Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 206 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Caz Coal & Wood Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout
Page: of 45

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  07:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of freezing rain, mainly after 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 34.

Karl, 42" WOW

Larry, hope they are wrong and you don't get that much.

Yannis, good to hear from you and nice to read you're making modeling progress.

Tom, sounds like you had an enjoyable busy day.

Jerry, thanks for keeping the place warm and there are now more logs in the stove to keep it that way.

Mike, I've read there's some bad weather in your area as well as blackouts.
Hope all is well with you and the family.

Drive in yesterday was no problem and hope today is same.
Holiday weekend schedule today so starting later than usual and finishing later as well.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  09:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chilly this morning and the snow continues with another 3-6 inches to pile on to what we received overnight, 2-3Ē.

Here is a photo from near our place taken Saturday night, the girl shown is barely 5' tall:

Larry asked about ice cover, here is a graphic from the weather service off of our TV-8 site showing the Great Lakes ice cover

Was just watching the weather report that gave a shout out to Mike's area, windchill Minus 14, lower than here. THAT weather is headed my direction.

I cleaned paint off the bridge tracks yesterday and we had grand kids for the afternoon. I watched no more than 10 minutes of NASCAR, they wrecked ~20 cars and had a gully washer and I cut it off.

Today, watch it snow, and ???

Good day all....stay warm

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/15/2021 10:25:08 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  09:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be careful out there.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/33. Suppose to be occasional drizzle or rain today.

Karl 42" your going to need a bigger shovel!!

Good to hear from you Yannis.

Work on the Mill continues while I'm figuring out what material to use for the belts I'm starting the hoist tower.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  10:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from chilled Wisconsin at -9f degrees and -27 wind chill. High today is 4.

The son in Austin, Texas says his neighbors are panicky, it is 10 with a wind chill of -6 and they are worried about pipes. He says he is fine, he texted a picture of his frozen agave plants
and the loaded trees. They were waiting for the snow but he never mentioned it this morning and no mention of it on the weather app either. They definitely are no prepared for that, it was
heading Mikeís way.

Finished painting the 4 grain bins and promptly dropped it. That is the morning project and hopefully I can add the ladders and landings this afternoon.

Yannis, yes that picture was HO. This lounge has no limits. Geezer was a very kind man to me when I was going through many of my health problems after I retired and he is the reason and
the nice folks here that I post every day here.

42Ē in one snow event and Uppers just keep on trekking.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  12:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick having your hours changed has to get annoying after awhile. Sadly from Mon. night into Tues. night we're supposed to get 6-12 inches of that white stuff; still better than ice.

Karl that is a lot of snow, hope she don't get lost in it. Thanks for the photo of the ice cover for the Lakes, interesting.

Jerry the Tyveck that I'm using works great and takes the paint well. The Post Office has them for "free" which is my kind of price. Have fun building the tower.

Tom sadly people who live in the South have no idea when it comes to the cold and snow. Their hopes aren't built for that type of weather either. Have fun working on your layout today.

Mike hope you and yours are ok down there in Texas.

It's a warmer 21 this morning with a high of 29 here in New York. The entire Central portion of the state is under a storm warning Monday night thru Tuesday night with a possible 6-12 inches of white stuff. Hopefully my daughter works from home tomorrow. Not much else going on here.

Have a great day. Keep warm, stay safe and be healthy.

Yannis
Section Hand

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  01:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone! While snow has melted here in Northern Greece, they seem to have lots of snow in Athens as we speak.

Tom great work there in the HO layout! I hear you about the kindness aspect and the lounge!

I guess i could post at some point a photo of HO work or O-scale aviation work then here in the lounge :).

Sunny outside but cold yesterday and today, we just had some mild snowfall during the weekend but that's past us now. Your snow reports are impressive... 42"!!!

Jerry looking forward to check out the mill's progress.

All the best everyone.
Yannis

Edited by - Yannis on 02/16/2021 01:35:06 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  04:07:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Rain, mainly before 8am. High near 49.

Yannis, we would love to see pictures of what you're working on.

Larry, with all that s@#$ headed your way I'd stay inside and keep working on your shop.

Tom, hope your SIL, and Mike too, are safe in TX.

Jerry, can't wait for the next update on the mill.

Karl, that's way too much s!@#.

