Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 173 ]  [ Total: 176 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co
Page: of 40

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  09:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice long entertaining post just evaporated earlier.....15, sun, cold, snow coming. The rest superfluous as is much I do these days.

Be well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  09:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for opening. Hope your weekend goes well. I was trying to keep from saying the [expletive deleted] word and graupel was all I could come up with.

It sounds downright cold up there. I had to put a heating pad in the chair just to type this message... I'll take it off later because the forecast for today is 75F and clear.

I may be getting my hobby room back, so I can begin a layout. My Mom, after a year, has decided to move back to Oklahoma to live with my Sister. She has been occupying my old hobby room, so... All of my train stuff has been lining the walls in the garage. As soon as the 2nd vaccine antibody waiting time is up, she will leave. I will miss her and hate to see her go, but the soon to be train room takes a little of the sadness away.

Stay safe and have fun,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  10:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Be careful out there today!

Weather here in South Jersey Cloudy/31. High 35.
Yes winter is here.

Nothing from the bench to report tired of shoveling. And walking the dog on an iceberg!!

Mike I guess will see the finish of some of those wonderful cars you were building.

Tom cheer up she's bound get tired of the warm weather and cone back home!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  11:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/ Evening,

Rick thanks once again for the java. Sounds like you've got the "racket" going on at work...good for you. Careful shoveling...it can be hazardous to your health. The snow blowing yesterday took a long time...lots of snow to move.

Tom hang in there. Just try and keep busy to pass the time. Besides "absence make the heart grow fonder".

Mike..heating pad; you didn't fall out of bed again. Just kidding. Nice to hear you may be getting your hobby room back, looking forward to some more of your fine work. Although I'm sure you'll miss Mom.

Karl short and right to the point.

Jerry shoveling just plain sucks!!! Snow blowing is soooo much easier. I think I hear the "pulleys" calling you.

The rest of the Crew have a great day.

Just when you think that it's safe to go outside. The Northeaster is done but we received another four or five inches of snow off Lake Ontario...just can't win for loosing. If this doesn't stop we'll have snow til June. Grocery shopped this morning and the store was almost empty with customers and the roads we not that bad. I guess more snow blowing is on the menu!

Have a great day. Stay safe, stay warm, be healthy, and careful out in the snow; except for Mike....no snow.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally good news in triplicate. I now have funked the Covid test 2 times, thatís 1. As I was attempting to make travel arrangements Terry calls and says her jab appointment is on 2/14/2021, thatís 2. I got an email that my jab appointment is scheduled for 2/16/2021 at 4AM, yep morning, thatís 3 and I am smiling.

The 50th state can wait.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2021 :  07:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 41.

Tom, congrats on all the good news.

Larry, it was a pretty easy week at work but for some reason seemed longer than usual.

Jerry, maybe something from the bench today.

Mike, sorry about missing Mom but getting the room is good.

Karl, I hate when that happens.

Meal prep first, then there will be more scraping the global warming off the sidewalk.
Not sure if I'll do a bike ride.
Shoveling seems like enough exercise.
Dinner out with my brother tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2021 :  08:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoy the weekend.

Plan to head to Texas Western MRC tonight. It will be my first visit in many months.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2021 :  09:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Have fun with your brother later on!

Weather here is sunny/31. Later on 39.
Still winter...

Tom that was good news.

Mike have a nice night out.

Work on the Mill yesterday I made the bracing for and installed the pulleys for the Rock Crusher.
You have to work your way down from the top.
Have to make another small stand today to holded another of the big pulleys.
Everything is like under all the framing patience is the key word here!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2021 :  09:53:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin where the high for the day is now at 32f degrees. Freezing rain is falling and the white flakes are coming for 4-8Ē totals or 2-3Ē, or 8-14Ē depending on the local TV channel app, the Weather Channel app or whatever weather service Apple is using on its app today. I feel unfortunately the Apple one is more right then the other 2. We donít need anymore accumulation of the white stuff.

