Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 211 ]  [ Total: 217 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  06:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Veteran's Day! If you took the oath, to protect this country from all enemies foreign and domestic, thank you! If you remember someone who did, thank you!

Good morning all from N.E. Indiana where the temp dropped 30 degrees overnight and showers right now. The coffee urn is ready with Caboose Stove blend, which is taking the chill out of the lounge this morning. The special is a short stack and sausage patties or bacon, scrambled eggs on the side. All other beverages and the oatmeal pot is at the end of the line.

Yesterday, I drove North about 40 miles to present an old modeler his first AP award certificate. He has been active for years, and never had 'the time' to fill out a little paperwork. Anyway, he was happy that he filled out the form to recognize his work. I got back early enough to continue cleaning up/out the shop. A neverending task.

I've got an old Shinohara Double Xover that needs to repaired, and 'DCC readied' that I'll work on this morning while the rain continues.

Have a Super Day!

Jim

Take the red pill
Take the red pill

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  08:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim Happy Veterans Day to those served I was in Army Artillery during Vietnam spent all my time in Germany. No breakfast for me have a procedure for GERDS this morning!! maybe train work this afternoon.

Hope all are well

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  08:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Mark and the rest of the crew. It is 47 degrees here in S.E. Michigan under sunny skies. That will be about the high temperature moving on thru the day.

Off the see the barber this morning. Probably get the flu shot this afternoon.

Finished up the leaf job for the year yesterday.

Have a great day!

Bruce

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  08:19:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Day to all you Vets out there, not just those from the USA. I really admire the UK/Canadian/NZ/Australian tradition of wearing a poppy to commemorate. (I lost mine :-( :-( ) I was fortunate, no deployments while I was on active duty, and my Guard unit was not called up for Desert Storm.

I spent some time last night trying to figure out if I can put the small coal tower in the engine lead to the turntable in the visible staging yard/narrow gauge interchange. So far, no luck.

Me as a cadet (Arnold Expedition bicentennial reenactment, 1975)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 11/11/2020 12:57:20 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  08:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Happy Veteran's Day to my fellow veterans.

I picked this up off Facebook and thought it puts a lot of things in perspective.

This has got to be one of the most powerful photographs I have ever seen. Above is a battalion of the Cameron Highlanders in 1914, prior to being despatched to the front line; below is the same battalion upon their return in 1918 after the armistice. On this day of the centennial anniversary of the armistice I would like to remember the millions of souls who gave their lives defending our shores and preserving our freedom, and to those who survived the unimaginable horrors. Lest we forget.

George

Fly Army

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  08:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A rainy day................no leaf raking!

A nice quiet, calm day in the office and shop, and a bit of reading.

Working through a few pounds of resin since I've got parts to cast to meet an order; dragged out all the molds and sorted them out; slightly surprised at the number that have just deteriorated and will get tossed out. I have the masters of course and so could make new ones, but maybe I don't need these molds anymore. Things change.....

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  09:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good day, crew. Rainy with forecasts of more here in northern WV.

No outdoor work today. Iíll probably rake later in the week; fill up the compost bin. Iíll continue working on ceiling drywall repairs. Modeling? Yes. Not sure what right now.

Have a great day, everyone! Stay dry.

Mike

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  10:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

Dark and cloudy this morning. Looks and feels like rain. Temperature is 6 719 at the moment. High is predicated to be 71.

After yesterdayís crawling around placing the netting over the fishpond I am surprised how little pain there is this morning. I need to rearrange a couple of the kitchen cabinets. Seems like the stuff we donít need keeps getting in the way of the stuff we need.

I weathered three more boxcars. I assembled a Bowser N5 caboose kit. It is lettered for Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines.

Today I hope to weather the last two RTR boxcars and the PRSL caboose.

I hope everybody has a good day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  12:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a nice long note ready to post a couple hours ago, but my DSL, damnable slow line, dropped off when I went to submit reply. It appears to be back up now, after Iíve been out.

Sobering reality in those photos George posted.

Veterans Day thanks to all our veteran members from one who sat on the side lines battling home front issues for nearly 30 years.

Just at the body shop and Mustang Mike said the damage is considerably more than the estimate by photos that AAA did. Heís going to do a revised estimate and submit it to the insurance people. Iíve pretty well decided with this happening to the truck that Iíll be letting the truck go at the end of the lease in March.

Iím going to spend more time at home for awhile staying out of the stream of what ever it is going around. Lots of model things to get at, just need to give my attitude a kick.

Cloudy and 40 today, sure a kick in the tail after the great weekend. We had a short duration but intense blast of wind, heavy rain and thunder around 10-10:30 last evening.

Everyone have a good day. Be safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/11/2020 12:34:19 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  5:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all of those that borne the battle'. Today you are saluted'..

Ted

Edited by - quartergauger48 on 11/11/2020 7:58:52 PM

Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000