Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 221 ]  [ Total: 224 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: BCRR
Page: of 87

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  3:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
aftrenoon from a very wet sw ohio......lol

no painting today due to weather, butselling lots of items from my train room which wont work on my layout
so i have been making great deals on rolling stock, locos to come next......

hopefully i can get to building models tonight as i put my elbow through my glass i use to glue on yesterday,
they just dont make things like they used to

anyone hear if hobby lobby is going to reopen soon?

everyone enjoy the day and stay safe

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  6:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, in Wisconsin Hobby Lobby stayed open even though they werenít essential. The owner closed in a fit I guess
because he didnít think curbside and online was enough. Oh yeah, donít slam your elbow on the glass next time, lol...

Stay safe
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/27/2020 :  03:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain all week except for tomorrow.

Mike, glad you got the MG out.

Jerry, YEAH!!! More painting.

Karl, glad you got the printer working.

Tom, what what kind of bread?
Do you make more than 1?

Dave, hope the elbow's OK.

I knew it was coming but didn't know when.
Well, the called last night and I got bumped.
Going into work now and look at the computer and see what's available.
Most certainly going back to nights.

Stay healthy and hunkered down and have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/27/2020 :  08:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Yes more painting is on my list of things to do!!

Weather in South Jersey rainy/35. Later on 50.

Well that's my story time to get my brush!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/27/2020 :  09:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun this morning and low 40s going into the 50s and rain by late afternoon.

Interesting around here yesterday, we went out for a Sunday break and drove down about 1/2 mile and there were a half dozen Sheriff cars at a house and a number of uniform and plain cloths officers around..not in any hurry. Seemed odd in this area. An hour and a half later we came back by and the same cluster of officialdom was present. Later a friend of a closer neighbor reported at the State Police Crime Lab mobile unit was there. Saw a news report of a 'suspicious death' investigation at that location on the local TV, after a relative found a middle aged woman there deceased. As when I worked for the Sheriff there was little information made available. I'm sure we'll hear something in due time. I've been retired long enough I don't have anyone I could call at the Sheriff's to find out anything. The folks I saw there as we drove by all looked like a bunch of little kids...

Steaks on the grill were the highlight yesterday and I ran the 3d machine and printed another of my project pieces, it's running another as I write.

Everyone have a good day, safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/27/2020 :  09:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I hope the shifts work out for you.

It's going to be another warm day at 88F, but winds 30 mph. Yuk!

Cooking huevos rancheros for brunch, then might take the B to the lodge and post office.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/27/2020 :  10:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Rick, my favorite is sourdough and sliced thick. Others I make regularly are pumpernickel,
garlic and herbs, and a 15 grain (pita for Terry)wheat. Terry is not really a bread eater but will have the wheat
15 grain and freeze it. I donít eat bread that has been frozen. I generally for myself make bread twice a week.
I will make 1 loaf at a time for me and I send out an email about a week prior to Kaitiís neighbors who can request
the above regulars. If they have one I have never made and will supply the recipe I will make it with about a 2 week
lead time as I need to gather ingredients and test it myself. Even though we have enough room to make 6 loaves at
a time I usually do 2 at a time, there is no need to rush when retired. The loaves are about a 12Ē irregular circle. Other
then bread making I donít enjoy the kitchen. Terry does and loves to experiment both with regular dishes and baked
goods. Cooking out on the grill also is not a thrill for me but I do it and we use the outdoor grill all year long and at least
once a week. Terry does the prep and I get to be cold out in the winter weather or broil in the hot. Have a great day.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2020 :  06:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Today will be the nicest day of the week.
Sunny and mid 60's.

Tom, that's a heck of a variety.

Karl, steaks on the grill sounds very good and an interesting event down the road from you.

Jerry, done painting?

Good news/bad news at work.
Good news I was able to still find a daytime shift.
Bad news is it's Monday again.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2020 :  07:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Congrats on daytime job. About Monday's...

Hi 91F, rain and storms this evening.

That is all!

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/28/2020 :  08:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 50 going to 60 today in my part of the lockup. Might get the machinery out and attack the grass today. Speaking of attack, it turns out that there was a 53 yr old woman killed by a younger relative at the house down the road. The assailant was arrested in nearby Grand Ledge by the local PD there. Sad situation. It has my gal quite distressed. It is a shame and quite a shock to have that happen in this quiet area.

Home made bread sounds good TomO. I'd like to try pumpernickel. Last weeks door stops were tasty if a bit heavy in texture. The Doll is not comfortable in the kitchen, more a 'technician' than artisan. If it ain't written down in black and white in the recipe it ain't going in. I used to do much more in the kitchen than these days. I do have a knack for using the recipe as a basic guide rather than rigid step by step.

Not sure where I'llhead today after mowing, maybe i'll be tired and chill out. At least with the sun the day will go smoother, it was really a downer when it clouded up yesterday, my psych goes south in the grunge. Maybe I'll get the bridge out again, not sure where I'll use it but be nice to have done.

Have a great day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2020 :  09:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Glad you got days again.

Done painting until the weekend. Need to to do the ceiling in the hallway but the AC guy is coming Friday and he needs to get into the attic through the hatch.
He will get finger prints on that so we will wait to paint!

Today it will be sunny. Now that's different. But right now its still cloudy an 41!

A trip in the car later to enjoy the sun! That will get us out of house for a little bit.

Besides I want to fill up with gas now that its 1.94 a gallon!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2020 :  09:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry gas here in Verona is $1.19 and we went for a drive last night and near the Dane County airport it was $1.09, they have mentioned on the local news that there are some places at $.95. We didnít see that last night. Karl, I bake bread by recipe only, Terry uses a recipe as a guide the 1st time and anything goes after that. Rick, be safe on the start of your week, happy Monday?

Good morning from Safer at Home in Wisconsin. It is a start of relaxation of the home mandate. Terry was real antsy last night after dinner so we went for a drive and there was barely any traffic out to the airport and back. The UW campus felt almost like a ghost town. Instead of 45,000 on campus they say there are around 5000 left for students that had no where to go home to or are international students. Stay safe.

Tom

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  06:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Cloudy and low 60's.

I used to cook a lot when there were more people in the house.
Most of the time I stuck to using a recipe.

I see some of you joy riding to get out of the house.

Sad story Karl.

Mowed the backyard yesterday after work and I'll do the front today.
This morning before work it's a trip to the grocery and some meal prep.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick & gang.

Not much happening on the home front.

Still couped up, but have to get out today for provisions & I have a dead starter I need to exchange. Been putting it off for weeks.

Have a great day!
Philip

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  09:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calm bright and sunny 71 yesterday led to a day long spent outside, trimmed lots of things and mowed the acreage. It was nice working outside. I also took the truck, sitting for 5 weeks, to have an oil change and got our grill tank refilled. Paying for the propane was the first time Iíd been in a place of business in 5-6 weeks. Everyone in masks I though I was in the ďhideout up in an old line shackĒ from a B movie.

All night rain and morning grey will lead to another dreary day in the cell block today.

Everyone have a good day, safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: BCRR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000