Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 242 ]  [ Total: 248 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  08:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good luck at the windshield repair place.

Jerry, have you made a batten count?

Karl, love the Elmer quip. Good luck at the eye doc.

Tom, the clinic was presented at a Lone Star Region, Division One Zoom meeting. I'll post a link to the presentation on my website.

It's cool on the Brazos at 38F, but forecast for 74F this afternoon.

Mom's blood draw went well. Wish mine went so easily.

I have to perform a Masonic funeral at noon, and have a meeting tonight, so all day I will be at the lodge working.

Have fun and be say,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  09:01:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Good luck with the Dr.
I sent the package by mail hold on it will be there eventually.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/33. Later on a whopping 43!!

Work continues on the Mill.

Karl don't feel bad we have an idiot for a Governor to.

Mike looks like you've been a busy guy the last few days.

Diane has a Dr. appointment today new Dr. She didn't like the one she was going to!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  09:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning!

Chilly and Chili, can't beat that Karl!

Have a good one!

Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  10:08:19 AM  Show Profile
Morning Gents,

Chilly 36 out this morning with a high of only 39 degrees...Brrr.

Rick thanks for the coffee and good luck with the Cardio Dr. and the windshield. I can't really complain about the Escape. It's a 2015 that I bought 2 years ago with only about 19000 miles on it for a good price. This is the first repairs that I've needed to do.

Tom nice that you have those kinds of facilities for your use. Enjoy the golf.

Karl I've talked to some store managers at various places, after being in the business for many years myself, and they have problems getting various products at times. Another lockdown certainly won't help the situation. We have been trying to stay ahead on basic items just in case. Hope the eye Dr. goes well. Nothing like homemade chili when it's "chilly". Enjoy.

Mike sure glad your retired, otherwise when would you find the time to work.

Jerry looking forward to a pic of your work. I'm sure you'll get the battens done soon. Persist! Hope the Mrs. likes her new Dr.; you really need someone that you feel comfortable with especially now.

Philip those are some nice looking charts that you've made. Are you going to color the tops of the letters & numbers at all?

Well I was supposed to get a haircut this morning but the lady that cuts my hair had to have a state-mandated Covid test so she has to self quarantine until she gets the results back; hopefully soon then I'll reschedule. She feels fine BTW.

Since I'm waiting for some parts to arrive, for both the Farm and my new project, I've been poking around the forum looking at similar projects. The degree of craftsmanship that I've seen is remarkable! The bar has been set high and hopefully I can come close to it.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe as well as healthy.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  7:58:55 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon from Paradise. Nice weather but food prices at the grocery store had Terry gasping for air this morning.
Also, the paper product aisle was pretty empty and cleaning supplies, nope not there either. Veggies here are priced like
Bitcoin prices and Telsa stocks. Fish though is so cheap you should eat it every day. Well, someone has to pay for paradise.

Miss my trains but thatís all I miss from Wisconsin right now. Golf, boy wish I had these opportunities when I was in my 40ís.
I broke 90 yesterday but I donít enjoy it like I used to. The grandson came along and has a nice swing but no patience at ďI will
be 7 next week poppaĒ. Lots of time for him to learn. My brother loves to cook, my wife loves to bake and my daughter loves
to watch the. Everything though here is done in his outdoor kitchen and on the grill except for breakfast eggs. We r having a
good time but I am getting antsy. This evening we are having a big early t-giving meal minus the turkey. The son and g/f head
back to Texas tomorrow evening. My SIL and daughter celebrate #13 tomorrow and they r heading to another island for a couple
nights, we will keep the grandkids.

Be safe
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  06:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 40.

Karl, hope thinks went well at the doc's and the chili was delicious.

Tom, did you get my email?

Larry, I've seen your modeling and know your next project will be a good one.

Philip, done with laundry yet?

Jerry, still no package and I agree with you about our gov.

Mike, is the outdoor cabinet done?

