Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 203 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: Stuart W ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Real or not?  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  02:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! It's about 3am and I'm going back to the snore shelf. I've been up for the last couple of hours. Had a little Ortho work done yesterday afternoon, and was OUT from about 4pm until 1 am. The driver (wife) got me back in the house and that was it.

So the timer is set on the coffee urn, and the Caboose stove blend will be ready when you show up. The stove timer is set, and the egg, cheese, potato, and ham casserole will be ready just as you come in. So 'normal' operations in the lounge are set. See you later alligator.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  07:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coffee and more coffee!!!!

Chocolate banana muffins are in the over and house smells great!

Office and shop day, some journal work, some magazine work, and maybe some NMRA work.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  08:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Martin and crew. The sun's out in Tidewater Virginia and we're supposed too make it into the 50's.

I'm messing with a rerailer design for the cassettes on my switching layout. Hopefully I'll have that resolved today.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  09:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ga-day all! Sailors take warning bright red sky first off this morning. Now grey and ugly, cold. Some ugliness is forecast with rain/snow/rain, blah said to pass thru the area during the day.

I stained some quarter round for the Dollís antique display case and spent awhile renaming files on a memory stick for using in my video experimentation.

Sheís off shortly to the store to update her display and Iíll tinker around here at home. Just heard from my ďlittleĒ bro, he just had some ortho work, too, and is reportedly doing well.

Good day to all. BE WELL

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Itís in the low thirties, frost is on the pumpkin, and the sun is out here in northern WV.

Some jobs around the house, probably a walk, and modeling are on the agenda today. We rescheduled our state park visit with our daughter for tomorrow but it looks like rain. We will see. Weíve walked in the rain before.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  09:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Windy, sunny and cool in SE NH. Yesterday after geology I worked on the turntable pit and started the mechanism. The instructions for the Kitwood Hills product require some close study to make sure you don't mess up, but the important stuff is all there. Today's project is finishing the pit and then starting on the bridge.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  10:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good late morning to all the crew. I have been up since 5:30 it was 31 and frosty outside low forties today rain tomorrow. I've decided to rework my switch wiring what a mess!! I painted the switch panel white then put tape down for the switching layout. Next I painted it green when it dries I will pull up the tape and should have white lines showing we will see?? Jim you must have had some serious ortho work done!!

Stay safe and well

Mark

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  10:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is a chilly 40 right now. At least the wind died down. They are saying the high will be 47.

Dropped off the blankets, sheets, towels, and pillows at the animal shelter yesterday. They were very happy since it turned out to five bags plus a large throw rug. Made runs to the produce store and meat market. Didnít make it to PetSmart. The email to say my online order was ready to pick up didnít arrive until I was leaving the meat market. By then I had my fill of people. One thing I have noticed since the pandemic began is my tolerance or people and crowds has gone way down. I can only take so many people not wearing masks or wearing them improperly and not social distancing. While I was in the produce store, I overheard a conversation by two women. They were saying how disappointed they were about not having family over for Thanksgiving. Then one of them spoke about a neighbor who was having 30 to 40 family members over with some traveling from North Carolina and Florida. All I could do was shake my head.

I did not get to weathering the hoppers. I did enter more records into the database. I am close to halfway to recreating the original database that crashed.

I have to go to PetSmart which I did not get to do yesterday. But that is okay because I now have to stop at Rite Aid to pick up my wifeís prescription and some over the counter meds. I pass the Rite Aid on the way to PetSmart. I then need to stop at the bakery and pick up the Thanksgiving pies and perhaps drop some clothing off at Green Drop which is on the way to the bakery.

Tonight, we have to move and/or disassemble the table in the breakfast nook. We have a new one being delivered tomorrow.

I will either weather some hoppers or enter more records in the database. If I am lucky maybe both.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  11:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is currently 32 degrees here in S.E. Michigan. We will head up into the upper 30's today and rain will move in later this afternoon.

Bonnie will bake some pies for Thanksgiving today and probably make up her big batch of sweet potatoes.

Tomorrow she makes up her stuffing and then all will be ready for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Real or not?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000