Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 230 ]  [ Total: 235 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Rocktown & Olympus RR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 3

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  05:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.

Locked up the old lounge and opened up a new one.
Really appreciate everyone that contribute to these topics and all the On30 topics as well.
Maybe this go round we can coax some lurkers to join in.

Back to the grind for me.

Jerry, hope you enjoyed your birthday.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  07:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Monday, Monday...

A belated Happy Birthday to Jerry.

The forecast for today is 78įF. Partly cloudy.

Worked in the shop all day yesterday. Had some fun.

PT on tap this morning, then take Mom to audiologist for new hearing aids this afternoon.

Have fun,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  08:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Ahhh! The smell of fresh paint. I started a fire its 17 here in South Jersey!!

Rick thanks for the new lounge and the coffee.
You be careful out among the English!

Yes maybe this new lounge we can get some new people to join in.

Dinner was fantastic!

Mike thanks for the B-wishes.

Today may be a day of windows and battens!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  09:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw the padlock on the door when I checked out Pg 100 and thought maybe the Thought Police had seized and issued sanctions after thoughts Iíd expressed....and others. Thankfully itís only progress....Vol 28, whoíd a ever guessed? Great group of folks here, I enjoy the banter every day. Itís my first stop every morning.

Sunny and breezy going to windy as he** by mid afternoon. If the Doll didnít have a mid day commitment (taking grand daughter to get her drivers license) Iíd be headed over to Grand Haven to see about photographing some of the waves forecast to get fairly big.

I have all my Doc stuff out of the way. Feels good to have an outside opinion that things are going along well. Sometimes I allow myself to doubt that.

With the temp going toward 60 today Iíll probably get outside a bit. I think Iíll stick close while the Doll has some 1:1 time with Savannah. Sheís going to be 18 in January and is counting the days until graduation in the Spring so she can take flight from her Cinderella-like duties at home.

Weather here for the next couple of weeks, into early December, are to be in the range of Warmer than Normal. Iím fairly sure weíll be headed to da Yoop somewhere in that time period. Things in the Ďfits and startsí stage again. The heating contractor was on site and all set to start the furnace yesterday and discovered that the regulator for the propane was defective (brand new) so couldnít complete that work. The appliance dealer said yesterday that the stove is now back ordered into January. The builder Dan said the drywall guy left a terrible mess of -expletives- all over that he has been cleaning up before he can do the floors. The materials for the floors need to be warmed by the not yet working heating plant before installing. Catch 22 abounds....but each day itís getting closer.

Glad to hear you had a good bíday, Jerry. Batten down the windows, the winds of change are blowing....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/19/2020 10:01:20 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  11:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

A chilly 28 this morning with a high of 54 here in Central NY as well as much of the week.

Rick thanks for the new lounge and the coffee. Figured a new one was due since I've never seen one go past 100 pages. Yes I was once a "lurker" but finally decided to join in and I'm glad I did.

Jerry hope you had a nice B'day and "batten" away. Sounds a little chilly; nice you were able to start a fire; in a fireplace I hope.

Karl hope you get things sorted out at the new place. Warmer weather would be nice; actually 50's & 60's for the entire winter sounds good to me.

Mike hope all goes well with the PT and with your Mom's hearing aides. Thankfully my hearing is still pretty good; I can still tune out the Mrs. when I need to...but don't tell her that.

Tom how's paradise; still enjoyable I hope.

Philip what's up?

You know what they say about "the best laid plans of mice and men". That was me yesterday the plan to relocate the Farm was not going to work out and I didn't want "to upset the apple cart". Going to leave it where it is for now until I come up with a better solution; I still have ample room to work on the bench. Having a new set of tires put on the car this afternoon so I don't slip and slide all winter; not that I get out that much anyway. Other than that not much else going on and still waiting for my parts; hopefully by week's end I'll have them.

Be safe, stay warm, and enjoy.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  2:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Paradise.

Larryc, it is definitely beautiful but so is Wisconsin just different and cooler.

Karl, I understand the stops and starts in the trainroom. Sounds like your contractor needs a time out. Wish I could say my doctor stuff is out of the way, glad for you. I do have an online appointment at 1pm on Friday which is 8 here. I spoke to our pharmarcy a few weeks ago about sending the meds here, no problem. Yesterday I emailed the pharmacy and we have a issue.

Jerry, I never would have guessed your age. Congrats again. Terry and I hit the beach at 7 this morning with the grandson, just a mile walk one way and then a mile back. Now I know why you walk the beach in NJ. Such a tranquil feeling.

Mike, how much longer on the PT?

