Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 230 ]  [ Total: 232 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Friday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  06:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from cold 23f and clear N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Boilermaker blend today. The special is an egg, cheese, and sausage patty bagel. Hot chocolate and all other beverages along with the oatmeal pot at the end of the line. Watch your social distancing in that line. You may remove your mask while eating. Saw some good news on the vaccines.I'm ready!

Yesterday, I got wrapped up in a little build project that was a lot of fun. A couple of baggage carts. Today, I'm running down South to see what progress a buddy has made on his layout since his new furnace went in. Switched from geothermal to propane. His geothermal system was 20 years old and took a dive. The new furnace is about a fourth the size of the old system. Recovered some basement railroad real estate in a hurry.

The story History Center is closed this weekend, so that task is off the list.

Have a safe and Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  08:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 25 degrees under sunny skies here in S.E. Michigan. We will reach the low 40's later today.

An emergency trip down to JoAnn's this morning for some kind of drapery hook things. A stop at the grocery store on the way home. That is about all the excitement for today.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  08:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We're going to be squeaking into the 60's later today, so I'll wait till late morning for my bike ride.

I started working on my cassettes. I'm having to make some changes to the edge of the layout because of poor planning. I'm learning as I go.

Have a good day.

George

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  08:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Jim and crew it is 31 and foggy here in SE Ohio when I got up at 6:30 it was 27. Today will be a casual day maybe a bike ride and train work.

Be safe wear a Mask

Mark

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  08:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew. Itís a foggy 34F in northern WV with high of 53F expected. We will dress warmly when we go out today.

I finished one drywall seam but for the sanding and am well along the way on the other one. I painted sky on my backdrops and might do land today. Van Gogh I am not, but Iím getting the effect I want.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  08:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim and incoming crew. Cool 37F and sunny in up state New York.

Quick run to the post office for stamps and then to the grocery store for milk with the other half. Then it's trash day. The local transfer station is open and I need to get rid of some of the accumulated trash that was cleaned up from the 1:1 projects I did.

The order is in to Smooth-On for silicone rubber for the molds and Amazon for the 3M Adhesive tape for the rock crusher. Now it's a waiting game for the materials to come. The last mold was finished yesterday. Now ready for the molding rubber when it arrives.

Have a nice day everybody and stay safe.

Bernd

WWG1WGA

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  09:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passing thru. Up late, no plans, Div 5 has a zoom meeting at 1. Not interested.

Be Well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  10:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The skill in drywall taping is in how -little- you do :-) Despite lots of practice, I never got to the "tape, mud, sand twice" point. It was more like "tape, mud, sand, more mud, sand, sand, touch up some mud, sand, sand." :-(

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  1:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear that, Dave. Iím still finding dust from drywalling my layout room a dozen years ago. Even the pro doing our cottage has a bit of dust around but his work is terrific, if $$.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Michael M
New Hire

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  3:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
68 degrees and clear in San Bernardino CA

Moving the log dump to a different area. Nothing fancy; just a simple Jill poke to push logs off the cars. The move will free up some room for additional dual gauge trackage.

Making a little (very little) progress on a scratch built mail/express car.

Michael M

Nye, Inyo & Esmeralda Railroad

Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Friday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000