Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 79 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday Morning Lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  07:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from blustery N.E. Indiana. Wind gusts yesterday at 50+ mph. Windchill down into the low teens. Foul weather gear today. The coffee urn is READY with Thermite Welded blend today. The special is a short stack with sausage patties and scrambled eggs on the side. All other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the line.

Yesterday was interesting, I started out at a local hospital to get a test at 0800. The staff didn't show up until 0915. Of course they want you there a half hour beforehand for their convenience. Driving home there was a lot of flying debris from the wind storm. The semi trucks were huddling into the Walmart parking lot. By the time I got home there wasn't a single leaf leaf on the trees. Summer and Fall are over.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing and painting some LP. Thankful we don't live in a mobile home.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  08:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning! It’ll be in the forties all day here in northern WV. Beautiful outside.

I’ll do some work around the house, walk a few miles, and do some modeling. I have nearly finished my latest structure, which took a little longer than I expected; I kept interrupting myself with other work.

Have a nice day everyone!

Mike

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  08:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

34, feels like 24, headed all the way to 39 and still under the grey blanket here in the northern mitten today. But they're claiming it's gonna stay dry out there, so maybe the contractors, who were due here an hour ago, will finally put in an appearance. Or not....

Made some progress on a passenger car yesterday, and with luck I'll be able to wrap that project today. But first, Duty Calls....

Make it a great day All, And stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  08:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's a sunny day in Hampton Roads with temps sneaking into the 60's. We had a breezy day yesterday. I picked a bike route that didn't have any long open stretches, but it had a lot of turns. Somehow no matter what direction I was headed, I was fighting a headwind.

We're off to Costco this morning. After some outdoor tasks, I hope to spend some time on my switching layout.

Have a good day.
George

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  09:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is 47 at the moment going up to 52. We had a nasty storm roll through last evening with heavy rain and wind. Apparently, some large branches or trees came down because there are several closed roads this morning.

We went to pick up the new kitchen chairs and table on Saturday. The chairs fit in the wife’s Sportage but the table did not, so we are going to have to get that delivered. No sure what happened to the rest of Saturday. We stopped at few places on the way home with the chairs but before I knew it was bedtime.

Sunday, I assembled the chairs. We changed over the tablecloths on the dining room and kitchen tables and did some other household cleaning.

I weathered the two Intermountain boxcars that were on the bench. I need to seal them. I also prepped four more of the Atlas Trainman offset hoppers for weathering. I now have twelve hoppers in the pipeline for weathering.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  09:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from S.E. Michigan where it is 36 degrees with a wind chill of 26. Overcast skies prevail.

We had those high winds move through here early yesterday afternoon. Power went out at 1:15 p.m. and is still out. We had had our Generac serviced a few weeks ago and it has been keeping us in electricity very nicely. At our age, I would not like to be living in this area without a whole house generator. Losing power is not a rare event.

Here is the current outage map in our area. The outage shadings get much more dense as you move south and east of us. They are saying it might be 48 hours before we get it back on. That would be just in time for the nest forecast high wind days.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  09:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim, crew an those that the wind blew in. Rainy, cold and the wind has died down some.

Was out last night, 11:00PM in the ark, with the wife zipping up the "garage in a box" door in a 40 to 50 mile an hour wind. Got'er all tied down finally. Amazing what wind can do to a large sail. Going to inspect for damage inside later today.

Hopefully some modeling thrown in there to night.

Stay warm and safe.

Bernd

WWG1WGA

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  10:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A brief peek at the sun today as I started this sentence, but it’s gone just like that.

The had been emboldened by the election results, I guess, and imposed new declarations of how the sheep should live.

We had some of that big wind, too, but managed, thankfully, to avoid being a green polygon on the power grid. Big dents in the wooden area from being knocked on.

The season continues, this nimrod just was seen down the road:

Funny thing, he talks just like the first Police Chief I worked for, Bahh Howe fwom the Thitty of Tawatt (City of Charlotte) he was a trip, true small town low level corrupt cheap skate. He police chiefed on the side from his main job as an eewecktrician....had all his tools in the trunk of his city car. Back in the day’s before “free” long distance cell phones he’d stop in at the Sheriff Dept and find an open office, set down at someone’s desk and use our direct line to nearby Lansing and order his supplies and conduct any business he had that was a toll call.

Told the Doll to turn off her phone today after 3 BS calls from the builder in the UP, his baloney and mind games is wearing thin. Her even temper has done well all summer pushing a prodding to get things done. The quality of work the guy’s son does is phenomenal but the bull is relentless at times.

We spent the afternoon at one of the daughter’s yesterday, the Doll and her chicks had a nice afternoon of frivolity, much needed. One girl’s mother in law in going on a week in the hospital with little improvement from Covid and her 12yr old pooch is on the short time list as well. I managed to watch the first whole pro football game in years with the son in law. The Ford Football clowns managed to gain a 24-3 lead and totally blow it in the second half until the final 3 seconds and managed a kick to pick up a rare “W” from an equally inept crew, the Washington wtf knows, that set a fine example the ineptitude from thier domicile in DC.

Enough inanity, everyone have a fine day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday Morning Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000