Got a student with me at work today.
Students are good because they do most of my work and I get paid an extra 4 hours.

Also, we lucked out here with rain instead of ice.
Only bad part is I have a very dog.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  08:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
High winds and snow have left quite a mess here with below zero windchill. Itís eased off this morning but Iíll have a bit of work with Johnie the green goat this afternoon.

No big plans, maybe run out for a Rx that should be ready.

Hope all is well with Mike, the weather down his way has been treacherous.

Take care all.

Still snowing lightly but the wind has relented. Still cold

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/16/2021 09:26:14 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  08:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Light rain here in South Jersey 38. Later on 54!!

Sorry for the guys who live in Texas. I hope they are all doing okay??

Work continues on the Mill. Hopefully an update later in the week.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  09:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/Evening,

Yannis would love to see some of work, especially the non railroad stuff.

Rick thanks for the coffee. Sounds like you have a good thing going at work. Glad to hear you missed any ice.

Karl keep warm and don't stay out on the "green goat" too long at a time. I think we're getting some of your weather this afternoon.

Jerry I agree; hope the folks in Texas are doing ok. From what I've read it's ugly down there. Looking forward to a photo of the Mill progress.

To the rest of the Crew hang in there.

Well it's 30 out with a high of 41 later with snow this afternoon. Looks like the "weather weenies" may have got it wrong...we'll see. We did get about 3 inches of sleet overnight but that's it. Going and try to add some idler pulleys to the line shaft today. Hopefully I'll be successful.

Have a great day. Stay warm and well.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  10:38:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. No new white gifts from above I believe everything land3d on Karlís northern compound in Michiganís UP. My vaccine shot for today was
cancelled yesterday. Now scheduled for 2/28/2021. No trains today as I still go to the clinic for my twice a year Ultrasound. I then stop on the way home at Portilloís for
either a Chicago style hot dog or hot roast beef and chocolate cake. Portilloís is a Chicago institution that is going national and has been in Madison for 3 years now.
Thankfully itís just far enough away to prevent, letís get a hot dog to occur more then twice a year.

Tonight I fly to Austin to pick up the son and then head to San Francisco. He has no electricity or heat since around 8 yesterday morning. So he will come with as I head
to the 50th state of paradise. We have been assured that the Austin Executive airport will be open.

So, if I am missing you know why. The IPadPro is staying home and my iPhone 5SE is too small for internet.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  3:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trip cancelled. After Terry comes home and gets her shot we will decide when we can go back together.

I am heading to the trainroom

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  04:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sunny, with a high near 32.

Running very late today so keeping ut brief.

TGIF
Same student again today.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  08:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone!

Have a safe day out there!
Teach him well Rick!

We eggs anyway you want them. Sides of bacon & sausage. Home fries and English muffins with butter and assorted jams & jelly's.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/20. RF/10!
Getting ready for the white flurries again...

Work continues on the Mill. Today I need to get some TYVEK for the belts.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  08:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick and the world. It is very bright as the sun just rose in a cloudless sky for the first time in forever. Looks like a nice weather day in store for us, it is -7f degrees and the wind chill is the the same.
Makes me want to go out and play in the white gifts from above, not! Per the weather app Verona, Wi. my place to reside, has not been above +10 degrees real temperature in 20 days. The high today is a predicted

The ultrasound went well yesterday and I should have the results on my Hospital Chart sometime today. My doctor will call in 3 or 4 days unless the nodules are suspicious and then she will call sooner. Then I get the
biopsy. Been here before and know the plan. Afterward the stop for Chicago style dogs at Portilloís was good, nice but not the same as being in Chicago and getting them. The son at 10pm yesterday still had no electricity
at either his place or the girl friends. He turned the water off at both as a just in case. He did drive the Austin roads yesterday as he was out of firewood and went into the shop to get more. They are sleeping in sleeping
bags with extra blankets in front of the fireplace. He says itís not romantic at all.

I peeked into the trainroom last evening, thatís all. Hopefully today I can accomplish something.

Rick be safe on the Friday for you. Is the student a reward or a punishment? 4 extra hours pay is always a good thing.

I hope Mike and his family are ok and warm in Texas. They have a real issue down there.

Page: of 45 Previous Topic: Caz Coal & Wood Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000