Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 261 ]  [ Total: 263 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  04:31:20 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 63.

Philip, worst part of doing laundry is the folding.

Larry, hope you were able to vote without a problem.

Tom, sounds like you had a pretty nice weather day.

Karl, hope the mulching went well.

Jerry, the way you assemble and paint your machines I think we need to start calling you The Machinist.

Mike, hope you're less sore.

TGIF

Really miss my bike riding.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  07:38:45 AM  Show Profile
Sunny it appears is today's weather. It's going to be warm today after at least 63 yesterday. It appears a few days of nice, weather, is on tap.

I did get a good go at mulching, the place looks fairly decent. Had encouraging news from the UP project. Went to bed before the election results were in, got up, before the election results are in.

I hope everyone has a good day, great day for a TGIF, Rick.

Be well all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  09:07:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all. A beautiful sunny morning with temperatures heading into the 70ís in So. Central Wisconsin.

Stair climbing continues but as of last Monday she (PT dominmatrix) wants me to drop from the 100 miserable flights down to 50. But, she added back the minimum 2 mile daily walk in. The walk in the woods yesterday was gorgeous and took 40 minutes. I did ask Terry if we should get a threadmill. We both feel the membership we have at the fitness center is unusable until there is a valid vaccine and easily gotten.

Have a great day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile
Morning All,

Rick thanks for the coffee. We went about 2 pm yesterday to vote and was able to walk right in and vote. Ran into a women that I went to school with some fifty years ago; she's aged well.

Karl we won't know for awhile about who wins the election which really stinks.

Tom the 2 mile walk has got to be easier than all that stair climbing. My daughter has a gym membership but has not and probably will not use it anymore.

Philip sounds like you were a busy guy.

Jerry how's the mill and extras coming along.

Mike hope all's well with you.

A chilly start here in Central NY with a low of 32 degrees. Sunny and high in the mid 60's and possibly it will hit 70 by the weekend. My kind of weather that could stay all winter. Not much else going on today.

Everyone have a great day. Stay safe and healthy.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  11:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
And the nice compliment.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/64!
A beautiful Fall day.

Looks like we head to the park or beach with the dog for a nice walk.

Still waiting on my wood order but I'm ready to spray paint another 20 windows.

I hope everyone is staying healthy!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  06:46:34 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Busy day today.
Drop off my property tax payment.
Go to the hospital and get my cover test and blood drawn for tomorrows procedure.
Since I don't know how long tomorrow's test will last I need to get gas for the car and food for me.
Meal preps when I get home.
Since it will be pretty nice out I'll to get some outside things done too.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  07:43:51 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Good luck tomorrow with the tests.

Weather is foggy right now but clearing later P. sunny/70.

No wood delivery yes. The PO says its in transit!!

We are on our way to Cape May to see friends for lunch.
That being the southern most part of the state or there is no more after that!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  08:33:41 AM  Show Profile
Grey skies but a mild temp in the mid 50s. It should be a pleasant day.

Finished up yard work for the years and put the mowing machine behind the frozen precipitation relocation device in the shop/barn. Took a hand full of bright colored fiberglass stakes out and marked the edges of the driveway fr the eventuality of snow. Yahoo, so happy!

Taking the Doll across the county to have a checkup at the Doc's No issues, just behind schedule. I have an appointment there in mid November and an eye checkup the next day.

Think we're going North for a few days over the weekend, decompress. There has been some snow up there.

Everyone have a good day. Be safe and well, Rick thinking about your upcoming procedure and see you back here asap.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  09:14:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from beautiful weather wise Wisconsin. 50 now going to mid70ís without the bright clear skies of the last few days. A great road trip with hobby stopping involved.

Rick, we will be thinking of you and your procedure.

Karl, I like the term, frozen ... relocation device, RPLD might be easier though. I need to do the same along with the bright stakes I use, red. Doctors, I have been online with my latest doctor every other week for my Lyme diease. My regular doctor is not taking inpatient visits and just re-upped my daily drug usage for another 6 months. The Covid currently running rampart in Wisconsin has kept almost all non#specialized doctors fairly busy.

It was suggested by the spousal unit to put up the outside Xmas stuff. Told her itís handled, I had hired a Xmas decorating crew last month and must have forgot to tell her. We have a living roof and what does show is much higher then I would be comfortable with at any age let alone now. The driveway while 60% shorter then the previous house still is 200í+. Lots of Xmas candy canes and snow people.

Jerry, I am not sure what to believe with the USPS. I ship all sales items 1st class with tracking. The last items sold last week were to have been delivered last Saturday, they arrived on Friday to a very happy customer.

Stair climbing has not gotten any easier but has definitely improved my stamina. The 2 mile walk was something Terry and I have been doing for years. But since Lymes hit is has been tough and a month ago the stair climbing started the walking stopped. 40 minutes and 2 miles was fine but the hips and upper legs are a bit sore after, that I know will go away. The goals are 50 flights of 15 stairs up and then down are 1 flight. The walking goal is 30 minutes for the 2 miles and that is doable.

Enjoy your day
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  09:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Tom this was sent with tracking its been in transit for 6 days and they haven't said were.

They are the worst in 2 to 3 day delivery its a joke!!

Jerry

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 11/05/2020 09:45:18 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  11:32:37 AM  Show Profile
TomO I find that the habit of initialized abbreviations for things is extremely annoying and imho, extremely lazy, unless they are of a very few more commonly used, imho, FYI, are about it. But... fwiw wgafwit...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/05/2020 11:37:05 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  11:40:59 AM  Show Profile
Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Wow your going to be a busy guy. Best of luck with your procedure tomorrow.

Jerry enjoy your lunch with friends and have a safe trip.

Karl nice that you got your yard work done. I'm starting mine today for the next few days.

Tom a decorating company sounds like a great idea. Glad to hear that your stamina is returning and that you have more meds to help fight the disease. Persist.

Philip and Mike hope all's well with you.

Another beautiful day here in Central NY with the temps going into the upper 60's; I'll take it! Yard work today and will enjoy the nice weather at the same time.

Enjoy and have a great day.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  11:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning!

Had a nagging tooth pulled yesterday as it was split. Had nursed it for a couple years.

Other than the mush diet all is well on the home front. Rick, Kenny Rogers had a folding choice...

Printer is printing in the shop, hopeful a positive result.

Have a great day!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  05:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 71.

Philip, hope you're feeling better after getting that tooth pulled.

Larry, should be another nice day to do yard work.

Tom, continued increase in your stamina.

Karl, enjoy your weekend trip.

Jerry, how was Cape May?

Thank you for all the thoughts and well wishes.
Hope I get done early enough so I can enjoy the nice weather we're supposed to have.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  06:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thank you for coffee. Good luck with your procedure.

Tom, good luck at the dentist.

Glad to hear everyone is staying healthy.

Weather has been mild on the Brazos, today 79F.

PT goes well. Yesterday was an intense session and I'm a little sore this morning. I walked eight blocks without pain on Tuesday. I hope to extend it much further by vacation time.

I may go buy the last of the lumber for the garden cabinet, and cook a pork tenderloin in the Instant Pot. Spaetzle and asparagus will round out the meal.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000