Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 178 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 45

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  08:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be safe out there.

Mike so sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts are with you and his family.

Weather in South Jersey the big S&%W the "Weenies" talked about starts with a "R"!
God do they ever get this right????

Well the grocery stores made out well yesterday for sure I suppose...

Work continues on the Mill. Making all these little blocks here and there is a real PITA!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  10:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Mike sorry to hear about your friend passing; it's never easy to loose a close friend. Condolences to you and his family.

Rick thanks for the java. Nothing wrong with having a dull day at work! Enjoy the game latter on.

Tom I can see why you like spending time in paradise after dealing with those temps...yikes that's cold. Someday you'll look back on your Granddaughter reading a book out loud and it will put a smile on your face.

Karl nice to hear that the wind and snow has stopped. We're getting ready for yet another Northeaster around here...can't wait(sarcasm intended).

Jerry keep going on the Mill...you'll get'er. When I was working in a Grocery Store any time bad weather was forecasted people would flock in and buy everything that wasn't nailed down. Then the next few days was nothing.

It's a cool 21 this morning here in New York with a high of 28 latter. Another Northeaster is coming our way early in the week, although I think that it will stay well south of us. Bad news is my Daughter will probably get hit again; at least this time she can work from home if need be. Not much else going on here; work progresses on the Shop.

Have a great day. Keep warm, be well, and stay safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  12:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wanna gripe about the snow? Think this is your neck of the woods Larry. Have never seen any full sized big snow rigs like these. Theyíve just started using the side wing plows around here the last 10 years. Links off this to other old videos on snow removal. Good way to kill a cold day in the shelter.

https://youtu.be/JhNnUVbv5q8

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  2:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl I have to say I've never seen anything quite like that before! By the looks of the car behind the plow it looks like the 1940's. I have seen a tandem plow on the interstate which has multiple lanes. It's a plow with a big trailer behind and at a 45 degree angle plowing 2 lanes at once. Boy you must be bored!! Thanks for the video, it's certainly something different.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  04:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.Sunny, with a high near 29.

Got about 3" of white stuff here yesterday.
With todays temps don't think there will be much if any melting.
More white stuff predicted for later in the week.

Stayed up later than usual to watch the SB so a little sleepy this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  05:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Mike so sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts are with you and his family.

Jerry, thank you for your condolences. ~mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  05:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larryc

Mike sorry to hear about your friend passing; it's never easy to loose a close friend. Condolences to you and his family.

Larry, thank you for your condolences. ~mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  05:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

So sorry, Mike, for your loss. Itís a jolt to lose long time friends even when they have been ill itís not easy.

Karl, thank you for your condolences. ~mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  05:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Mike, sorry for the loss of your friend.

Tom, thank you for the condolences. ~mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  05:39:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. A safe day to you on the rails.

Sounds like the weather remains a challenge in the north. Hope everyone stays safe on the roads.

The forecast is for 68F today with little chance of rain.

Need to address and mail 50 valentines day cards to Masonic Widows; otherwise, nothing planned but lots to do.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  07:21:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Sorry to hear you lost a close friend. I lost one about a month ago, and think of him often. You honor those by remembering them often and the times you spent with them.

Jim

Take the red pill

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  08:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/16.
yesterday we got about 5" of the white snow which is now all frozen!!

Watched the game KC was flat. And Brady & Tampa just were to much for them on this Sunday!!
You may hate him but 7 rings is impressive!!

Work continues on the Mill. Hopefully a picture this week.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  09:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 degrees and calm this morning in the palm of the mitten, more snow coming later in the day but not much.

Discovered the water softner was low on salt yesterday and ventured out to secure 4 bags of it in the afternoon. I took the tender for the brass loco off the workbench and reassembled it and put the whole deal in the box for future disposition. Just too many tiny parts and such for me to do a credible job in restoring it to my standards, now greater than my skills.

Saw the game, just because. No dogs in the fight, but it didn't really look like a fair fight. Just a seasoned journeyman technician practicing his craft to a supreme level. Not a memorable commercial in the who bunch, but they get you to watch in the hope you might see something clever.

Everyone have a good day, we'll work at being warm today and see what comes along.

Be Well, Be SAFE!

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  09:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, sorry for the loss of your friend. My sincere condolences to you and his family.

Rich

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  09:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from balmy So. Central Wisconsin where it has warmed to zero from the time I started posting in the morning lounge. The wind chill is also 0. The trip out to the road with the garbage and recycling bins was rather pleasant in a Wisconsin way.

I did not watch the game. Never hated Tom but did strongly dislike, ok hated the team he used to play for. I think it was more about Bill and his arrogance towards the national media. I had read somewhere he was friendly sometime to local media folks.

The swimming today is done, I have canceled the treadmill. I will check for the 1st time in months on the SILís crews. They will be clearing the horse trails of drifts and my walking trails of the white gifts from above. There is some fence work to be done per the drone flyover yesterday.

I will be drilling holes in the framework of the layout today. I am going to try LEDís for new lighting and need to run a couple buss lines for them. I am extremely happy using the fiber optics in the paper mill and transload facility but the illuminators I use are limiting. Just an experiment that will begin in the grain complex. I have to order some LEDís to play with. I have used the Woodland Scenics plug and play system and itís very nice but IMO expensive and I donít say that very often.

Enjoy your day,
TomO

Page: of 45 Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000