Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 162 ]  [ Total: 162 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  09:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

I just got busy yesterday and never posted. Did not work on the Mill.
Today I will try to spray the windows with a base color.

Weather in South Jersey rainy/61. Later P. sunny/65.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  09:21:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from crispy Wisconsin. This is grandkids online school day and they should be here in 15 minutes or so.

Rick, thanks for getting us going. Which FB group did you look at?

Mike, there are a few teams I always cheer against. The Vikings and Cowboys are 1a and 1b. Mixed feeling about the Cowboys this season because Mike McCarthy is a great coach but has issues with his defensive coordinators. He was 2 years too long in Green Bay, because Aaron wanted more say and Mike said no. Great respect for a nice guy, but he won’t last working for Jerry, especially since it seems he has lost the fans and some of the team.

Karl, Terry makes a great meat loaf but no way will I order it outside the house. Flooring shopping, boy if there is one thing I let Terry and Kait do it’s flooring purchasing. The SIL removed the mower from my garage and will bring the white stuff blower Wednesday.

Feeling fine and mentally better. Have a great day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  11:11:29 AM  Show Profile
A chilly 41 and raining with that light drizzle; today may get to 55 if we're lucky here in Central NY.

Rick thanks for the coffee. The three screens would certainly take some getting used to but he seems to enjoy it; not too sure about my daughter.

Mike thanks for the breakfast, yummy. Don't know if I've mentioned this before or not but there is nothing that can compare to the taste of Irish Butter. There was a lady that I used to work with who was from Ireland and she's the one who got me to try it.

Karl glad to here that the Doll is feeling better; shingles can be nasty stuff. My wife makes a very tasty meatloaf also. She puts everything but the "kitchen sink" in it.Sometimes she'll make a sweet glaze to go on top and other times we'll have brown gravy over it. Either way it's really good.

Jerry things have a funny way of sneaking up on you that keeps you quite busy. Even though I'm retired now some days are so busy I wonder how I ever found time to work a full time job.

Tom nice to hear that your feeling well. My Grandfather would usually say "looks like he's on the mend". I applaud you for taking the time to help your grandkids with their online schooling at your home; that's really nice.

Went out early grocery shopping this morning. Now that the dust has settled, trying to remember to take my own bags into the stores is getting easier as time goes on; just need to form the habit I guess. The Mrs. has started shopping for Christmas online so will probably put my two cents in to hopefully be of some help. Maybe some bench time latter on.

Be well and enjoy your day.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  05:02:20 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Areas of drizzle with a slight chance of light rain before 7am, then a slight chance of showers between 7am and 8am. Areas of fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

Karl, glad the wife is feeling better.

Mike, glad you enjoyed your daughters visit.

Larry, I've got to get back into the habit of bringing my own bags too.

Tom, glad you're feeling better too.

Jerry, back to the mill.

Got a call from the cardio Dr. yesterday and the results from the stress test weren't good.
Got to go and have a cardiac catheterization done to determine if I need a stent.
Also told no bike riding.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  09:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

A heart cath isn't so bad, and neither is a stent. I've had a cath but not a stent, quintuple bypass instead. You will feel great afterward. Good luck to you.

Larry, we love Irish butter; it tastes so good.

Tom, it is sad about McCarthy. Jerry doesn't have much loyalty to his folks. He is all about making money, just money. I am not watching much football this year, and it really is a downer to see the one team I do watch, Cowboys, play like our local Junior High. Sunday was down right embarrassing.

It's cold and rainy on the Brazos, 37F now and headed to 41F. What a yuk day.

I am off to hip PT then to work at the lodge all day.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  10:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Texas like weather here today, same numbers as Mike, the Brazos Kid, has posted. With the numbers seen there recently the 30s must be agonizing, We’re to add rain to our chill. Temp in the 20s this morning on the Garden Peninsula the site of the Northern Command Compound. “Neighbor” from up there called me about all the water in the road over the weekend when he was up closing up camp for the year last weekend. He described ‘normal’ runoff from the heavy rain we had. We experienced it last summer, apparently it was a new experience for him.

I can’t hold a candle to football talk, pro sports and the peripheral horse apples associated with it just sour me. Also living within the fan base of a perpetual loser doesn’t give any incentive to try anything else.

I downloaded the newest movie editing software from Adobe, Premiere Elements 2021 last evening. It took for ever to d/l on our stagnant DSL system, I am sure that a “stent” somewhere would increase the flow. The Doll had to give up on what ever she was doing as the dsl just can’t handle good flow rates. Sadly, the same company, CenturyLink is the phone/internet provider up North.

No big plans yet today, but stay warm and dry. Had thoughts of attending a political event in Lansing, but the weather is not to my liking for outdoors.

Everyone have a good day, safe and dry.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  11:43:42 AM  Show Profile
Morning Gents,

Rick thanks for the java. Sorry to hear about your stress test; but if you do need a stent it will help the blood flow better and possibly keep you from a much worse outcome.

Mike hope your PT goes well and don't work too hard at the Lodge.

Karl when you pay good money for Internet and it's really slow, that is quite annoying. Hopefully your d/l was successful. As we approach November the weather won't be very encouraging.

Jerry, Tom, and Philip hope you are well.

Low of 45 this morning with a high of only 49 with some rain latter. Need to run a couple of errands then maybe some bench time latter.