I had the grandkids over last night and ordered chicken strips, pizza and fries. Good to actually hug them and play in the pool with them. I am an ok swimmer but the kids are very good. They both at 9 and 7 beat me in the 1st 2 laps of the pool but I am better at endurance. They had to call mom and dad to let them know they beat poppa. When school closes today, most likely early they will come here. I missed that!

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/04/2021 :  10:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Day,

Rick enjoy dinner with your brother. After shoveling I think that you've had ample exercise for the day. Work seems to last forever when you're not as busy as usual. Thanks for the cup-o-joe.

Mike have a safe trip to and from your destination.

Jerry nice to hear your making some good progress on the Mill. Ah yes "patience grasshopper".

Tom glad to hear that you've received all that great news. It was so nice that you got to spend time with the Grandkids...family is everything!!

The rest of the Crew have a great day!

A balmy 28 this morning with a high of 39 later. Wait..what's that I see...wow it's the Sun shining brightly. Going to be even warmer tomorrow..hey Mike I think the heat finally arrived! Hopefully this will help settle the snow to make room for more. Threw up a few Valentine's decorations yesterday to keep the Mrs. happy. Not much else going on, maybe some bench time latter.

Enjoy your day. Be safe, stay healthy, keep warm, and be careful playing in the snow.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/04/2021 :  10:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Early sun fading to bright haze, temps mid 20s after teens overnight. The weather folks out of Gran Rapids have the full cataclysmic panic mode going. Get your gas, milk and food supply this morning!! before the sky falls... that will begin by 4. In a serious note it does sound like a real challenge for anyone outside the next 36-48 hours once it starts. Similar predictions for the upper home base as well. Totals of 4-6 inches will be attenuated by very high winds. If I was a power company lineman Iíd be wishing Iíd gotten this week on the vacation pics...

I bought an air eraser at Harbor Freight, a new supply of baking soda and a new shop vac to build a small scale abrasive blast box. The sonic cleaner was a disappointment on the brass project. Too much poor quality clear coat. It DID clean some rusty maple tree spiles, sap tap devices the Dollís had, quite well. All day trekking around to gather supplies.

The highway crews were out all over yesterday pushing back the snow banks prepping for the winter blast....you know itís all #45s fault oh yeah, and gas is up 60 cents since Jan 20.

TomO I couldnít be happier for you!!

Everyone have a fine day, yíall in the East already have had your snowclysm, hopefully we can keep this one contained.

Going to a club meeting, Mike, nice...everyone is in deep cover and hide mode around here, waiting for the Summer solstice before any thought of leaving the shelters.

Post the lookout, the snows coming! Be well, be safe, donít lick the metal flagpole...

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/04/2021 10:38:34 AM

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/04/2021 :  10:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning gents!

Heading to FT Knox/pharmacy for provisions today. First time there since covid hit us.

Karl, That eraser is a nice tool but stops up easily. best buy!

Bought some really nice handmade 10" trees from a man in Chicago...super product and inexpensive!

Have a great day..bad weather moving in today.

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2021 :  06:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain and s!@# before 10am, then a chance of rain between 10am and noon. High near 44.
Any s$%^ that does happen will be washed away by the rain.

Philip, congrats on the trees and hope the weather wasn't that bad.

Karl and Mike, nice to see a club holding a in person meeting.

Larry, hoping for a lot of melting.

Tom, nice to read that things are getting back to normal a little.

Jerry, sounds like you're crushing the pulley install.

Bike ride this morning.
Didn't get to visit Mom yesterday so that should happen today.
Time spent in front of the stereo tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2021 :  06:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee;

It looks like everyone is hard at model building. It's really giving me the itch for the smell of glue and paint.

It was nice to see old friends last night at the http://twmrc.org. We were seated at least six feet apart, wore masks, and had plenty of hand sanitizer. The turnout was surprisingly good.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2021 :  08:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Enjoy your day off.

Weather in South Jersey rain! High today 45.

Mike just visited your club layout. I'll have to go back and look some more. The old layout was pretty nice!

Philip post a picture of the trees.

Karl I have one of those and now I can't get it to work. And have no idea why. But they are handy.

Hope the rest of you can find some bench time today.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Page: of 40 Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.97 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000