Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 171 ]  [ Total: 177 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  07:41:23 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Hope all goes well.

Weather in South Jersey P. sunny/68 later on.

No wood package still in transit from FL. only has been 7 days priority!!

Cape was great we couldn't believe how many people were out down there. I guess the weather brought everyone out!
Had a great time and lunch with our friends.

Philip hope you feeling okay today.

Larry hope you finish up the yard work and get back to the farm.

Tom & mike keep at the PT it can only do you good.

Karl have a safe trip.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  08:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning! Feeling alright..seems to be healing..no dry socket. The wife is improving by leaps and bounds!

The lead shot dispenser is finished until I noticed the holes in the lid are missing on the compartments. I will also flip the lid 180į to hide where the supports were place on the leading edge. oh well.

Have a great day! P

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  09:02:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Another great weather day in Wisconsin. A planned scenic trip and hobby store stops yesterday didnít go as planned. We ended up meeting Terryís sister, the first time not in a legal environment since their momís funeral. Terry was fine until we got about 1/2 way home when she finally and really needed to blow up.

Rick, kind of surprised you were still home at 5:11am, have a great procedure, rest the weekend away.

Mike, no teeth visits to the dentist, thatís Philip. Thankfully one of my good healthy things are my teeth, but thanks anyway. Friday dinners in Wisconsin are generally some sort of fried fish or in my case shrimp. We also have fish generally another day of the week to. The pork tenderloin is another favorite but gets grilled.

Have a safe day
TomO

Edit.

Philip, no dry socket is a great thing, congrats

Karl, FYI I agree with you. I think acronyms are crazy and over used. Yesterday though I was have issues with spelling the frozen stuff falling with the P word that I couldnít spell.

Edited by - tloc on 11/06/2020 09:07:25 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  10:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Morning Gents,

Rick thanks for the coffee and good luck today.

Mike sounds like the PT is really helping your hip; good deal. Hopefully you won't go into "sticker shock" buying the lumber; it's really expensive here right now. Dinner sounds yummy.

Jerry glad you enjoyed your time at the Cape. Today will probably the last day of yard work, then it's back to the farm.

Philip glad your dentist went well. I had a cracked tooth once and the Dentist removed it in 2 pieces in under 5 minutes. Wow that part is really small. 3D printers have changed our hobby quite a lot.

Tom family stuff can get kind of intense sometimes and it's better to rant than bottling it all up inside. Not much of a fish person but deep fried bay scallops are the exception.

Karl hope you had a safe trip and enjoy.

Another really nice day here in Central NY going well up into the 60's. Time to get out the snowblower and get that serviced and running for a bit; before I need to use it. Then it's tidy up the garage somewhat. I think that it's dinner on the grill of roasted potatoes and conies. I figure might as well use the grill a couple more times while the weather is nice.

Everyone have a great day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  10:56:26 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful, already 61 degrees in severe clear skies here in lower Michigan. Trip to town for a blood draw, picked up salt for the water softner, some Rx that were ready, pressure washer winterizing fluid and a check for Bob the Yooper. A couple things to tackle today and then we're going to take off for the yoop, in the morning. Weather is supposed to stay nice through the weekend.

Y'all have a good day today and weekend.

BE WELL

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  06:23:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 74.

Mike, Mom used to make spaetzle.
Haven't had them in a long time but they sure were good.

Karl, safe travels and have fun.

Larry, I've been needing to clean up the garage for a while but keep putting it off.

Tom, I was hoping for an early appointment too but reported at 10:30 and went home at 4.

Philip, it might have a few minor flaws but it looks real good to me and I know you'll make it work.

Jerry, any wood yet?

Procedure went well for the most part.
Main artery was blocked 50% and a tributary vein 85%.
Dr. said other than doing open heart surgery nothing he could do about the larger blockage.
Said taking cholesterol lowering meds would be good enough.
I'll have a follow up with my cardio Dr. and see what he says.
Worst part about the process was laying flat for almost 4 hours because they had to go through the groin.