Rick, thanks for opening the new lounger. The old Geezer himself would be proud. The pictures I took this morning washed out. Shot into the sun. I get one or 2 for posting. Thanks

7 days in and no end in sight. More golf today and another piece of property to look at. Now the realtor knows what we want along with the brotherís desires he has found what we want! I doubt it but I work with realtors all the time. He thought he had a sale before showing us the 1st piece. When Terry said no and tried to say itís the property the brother loved, it wasnít for us, so sad for him!

Have a great safe day, drink RUM, nothing else is working.
Tom

Edited by - tloc on 11/19/2020 2:17:46 PM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  11:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening folks,

Today went well at PT and taking Mom to Fort Worth to get new hearing aids. All went well.

Next PT will be after I return from vacation next week. We'll see if it is the last. The doc prescribed six weeks. Better than drugs he said! Indeed.

Chilin' tonight with music and adult beverage. Mostly blues from Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King, Michaela Rae, Albert King, Susan Tedeschi, and my fav, Etta James. All aided by a tall martini with jalapeno stuffed olives. Life is good.

The bar is set up for late nighters, Patron Silver, Bushmill single malt, Macallan 25 year old and of course Bombay Sapphire. Cheers!

Chat tomorrow,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  12:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike I'm late but I'll join you for a nightcap!

A nice Eagle Rare will work for me. I threw a couple of logs on the fire its 32 here in South Jersey.

Just enough to take the chill off. And it will be still warm when Rick gets here in the am!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  06:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Sunny, with a high near 63.

Boy, you guys sure are night owls.
I was fast asleep way before you set the bar up.

Karl, I agree completely with you about the group we have here.

Running a little behind so I have to run.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  08:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/40. Later 62.

Tom I don't feel the years yet! And the walk on the beach your right it just is so relaxing!

Work continues on the Mill windows are done and glazed will glue them in later. Then battens on that wall.

Jerry

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  09:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Forecast for 79į today. Sunny today, but looks like rain chances starting tomorrow. We haven't had rain in 20 days, so it is welcome.

Getting a haircut this morning, then pack for tomorrow.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  09:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 50s ó> ~60 the gal on the tv site said for today, then apparently one side of the weather room doesnít talk to the other as my warm info posted yesterday seems to be a bit optimistic with a cool off this week upcoming, maybe the warm is later. Who knows, itís the weather after all, look outside and thatís what youse all gots.

Workied outside yesterday, moved the Big Red FORD and itís accessories up by the barn/shop. Thoughts of peddling it in the back of my head. No room for it in the barn with all the green stuff in there. Sore today from the rarely used muscles I used yesterday.

Mike, you might add another to your Blues itinerary, Kenny Parker from Detroit. Damn good but under recognized due to where he is. https://www.kennyparkerband.com/ (Heís my baby bother, err...brother) Iíve added the ďRĒ in recent years.

Still contemplating today, breakfast first, guess Iíll go see Burley JIm.

L8R yíall. Be WELL, be safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  10:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from a mild 56 here in Central NY with a high of 61; I'll take it.

Rick thanks for coffee this morning. I'm right there with you. I retire about 9pm but am up @ 6:30 am; a habit I can't seem to break from all those years at work.

Jerry sounds like your making some nice progress. No ocean here to walk by but we do have the NYS canal system and we can walk down the "toe-path" which is shaded and quiet.

Karl blues are great to listen to; although I do prefer smooth jazz myself. Sore muscles...been there done that.

Mike enjoy the haircut and have a safe and healthy vacation.

Tom glad Hawaii is agreeing with you so well. Never been to Wisconsin so I'll have to take your word for it.

Philip how's things.

Had a nice surprise about 5pm yesterday. The lady who cuts my hair called and came back negative on her "mandatory covid test"; so I went over to here Shop and got a haircut since she lives 5 minutes from me. My parts came yesterday in the mail. Five days from order to door...not too shabby. Taking the Mrs for some blood work then out for a early dinner.

Have a great day. Be safe and healthy. Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  10:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Evening fellows! New lounge!

Laying low for the most part. Busy with Gena this week screwing off

Ah what a life!

I'll throw a log or 2 on the fire before I leave!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2020 :  07:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.

Tom, how are things on the islands?

Philip, enjoy your screwing off.

Larry, congrats on the haircut and parts.

Karl, you have a colorful barn/shop.

Mike, I guess yesterday was haircut day.

Jerry, congrats on the the windows.

Tossed a couple of logs on the fire to fight the chill this morning.
Won't need to do that later here it's supposed to be warm.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2020 :  08:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Grill is going we have pancakes with butter & Vermont maple syrup. Sides of bacon & sausage.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/41. Late on 63!

Tom has vacation going?

Battens are still the word of day here!

Not sure what's on the agenda today maybe a walk on the beach.

Jerry

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Rocktown & Olympus RR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000