Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 259 ]  [ Total: 266 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sunday Morning Lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  06:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from brrrisk N.E. Indiana 27f with 19f windchill. The coffee urn is READY with Caboose Stove blend today. I fired up the hot chocolate pot as well. The special is a breakfast burrito w/wo chorizo. Other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the serving line.

I spent most of yesterday out in the shop, making room for the snow plowing tractor. It's in there and sitting at the ready. Last evening I went to one of my op session buddy's place and checked out the elevated staging arrangement he installing. His entire basement is dedicated to the layout. The staging yard is 50' long mostly 4 tracks wide, with 8 track widths at each end. The 'stage' is overhead, and monitored with video cameras. I guess it is really 'over the top'. Mostly built with donated code 100 rail. He added his 15th and 16th booster to power the stage. we're ready for the vaccine.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  08:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew. Itís a chilly 46F with clouds here in northern WV. High of 51F expected.

I didnít do much practical work yesterday so I think I will today. We picked a color for the room Iím renovating even though it will be a while before I reach that point. I might do some outdoor tasks if motivated in that direction.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  08:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another day of rain......so another day of office and shop time.

Working through my molds of trolley and traction components. Those all seem to be in good order. Parts are popping out like clockwork.

Finished writing an article and have to navigate the on-line submission system - hate dealing with those, but it beats the good old days of printing up 5-7 copies and dropping everything into the mail, I guess.

Get that off my desk and then I can regroup to making a set of slides for an upcoming presentation....while pouring more resin!

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  08:25:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We don't have your cold weather here in Tidewater, Virginia, Jim, but we have plenty of rain. No outdoor activities today.

I moved my switching layout from the garage to the house yesterday, so I'll be working on aligning the staging area and making cassettes.

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  08:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
25--->50 with heavy frost this morning, a short look at the sun is starting to cloud over already.

No plans, no news, 6 months until May...

Just had a 10-12 point buck saunter across the back yard and fade into the pines, followed a moment later by a young doe....to be a fly on the ďwallĒ....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/12/2020 09:11:37 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  08:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is 34 degrees right now under sunny skies. We will get up near 50 degrees later today.

Trips to the barber shop and to get the flu shot were both successful yesterday. Since this will be the nicest day for a while, I will do a little outdoor work this morning.

No other real plans.

Have a great day!

Bruce

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  12:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How's eveybody been I haven't been following rr-line in quite some time.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  2:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was downright warm last night, got down to maybe 64 outside and the house stayed warmer. Falling temps all day today, and the NH Seacoast should be back to seasonal tomorrow. That piece of Indian Summer was nice while it lasted. But at least we've been getting some rain.

I'm in a bit of a modeling funk right now. I really need a new project to get the juices flowing, there are some major projects that I'm just not motivated to do, so I need something intermediate that will get me back into the groove. Between house projects and the geology class, I've been a bit distracted...

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  3:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

It was downright warm last night, got down to maybe 64 outside and the house stayed warmer. Falling temps all day today, and the NH Seacoast should be back to seasonal tomorrow. That piece of Indian Summer was nice while it lasted. But at least we've been getting some rain.

I'm in a bit of a modeling funk right now. I really need a new project to get the juices flowing, there are some major projects that I'm just not motivated to do, so I need something intermediate that will get me back into the groove. Between house projects and the geology class, I've been a bit distracted...

dave

Dave,

Start using your geology skills and put small rocks (aka ballast gravel) on the layout.

Jim

Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  5:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LandNnut

How's eveybody been I haven't been following rr-line in quite some time.

Jon, good to hear from you again. All is well here. Here is now Michigan, not New Jersey.

Bruce

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  6:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, no ballast until I get rough scenery in place, and probably not until I get at least some finish scenery done.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  04:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruce thanks for the reply. If you are in rural Michigan that has got be better that New Jersey right? Lower taxes, less regulation, more freedom, better neighbors etc.? Hope so. I am always pleased when a person or company is able to move to a state or location with more freedom. Regards: Jon

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  07:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of those qualities, plus we are now 20 minutes from one of our sons.

Bruce

Previous Topic: Sunday Morning Lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000