Not allowed to drive for 48 hrs. so I used a sick day today.
Also this week is rollover at work and I got bumped from my job.
This means I'm in pick for two day so I'll use that to stay home as well.

Taking it easy today.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  08:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Glad to hear things went well. Open heart I think would be a last resort. Hopefully taking meds will keep it at the level its at.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/44. Later on 73.

My wood is suppose to be delivered today!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  08:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Mike, no teeth visits to the dentist, thatís Philip. Thankfully one of my good healthy things are my teeth, but thanks anyway.

Oops, it was bound to happen typing before coffee.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  09:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Sounds like the doctor visit results aren't bad at all. Meds should keep you safe in the future. Bummer about the bump. Good luck with the new selection.

Jerry, have fun when the wood arrives.

Karl, safe travels on your trip.

Larry, grilling is good for the soul. Indeed, I have been stunned at the prices of 1:1 lumber. I could have purchased a lot of models for what the cabinet wood cost.

Tom, hope you can take your scenic hobby shop trip today.

It's 79F today and sunny. Hope to spend some time in the shop.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  09:10:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning modelers from beautiful Wisconsin. Another sunny clear 70+ day.

Good news Rick but even open heart surgery isnít the end of the world but like cataract surgery is a new happy beginning.

Mike, you know I hope that I was teasing.

Jerry, I have read east coast mail delivery is a joke, enjoy the beach walks while you wait.

Have a great day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  10:04:51 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the cup-o-joe. Glad to hear that your procedure went as well as it did. Hopefully the meds will help; of course see what the Cardio Dr. has to say. He/she may have an alternative procedure that would be less invasive.

Jerry hope your wood arrives today. I buy my wood from Northeastern Lumber and it usually arrives in 5 days from order to door; of course it's in Mass.

Mike I think that this the latest that I've ever been able to grill. I talked to the owner of the lumber yard about pricing and his advice was not to start any big projects until spring. Enjoy the shop time.

Tom hope your still progressing with the stamina building. As far as order deliveries go I think that it depends on who and where you order from. Most of things that we have ordered have come fairly quickly; unless we're just lucky.

Karl hope your enjoying your time up north.

Philip hope all's well with you. The part you've printed actually looks pretty good.

Another beautiful day on tap with a high of 70. Toying with the idea of putting up the plastic on the back porch while it's nice out; of course the neighbors will probably think I've completely loss my mind. At least I wouldn't be freezing my butt off like other years.

Be safe and healthy. Enjoy.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning men!

Sorry to hear about the blockage Rick! Thank goodness for medications. Take it easy!

Revamped the drawing yesterday. Hopefully I didn't goof it up again.

Waxing the car today in the 70's! Have a good one! P

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  11:17:05 AM  Show Profile
11 am, sunny sky and 66 degrees as we pass Gaylord, about the first knuckle on the middle finger of the mitten state. Moderate traffic has thinned out. Weíre 58 from the bridge. What a change from last trip, scenic monochrome and green. Zero colors save for evergreens.

Rick, glad the procedure went well. Hope you can get a good pick on the work. Iíd really hate having to rebid as often as you seem too. How many folks in the pool you compete with? We did that at sheriff dept, nice to have some seniority.

Everyone have a good day. Safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/08/2020 :  05:33:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 77.

Can't believe how nice the weather is.
Another day in the 70's.

Visit with Mom at 11.
Take a ride to work and the the computer to see what job I can pick.
Rest if the day is mine with football, a cigar and a couple of adult beverages.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/08/2020 :  06:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Greetings Rick,

Thanks for coffee. I hope the bid goes well.

Karl, I trust the cruise finished well.

Philip, lets see that bird shot.

Larry, bad news about the wood prices. I wanted to build my daughter an arts and crafts plant stand from quarter sawn oak. It may have to wait...

Tom,

Still nice weather here.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000