Railroad Line Forums - Friday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 264 ]  [ Total: 270 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  06:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from 37f and raining N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Railbender blend today. The special is biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs and sausage patties on the side. All other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the serving line.

I finished off the leaf work yesterday as the winds from Wednesday cleaned off most of the remaining ones. I also fired up the milling machine and played around with some aluminum parts I had in the works. "Played" is the operative word there.

When I came in from the shop, I received some bad news. The gentleman who brought the History Center into existence had passed yesterday morning. He battled cancer for 5 years and lost the fight. He had been very enthusiastic about the station I was building, and had seen photos of it during construction. He had been at the nursing home and couldn't see the finished model first hand. I was going to present it tomorrow, but I'll wait a couple of weeks.

Don't walk under ladders on this Friday the 13th.

Stay safe, Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  08:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Friday the 13th, Jim and crew. The rain has about stopped here in Tidewater Virginia. Yesterday it was heavy with local flooding. I saw a car nose down in a deep ditch filled with water. Can't figure how the car got there - it was in a 25 mph zone.

I'm planning to start working on the cassettes for my fiddle yard. I'll be hand laying track, all straight, listening to tunes on Pandora to entertaining me.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  08:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, George and the rest of the crew. The sun is starting to break out of the clouds here in S.E. Michigan. We had some rain over night, but that is finished now. Our high temp today should be in the low 40's.

I also finished the last of the fall cleanup yesterday. The gas tanks on the hand mower, weed whacker, leaf vac and leaf blower are all drained and that equipment stored for the winter. At some point in the next week I will drop the mowing deck off the Kubota and put the snow blower on.

A few errands are on the agenda for this morning once I have my second cup of coffee.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  08:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, from chilly northern WV. Sun expected later.

Did some drywall joint repair yesterday and will continue today. Itís going well, t think. On layout work, I got ready to paint backdrop, sat down to listen to a radio show, and started to work on my water tank model. That went smoothly and I never got back to the backdrop. Maybe today.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  08:50:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE've had rain overnight and it's breezy 39 soaring up to a scalding 41 if the forecast holds forth.

I haven't seen the deer crew pass thru this morning, the big buck yesterday was a pleasant surprise.

Breakfast looks good, Jim, oat goo here most likely, threw most of mine out yesterday.

I winterized the pressure washer and rearranged parking in the shop/barn yesterday. Next year I should build a shelter for the mowing deck and lift scoop for the Deere. Probably be North more than this year, so maybe not.

Dave E, it sounds like you have the same excuses and reasons I do for not getting anything done on the layout.

Everyone have a good day. Safe and Well....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  1:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon folks

It is 50 going up to 40. Looks a lot better now than did earlier this morning. Sun is out compared to the rain.

Busy morning. I had to run my son out to West Chester University for his job. He is observing the opening and counting of provisional and military ballots. His job was supposed to end after Election Day but they keep extending him. He is beginning to wonder if it will ever end. A good thing may have come out of his days of watching ballot counting as he may be offered a job working in a state representatives office handling public policy issues. He needs to finish his masterís in public policy. He took a semester off due to the election and COVID. I think he has two semesters to go. He was in a four one program at Temple and completed his bachelorís in political science in the spring.

I got home and started cleaning the breakfast nook. Tomorrow we have to pick up a new kitchen table and two chairs to replace the ones we have in the nook. We got two chairs a few weeks back so this will finish the set. Guess who has to build them?

I prepped four more coal hoppers for weathering. I hope to finish weathering the last two RTR boxcars. Then I will start on the coal hoppers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000