Stay dry, warm, healthy, and have a great day.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  12:09:27 PM  Show Profile
Good morning from stil crispy at 32f degrees Wisconsin.

Rick, thanks for moving the day. As Mike says the heart cath is not a big deal nor are the stents. When they did my heart cath thankfully I had no blockages and watched the Doctor the whole time. He said if I needed a stent the procedure would have taken a few minutes longer. Best to you.

Mike, we might hit 40 today, but we are used to it. Looks like from Austin up to you is below seasonal, my son in Austin said he turned the furnace on yesterday via his phone on his way home from work.

Karl, good luck with the video editing software. If you really want to attend a political event Terry is going to one at 7 tonight. “responsibly social distanced, masks mandatory and no guns allowed”. It may not be who you want but it’s a “responsible”. event.

We just returned from a disappointing trip. My plan was I wanted the #1 voted cinnamon roll in Wisconsin today. Went there and they are closed on Tuesday. Ok, #2 in Madison and #4 in Wisconsin is in Madison just a few miles across the lake. The server laughed when I asked for a cinnamon roll and said need to be there by 8 at the latest. So we brought home a good apple fritter the size of a plate. Just not the same. Terry suggested I make my own. I will be researching recipes after this.

Everyone be healthy, smart and safe.
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  12:11:16 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Good luck with the cardio Dr.

Weather in South Jersey wait a minute the sun just came out!!
So its sunny/60!

Not sure what's on the agenda today. Maybe some weathering on the windows later.

I hope all you guys and your wives are all feeling better.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2020 :  05:46:43 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of rain, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.

Thanks for the thoughts on my upcoming procedure.
I know it's not a big deal, just caught me by surprise since I've always been active, felt I was in good health, watched what I ate and kept my weight under control.
Just another case of genetics.

TGIF

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2020 :  08:45:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from crispy Wisconsin where the wind chill is 19.

Rick, crap health wise happens. While it’s not a big deal to those of us who have had the procedure, no one is making light of the procedure. It’s always easier when someone has it. Mine was an emergency and I had no time to think about it. Waiting will allow many ideas to run through your head, think positive and trust the medical folks.

Have a great day
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2020 :  09:28:47 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
I'm sure everything will be fine.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/61. Later some rain moves into the area.

Speaking of I have a Dr. appointment this morning. My regular guy.
I'll see what words of wisdom he has now that my ultrasound found nothing.

Nothing on the mill. But I cleaned my room.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2020 :  09:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Wishing you a fantastic weekend.

It's cold and rainy hear. 37F headed to 51F. It's a stay inside day for sure.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/28/2020 :  10:18:42 AM  Show Profile
Sunny this morning. Temp is still hovering at 37 degrees but it is supposed to climb to or near 50 today. It never climbed above the reported 37. We were out and about yesterday. We ended up at the Lansing Capitol City International Airport and caught a bit of the atmosphere and was able to take some photos of a once in a rare photo op:

We stayed socially distant and stayed in the car and watched the event on the cell phone. TomO, I feel that it is my responsibility to decide what "responsible" is. would argue that I and most of my fellow citizens aren't capable.

When do they have your procedure scheduled, Rick? Do you have to be off work as well as the bike? Wish you the best. We should all be thankful for all the advances that have been make in medicine in recent years.

I made a huge change in direction with my modeling and bought a GP-7 on my most recent trip to the train store on the W side of Grand Rapids, it's in B&O Blue, Black, Grey with gold lettering scheme...I'm not sure where to use it, it's too pretty to change, but...little sign of BnO on my layout. Maybe a transfer on and off from somewhere else...It's a Proto 2000 that appears to have spent it's life in the box. It doesn't appear to have even been run, too clean wheel treads and zero dust on the roof, but has been given kadees and the shell attached to the chassis. I'll have to look into the gears to see if it has, quoting internet gadfly Brakie..."Crack Gears" before I add a decoder and run it. One funny thing, the "F" for front is on the long hood end but the cab crew is facing the short hood end. EZ fix, I'm sure. Or another box to add to the collection. I think the over a dozen or so Alco are upset with me. There are a few other EMDs around as well as a couple of Baldwins, but none in transition era are Green

Everyone have a good day, warm and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/28/2020 10:22:05 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/28/2020 :  12:02:43 PM  Show Profile
Morning,

Rick the coffee was good, thanks. Genetics has a way of rearing it's ugly head when you least expect it; but I'm sure that it will all work out.

Tom now that sounds cold, brrr. Stay warm.

Mike I think that we will being seeing more of the "stay in day for sure" in the upcoming months' at least around my neck of the woods. Great excuse to do some modeling.

Karl that sure is an impressive plane; our tax dollars at work. Congrats on the new engine purchase. I hear that the proto 2000 series are a pretty good runner.

Jerry hopefully your Dr. can give you some sort of direction on your health situation. No work on the mill but you did clean your room so I think you deserve an extra desert at dinnertime.

Not quite as cold today with a high of 55 here in Central NY. Went to Wegmans this morning and bought mostly meat for the freezer. With winter coming I like to have some extra on hand. I was pleasantly surprised at the checkout when it came to only forty bucks; looks like the meat prices have come down some. The Mrs. and I are going out for an early dinner this afternoon; probably the last time for awhile.

Have a great day everyone and stay healthy, safe, and warm.

Edited by - Larryc on 10/28/2020 12:05:53 PM

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.74 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000