Railroad Line Forums - Building the Pennsylvania & New York Rail Road
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 251 ]  [ Total: 255 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Building the Pennsylvania & New York Rail Road
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bollinger Edgerly  Whitefield Junction kit Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Page: of 19

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  7:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job on the roof. We're so fortunate to have several good suppliers of shingles today.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  7:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Pete.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  7:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by railman28

Nice job on the roof. We're so fortunate to have several good suppliers of shingles today

Bob, thank you. The BEST shingles have definitely become one of my go-to products now. I also like the historical nature of their kits, which are based on prototypes.

Mike

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  10:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, you need to be more specific about the music you're listening to. It might be a modeling tip for making good looking roofs.

George

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  11:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
George, thank you.

Half the blues songs written mention trains, so maybe thatís the secret.

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  03:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike. the shingles look fabulous. They always do so much enhance the look of any timber building.
Here's some music while you do the other half.

Peter Green Splinter Group - Live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0dC7mV4GuQ

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, It's still popular

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  09:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with all before me Mike. Great looking job with your roofing material. But, for me it's Country Music or everything stops.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  10:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robert goslin

Hi Mike. the shingles look fabulous. They always do so much enhance the look of any timber building.
Here's some music while you do the other half.

Peter Green Splinter Group - Live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0dC7mV4GuQ

Thank you, Rob. Iíll be sure to listen to it. Back in the 70ís I picked up ď Fleetwood Mac in ChicagoĒ which I played a lot. Youíve reminded me I have it. Iíll have to pull it off my shelf of vinyl and give it a listen once more.

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  10:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover

I agree with all before me Mike. Great looking job with your roofing material. But, for me it's Country Music or everything stops.

Thank you, Louis.

I spent many happy hours in my best buddyís basement assembling models for his layout and listening to the new country station. I got into the early stuff such as the Carter Family. I have about every song that Hank Williams recorded on vinyl and recently arranged a fingerpicking accompaniment to ďMind Your Own BusinessĒ. I saw the museum and Hall of Fame three years ago with that best buddy, who now lives in Nashville.

Mike

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  1:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike great looking roof. That's a lot of area to cover. Nice job on the random look; it's music-to-my-ears.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  3:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Larry.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  11:23:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iíve completed several important but tedious steps: glazing the windows, shingling the roof, and carving a plaster ďstoneĒ foundation.

The chimney is a Tichy part, painted burnt sienna, washed with a dilute Bragdon gray powder, and wiped clean to leave mortar.

Iím really happy with the BEST shingles. Iíll be using them again.

The foundation will not be visible on the front and trackside so the foundation does not go all around.

With glazing complete Iíve started installing windows and doors. Meanwhile Iíll be working on steps, porches and a trackside platform.

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 08/01/2020 11:27:00 AM

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  11:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like the way this is shaping up, Mike! Bravo!

Pete
in Michigan

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  12:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's looking good Mike. The chimney in particular. did you add curtains before installing the windows? What material did you carve your stones into?

Bob

It's only make-believe

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  1:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike this is really shaping up nicely. The roof and chimney look amazing. Nice job despite it being tedious.

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: Bollinger Edgerly  Whitefield Junction kit Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000