Things went well at the cardio Dr.
No restrictions on physical activity.
Need to take a low dose aspirin daily and prescribed a 5mg statin which I'm not thrilled with.
I told him my concerns and he said it is the most studied drug out there and a lot of false information out there.

Never made it to the glass shop.
Try again today along with meal prep and other chores.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  07:38:07 AM  Show Profile
Another chilly day with enough chili left over to ward it off after I get back from the eye doc.

The regular Doc gave me an encouraging report, but half the labs he'd asked for didn't get ordered. I'm fasting this am and will stop to see Dracula before the eye doc.

The Doll is still feuding with Bob, aka F-bomb Bob.

Governor/ness put them all out in a boat somewhere and call in an airstrike....better be careful, someone might rat me out for having those thoughts.

Rick I have a passel(sp) of stuff I take, I take a full aspirin with my stuff as well as Multivitamin, Vitamins C, D and Zinc.

Time to get rolling, everyone have a good day. Be well and safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  08:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Your cardio report doesn't sound bad. I've been taking statins for over 33 years and am still here....

Larry, good luck with the barber. I think when I worked, I did a better job of prioritizing my activities and got a lot more done.

Tom, paradise sounds nice. I could eat fish every day.

Jerry, how was the new doc?

Karl, heaven forbid we get thought police...

No plans today excepting cooking something fun. I would like to hit the shop for a while and work on the door framing. I am cutting half lap joints for the corners using tenon and carcass saws.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  08:24:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
5mm is nothing Ric. Be safe than open heart surgery.

Later on today Happy Hour there will be cake in celebration of my 79th birthday!!
Of course the bar will be open as usual.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/33. Later 42.

All the sides are done that I need to start the building just need the windows and finish the battens. The other remaining walls I don't need until the end after the inside is done.

That's it from here.

Everyone have a great day I will!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  08:32:30 AM  Show Profile
Cake is in the fridge for later this afternoon.
Happy Birthday Jerry!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  09:44:15 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Jerry

Awefully old cake, 11-14?

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/18/2020 09:46:22 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  10:15:03 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Awefully old cake, 11-14?

I got it cheap.

Plus I figured virtual cake tastes just as good as IRL cake does.

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  10:21:34 AM  Show Profile
Morning Gents,

Well....it was bound to happen sooner or later. About an inch of snow fell last night...yuk! A cold 21 this morning with a high of only 34 today. The good news is that it's going back up into the 50's starting tomorrow.

Rick thanks for the coffee. I agree with the others a 5mg dose, which is probably the lowest available, sure beats surgery anytime. Would the cake be classified as "an oldie but a moldy"? Thanks for the encouragement concerning my next project.

Karl warmed up chili usually tastes better than the first time. Don't let Dracula take too much blood; it's nice to have some left for yourself. Nice to hear that your taking zinc along with vitamins C&D; keeps the ole immune system working at it's peak. The Mrs and I have been on that regiment since last April; no vaccines for me.

Mike I know what you mean about working and doing other stuff; but I guess that's one of the perks of retirement having more free time. Good luck in the shop and be careful. What's for dinner?

Jerry "Happy Birthday" and your 79th...good for you and hope that you have many more! Enjoy your day and have fun building.

Tom I'm glad that your enjoying paradise so much. Helps to recharge the batteries.

Philip hope all's well with you and Gina.

Going to replace a lockset on the bathroom door today and hopefully put the Farm in it's new location and get the bench back in order; can't stand a messy work area.

Enjoy, be safe, and stay healthy!

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  11:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Happy birthday Jerry!

Well old man winter showed up. Yesterday stored the bird bath, hummer feeders/cleaned are ready for next year God willing! 28 this morning.

Grocery shopping today and some shop work. coffee!

Have a good one!
Philip

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  11:22:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! Funny thing I don't feel older!

I guess it's true what they say its just a number. And your only as old as you feel!

Is it to early for an Eagle Rare!!

See you all at the party.

Oh the cake looks fine to me you sure it wasn't left over from your party Rick??

Jerry

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000