Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 247 ]  [ Total: 254 ]  [ Newest Member: Stuart W ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday morning  lounge Topic Next Topic: Fusion 360  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2020 :  07:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from cool 34f and clear N.E.Indiana. It would have been a good night to drag out the telescope, but too lazy. The coffee urn is READY with Knuckle Coupler blend today. The Sunday brunch at 'the Greek's' is the special. I've got the crew van warmed up.

The station got over to its new home yesterday. Those folks were surprised and very thankful. The senior member/joint founder asked if I'd like to recreate the 1856 cityscape, "umm, no". Who wants to model a tent? They had no photos, only crude pencil sketches of what buildings were there or proposed. I think I'll spend some time on my turntable drive system.

I'll probably watch Da Bears get crushed by the Cheeseheads later.

Have a safe and Super day! Watch out for the Knuckleheads.

Jim

Take the red pill

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2020 :  09:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim. It’s 34F heading to near 60 here in northern WV. Beautiful bright day, perfect for outdoor activities.

I raked leaves from our driveway yesterday and will do the patio today. Not much else on the agenda.

Jim, I’m glad your work is appreciated. The minister of our church once said to me “sometimes you just have to learn to say no.”

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 11/29/2020 09:08:28 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2020 :  09:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Mike and the rest of the crew. It is in the 30's right now here in S.E. Michigan, with temps rising into the upper 40's later under sunny skies.

The snow event for tomorrow and Tuesday keeps getting down graded. Currently, a total for the two days is in the 2" - 5" category.

Today's agenda includes the making of a large pot of Turkey soup. I have taken over that assignment the past few years. We freeze enough for many future meals.

The boys are back home. Two of them found dead car batteries upon arrival. One at the airport and one at home. Made me wonder if we had some kind of EMP attack.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2020 :  09:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It looks like our weather here in Hampton Roads is about the same as Mike's in West Virginia. Pat's getting bored with her neighborhood walks, so I think we'll go up to Yorktown and walk the riverfront area later this morning.

I'be been going through a box of my parent's 35mm slides. We've had them for over 20 years, but finally got around to looking at them. I scanned a few for my brother and sister. My big task now, is to look at our slides.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2020 :  09:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A brisk 33 degrees here when I finally got downstairs. Coffee, a chocolate banana muffin, and a sweet Italian sausage and I'm starting move better now.

Listening to radio tribute to Ken Hensley of Uriah Heep who passed away a few weeks ago...

Had fire in the fire place last night which earns me an afternoon session at the wood pile with the axe. Might fire up the saw to set up splitting next week.....

Office and shop work this morning. Galley proofs to process, article to write, and general office rearranging of the piles of paper. Tank cars in the queue getting built; making the list of needed detail parts to finish them....at least into a their respective boxes lined up for painting in the spring.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/29/2020 :  11:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun and 47 just S of the bridge at 11:30a. Sky looks dark ahead but has been an ez cruze so far.

No big news save the green teams did well yesterday and the Fords have canned their management.

Have a great day

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2020 :  11:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin, All!

47, feels like 41, partly cloudy, up from chilly to OK, and with gale warnings up for the evening hours in and around the northern mitten, the Bay and the Big Lake today.

Lovely morning for an outdoors glimpse of sunshine, but dress warmly, wear orange and be careful where you stroll... the deer are restless. Had a six-point and a two-point buck drift by the house awhile ago, but none of the does were with them,

Nice job on the station diorama, Jim! Bruce, you will learn not to criticize the "snow events" here in the mitten. They do not take that kindly and will extract their revenge in January and February. Trust me on this!

Looks like a good day to attempt to finish up the caboose project while watching the waves go up and down. I found three buggies on the dining room table that now serves as "HQ," had two ready for the railroad after completing some minor additions to the kits, and realized that I had the third one with an out-of sequence number on it that was identical to the second one. The third is an ancient Athearn offering of the "Santa Fe" style; the others are the New England center-monitor wood-side style. Obviously they need different sequence numbers, even on a free-lanced railroad.

I had the paint-shop foreman in for a stern talking-to and began the renumbering process, only to have the thirty-odd year old decals explode as I oh-so-gently slid them off the backing sheet. Having added the gloss finish to them that I should have considered in the beginning, I can now begin what I hope are the final stages of finishing this beast.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 11/29/2020 11:56:40 AM

Previous Topic: Monday morning  lounge Topic Next Topic: Fusion 360  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000