Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 233 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing
Page: of 88

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  09:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

We had one heck of a storm blow through last night. It looks like it ripped the car cover off the MG and filled it with water. Expletive deleted.

Headed to food bank to give $500 donation collected from fellow Masons. Tried yesterday but they were closed. I had intended to drive the MG over to Cleburne to deliver the check. Sigh!

Our daughter left early this morning to return to Georgia. It sure was fun to have her visit.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  09:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone. Lousy weather may keep us indoors today and itís heading your way Karl. Sore this morning as after yesterdayís walk the rode the horses and my muscles got too long a work out. Wisconsin is relaxing some of its Safer at Home mandates but Terry and I are not going to relax ours. Both of us are considered ďhigh riskĒ, me more so than Terry. Oh well, the new normal.

We now have done 4 joy rides since March 12th, 3 of them done on Sunday afternoons. Just passed 200 total miles on the car since 3/12 and less then 1/2 a tank, I did fill the tank at $1.19 per gallon, all of 6 gallons. The one thing about Safer at Home is my credit card has been reduced by about 1500 per my accountant, wife CFO Terry. No eating out, no gasoline, no movies, only $60 in 6 weeks at the LHS, ( see does not audit my PayPal thank goodness) no ice cream trips and the diet has allowed for 18#s to be lost. Have a safe and healthy day.

TomO

Edit. Karl, if she is having issues with her bread being too heavy or bricked like, it most likely is her proofing. Normally I proof over night, out kitchen is kept at 70f degrees and if it is lower around 65 the proofing takes longer or if itís 75 you need to shorten the proofing times. There may be other reasons but from my issues in the past proofing times were my biggest issues.

Edited by - tloc on 04/29/2020 10:20:37 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/30/2020 :  04:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Lots of rain and wind over the next 36 hrs.

Don't know if any of you have had the same thought, but watching TV and seeing people shake hands or seeing crowds seems unusual now.

Mike, sorry about the MG.
Hope it's OK.
It's nice what you and the Masons are doing.

Tom, hope you're less sore today.

Stay healthy and hunkered down and have a great day.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/30/2020 :  09:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Speaking of the news have you noticed no one has died of cancer, stroke, heart attack or car accident in over 6 weeks!!

The wind has already started to kick up here in South Jersey. I'm sure the rain is right behind it!

It will be a good day to sit at the bench finally an get something done.

Mike sorry to hear about the car.

Tom hope the aches and pains go away!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/30/2020 :  10:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Thanks for the words of encouragement about the MG. I drove it on an errand yesterday and everything seemed okay electrically. We have four days of sun and 80's temps, so I am leaving it uncovered with the top down in hopes it will continue to dry out.

Keep safe and have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/30/2020 :  10:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope the MG dries out well, nothing worse than going out after the storm to fine the sunroof, top, window(s) open.

We had all day rain yesterday, and little got accomplished. We did drive down to my home town to clean off the stones on my grand parentís and an auntís graves in the cemetery. Lots of moldy stuff on them. The Doll is the preeminent scholar on gravestone cleaning in our family. Sheís done about a dozen recently. Social distancing in the graveyard isnít hard to accomplish.

No big plans today, off and on rain in the forecast. Overcast and coolish/damp at a minimum.

Everyone stay well and safe. We are here in the Peopleís Republic of Michigan

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/30/2020 10:35:33 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/30/2020 :  11:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the more relaxed confinement in the state of Dane County Wisconsin it is beautifully sunny but the wind gusts are in the 40ís. There is a house showing at noon and we will be riding the horses but not on the trails in the woods. Too many falling trees and branches possible. I pulled the slot car track parts I have from previous builds from inventory to see what I can actually come up with. I know I have 60í of 3 lane sections already routed. I looking to stay out of the train room again for a couple days but need to do something constructive. Stay safe and healthy

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  05:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Some rain and cloudy with a lot less wind and temps in the mid 60's.

Tom, hope the house showing went well as well as the slot car track.

Karl, I'm trying very hard to keep politics out of this, but there are some very unhappy people in your state.
I know the same is true in other states but they're not as vocal about it.

Mike, that sounds encouraging about the MG.

Jerry, any bench progress?

Got bumped again last night.
Still days but tomorrow is Monday again.
I'll enjoy this unexpected day off by riding the bike and getting a few things done indoors.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  07:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey light rain/55. Later on 68.

Yes I did make it to the bench yesterday. Although I'm still waiting on a small wood order.
It's been over 2 weeks since it was shipped.

Guy coming to look at the lawn to give us a price to fertilize it.

Maybe a little time playing at the bench later.
I have two projects going at the same time one I need wood for and the other I'm building little machines.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  08:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upper 30s and sunny this morning. Forecast is to approach 60. That will be nice.

The political games continue in our capital. She who would be VP is defying the checks and balances and shut down orders have been extended thru the end of May, unilaterally decided. Lawncare folks have been allowed back to work, construction in a week, would be ok today but one has to dangle the carrot a bit longer. Another loud group were at the Capital building yesterday.

Decided as long as we were checking on graves recently, we drove down to the Nat'l Cemetery at Ft. Custer W of Battle Creek and visited my father's. Always an immaculate place, it is a beautiful setting.

Not sure on plans for today, after a couple days of off and on rain it will be wet out for awhile.

Everyone have a good day. Safe and Healthy

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  08:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Bummer about the bump. Enjoy the week though.

Today's forecast is for 92F today, no rain but wind.

I started reorganizing the garage yesterday so I can put my car in. The boxes from my hobby room/office line two walls of the garage, and there are still more to store. Where oh where...

Drove the MG to pick up groceries last night. It was a beautiful evening, and the car was running great.

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  09:47:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the severely clear skies of Wisconsin. High in the 50ís low winds finally will make the walk nice today. Because of the high winds yesterday we walked the driveway for 1/2 hour yesterday and then 2+ miles after dinner last night after the winds calmed. The soreness went away. The slot car track parts were inventoried and put away in the bins and are ready to be moved. I told my daughter that if anymore of her friends want a track, I have 1 left and I need a week to build with no scenery.

Mike, good to know the MG came through its soaking ok. I had a VW Rabbit that used to get the water sitting in the fuse box because the sun roof would funnel the water to it. Only cost $1500 the first time. The second time I had given the car to the son who was in Texas and the dealership said it was a recalled item I was not notified of it. Jerry, the realtor said the folks were impressed, realtor speak for they were just looking! Everyone have a great safe healthy day.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/02/2020 :  05:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Sunny, with a high near 72.
Hope the weather will be as nice where you will be.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/02/2020 :  09:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another warmer day on tap here in MI today. It was nice and clear all day yesterday but today it's thin hazy overcast. Temp going to approach 70.

I broke down a bought a chainsaw yesterday, good thing I had an idea what I wanted. They were dealing by phone only. Called talked price with the guy and then he brought it out and put it in the back of my truck. Brought it home, gas/oil mix and bar oil in it and it worked. Managed to cut a few things down and wear myself out. It has a pull cord that winds up a spring that then causes it to turn over. It's a little easier than the old yank-yank-yank til your forehead veins pop out, not quite as easy as they want you to believe. Anyway, lots of work for it to do.

No big plans today, I have to find a piece of steel and make a hitch for the new deere that will let me tow our pull behind things, the factory didn't make anything like that to the chagrin of the dealers. I can make something.

Everyone have a good day. BE healthy and safe in the cell block.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/02/2020 :  09:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey right now sunny/60. But a little wind.

Yesterday was mostly yard work. Today more of the same. Its amazing all the things they can fine for you to do!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Page: of 88 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000