,

Power came back on around 2:30 today. It went out Monday at 2:34 AM. It cycled for a while, but seems steady now.

Thanks for the well wishes. We have never ever experienced anything like this for four days of no power and chilling temps. That is why I live in Texas.

I sure missed Rick's coffee and the daily catchup up with the folks on the thread.

it will be in 60's by Sunday, so hoping to get back to a normal life. I am not envious of my Northern living friends.

I asked my friend Andy to loan me his tractor to clear the snow, and he said it would be Apri before he got here. LOL.

Have fun and be safe,
mike

Page: of 40 Previous Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops – Europe 1918 Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000