Railroad Line Forums - Building the Pennsylvania & New York Rail Road
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 248 ]  [ Total: 253 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Building the Pennsylvania & New York Rail Road
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bollinger Edgerly  Whitefield Junction kit Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Page: of 19

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  6:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Håkan!

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  7:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm late to the party, but looks good Mike!

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  7:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Carl!

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  8:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Carl!

CNE1899
New Hire

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  1:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
I haven't posted recently, but I have been following.
The store turned out fantastic and the water tower looks great as well!
Thanks for taking the time to post the in-process shots.

Edited by - CNE1899 on 09/25/2020 1:27:15 PM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  2:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Scott. I appreciate the kind words.

You reminded me that I haven’t posted any progress for a couple weeks. I’ve been a little stalled as I work on outdoor projects. I received some decals I ordered so I might be switching to car building.

Mike

CNE1899
New Hire

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  3:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
I understand, I've been rebuilding several windows. I have only had bits of time to work on trains.
At the moment I am learning a layout modeling App, a 3D modeling program, researching a prototype for a layout,
building the camelback, hopper cars, a rock scow, and drawing up a Western dump car. With ADD I just jump from
item to item. And I am trying to cram all this into those bits of time.

I am in awe of how some of you on this forum get so much accomplished!

Edited by - CNE1899 on 09/25/2020 3:31:17 PM

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  10:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Your company store is a very nice, well-built structure, but it's unfortunate that the front won't be seen to the viewer. I like it.
I have seen water towers that were built like yours before, but I think most often I would choose to construct one totally vertical, and not tapered. You will have a unique tower when completed. Good work!

Rich

Greg Rich
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  2:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
The company store shows the meticulous attention to detail by the Company owners, first class and "spiffy" clean. Your water tank with the enclosed bottom is going to be a real eye catcher I'm sure.
Good stuff!
Greg R.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  3:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rich and Greg, Thank you.

Rich, I considered building just the visible side, but I change and rebuild scenes so often that I decided to build a complete facade.

Greg, the company store is new and “spiffy” looking because it would have been new in the period I’m modeling. I do need to add a little grime, but not much.

Mike

Greg Rich
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  4:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Agreed. You've done a fine job. Some buildings are new, some not so new. It is good to have both paying compliment to one another. It gives the RR a sense of history.
Greg R.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  7:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a little catching up to do, Mike. The tank is really looking good. And, now I can really see the taper. Great idea with the spacer.

Chuck

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  9:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks great Mike! Interesting angle design on the cat walk.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  5:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Back on page 1 I showed the four scratchbuilt boxcars that I had painted and were waiting for decals. They are now complete:

The big holdup was decals. A few weeks ago I put together artwork for three variants of Lehigh Valley cars and sent it off to be made. The artwork was required to be in vector format, so I learned Inkscape.

The two foreground cars have been weathered.

On to the next set of cars.

Mike

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  5:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice! I think most model RRs don't have enough "home road" cars, and that's a particular problem for layouts that model uncommon eras, because there's so few RTR cars and decals.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: Bollinger Edgerly  Whitefield Junction kit Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000