Railroad Line Forums - Building the Pennsylvania & New York Rail Road
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 237 ]  [ Total: 239 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Building the Pennsylvania & New York Rail Road
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bollinger Edgerly  Whitefield Junction kit Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Page: of 19

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  12:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this phase. sounds like a east coast version of my neighborhood.

Bob

It's only make-believe

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  9:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mike, How far north did the prototype extend to the North? Does your version end in Auburn or go north to the ore docks on Fair Haven Bay.

The reason I ask is that I personally know the superintendent of the HOn3 North Coast Railroad. It runs along Lake Ontario between Williamson, Sodus and Oswego.

He would consider trading trackage rights in the interest of helping the both railroads take tonnage from the New York Central.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  10:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep this up Mike, and you will end building the entire US Rail System. Go for it!

Jim

Take the red pill

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  09:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Well Mike on to bigger and better things. What RR could do without a company store.

Frank

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  09:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can I add my personal business car for the train ride on this layout?

Definitely will be following along with the progress of this line as it expands into NY.

Bernd

WWG1WGA

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  10:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Bob, David, Jim, Frank and Bernd.

Bob, I think our visions are very similar these days.

David, the LV did indeed run up to Faif Haven via the P&NY and the Southern Central. We will have to work out a point to interchange.

Jim, I think itís business as usual: expand or die.

Frank, one nice feature is this is one of those company stores served by the railroad.

Bernd, except for a decadeís worth ov living here and there, Iíve spent my life in NYS and the Appalachians. This is like modeling home from the Finger Lakes to the mountains.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  12:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your era is at the edge of the Erie's wide gauge, Mike. If you model the Waverly area, will you include the Erie wide gauge? I think there was an ore transfer facility in Waverly to transfer to the Erie from the LV.

edit: I just checked Robert Archer's Lehigh Valley book. There is a full page photo of the coal pocket, which is what I referred to above, on page 50.

Chuck

Edited by - wvrr on 07/13/2020 7:45:19 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  4:01:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Mike, you are doing great work along with your historical information. Looking forward to seeing more progress'...

Ted

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  8:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Ted!

Chuck, although that would be an impressive scene, I donít plan to model it. Waverly is a little west of the Soothern Central/P&NY connection. Also, the time and space required would not pay off in operation interest. I enjoy building large structures but after building a 150í coal shed and 200í car shop Iím done with large buildings for a while. I have a couple more photos of that transfer trestle so could do a credible job. I believe that about the time Iím modeling a third rail was laid on the Erie to Buffalo, eliminating need for transfer.

Mike

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  10:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, onto the next 100 page thread.
I'm liking you progress so far.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, It's still popular

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  09:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Rob.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  12:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iíve reached this point in building the company store:

Iíll be working on the roof next.

Mike

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  1:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice sharp, clean progress.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  1:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Nice sharp, clean progress.

What Bill said!

Bravo!

Pete
in Michigan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  1:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Bill and Pete!

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: Bollinger Edgerly  Whitefield Junction kit Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000