Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 256 ]  [ Total: 262 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  10:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Crew. A lousy weather day in Wisconsin but better then what the next few days will bring. I will have to spend time in the train room as the ideas for the room are coming fast and furious. First is redesigning the north side of the Paper Mill to allow the river it sits on to be modeled. I know I have lots of room but I am too old and smart to fill it wall to wall. The room was designed to replace the basement we didnít build in the house and the expansion of the stables allows Terry to take in more rescue horses.

Terry was baking gluten free stuff for the SIL yesterday and we took it over last night. The grandson, still 6 till November, asked if we could put a race car track in with the trains. He whispered to me, grandpa I donít like the trains, I like race cars. I laughed and told him itís ok and we will see what happens. Have a safe day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  11:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Freaky weather today in MI, sun at first now clouds, severe weather alert, possible ďcold weather funnelsĒ and hail.

I did manage a good buzz at the haircut shop, good for a month and a half Iíd say. A pleasant young lady there makes it a joy. Glad they post who is working online So you know before you get there.

Trip to the GR area went well, her antique shop and the old train shop were visited with no purchases on the Dollís part and the least, $12, I think Iíve ever spent at the train store, I skipped the other LHS, traffic was nuts. As the day wore on the weather went South on us, hit heavy rain and a light and boomer show and then the temp fell 15-20 degrees. We did stop for a nice dinner on the way home. There are fewer orange barrels out now, and even some positive progress.

I had a text today from my older son, first since early July, and heís changing jobs again, back two jobs from a place he left early in the year. Was asked back with a raise and good hours. Frosting was the manager he clashed with there is no more and owner sought him out to come back. Heard from my other son this week, too. They both have been scarce for a couple of months.

Off to town to pickup an Rx and gas the Dollís car. Need to find something for dinner tonight, too.

Thatís it from here. Return trip to the swamp coming Sunday, lots going on up there according to cussiní Bob the Builder. It all sounds positive.

Good day all. Be Well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  11:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Have a nice day off.

Running late as indoor chores had to be done at sunrise!!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/74. A nice Fall day for sure.

Mike the table seems easier so far this time around. How's the hand?

Tom stick to the trains he'll out grow the race cars!!

Larry sounds like you day was really busy.

Off to take the dog to the park.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  11:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning men!

Sounds like some good stuff going on. Even the rarity of a haircut makes for a good day!

Thanks for the coffee Rick!

Tom, Bachmann has HO cars. May not be fast enough !

I take it seeing wrinkles is good! lol Takes time!

Sounds like a great day Karl! good for your Son! Like the old song "don't know what you got until it's gone".

thanks for the well wishers appreciated!
Feeling much better and rested yesterday evening. Slept like a rock last night!
Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  11:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Central NY with a high in the mid 60's.

Rick thanks once again for the coffee. Enjoy your day off.

Mike good news on the hand. The PT may make it sore but it should help in the long term.

Tom sure sounds like the modeling mojo is back! Your smart not to bite off too much when building your new Empire. Your grandson's conversation was cute.

Karl sounds like the house is still progressing well; great to hear.

Philip hang in there, your wife's shoulder will be all healed up before you know it.

Going out this afternoon for an early fish dinner with the Mrs.Not too much else going on today.

Stay safe and be well.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  07:27:05 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of showers between 9am and 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

Mike, good news about the hand.

Larry, how was the fish?

Philip, glad you're feeling better and got some rest.

Jerry, better to get those chores early, at least that's what I try to do.

Karl, good news about the sons.

Tom, adding cars to the layout would be neat.

Grocery shopping and meal prep first.
Visit with Mom and bike ride later.

Hope you find this next bit amusing.
When I first started at the RR every once in a while a group of about 6 to 8 men would get dressed as little Bo-Peep and go into the city.
Old timers told me that in the past they even had a short guy dressed as a lamb but I never saw that.
As time went on the number dwindled to two.
This picture taken by one of my co-workers was taken 4 years ago.
Don't know what happened to them but they haven't been seen in years.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  08:58:17 AM  Show Profile
It is sunny and there is FROST on the punkins in lower Michigan. Sun is to last all day according to the forecast and warm weather is in the forecast for the next 8-14. I hope that holds.

Gotta wonder what's in the big bag, Rick, red paint and a brush? Maybe they have a blow-up sheep. Guess I'd rather not know. I would be they're not headed in to the big city to riot or tear things up.

Wild weather here yesterday, rain, hard at times, and spectacular clouds. I didn't see or hear of any cold air funnels happening.

No big plans for today, will mow today or tomorrow.

Great day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  10:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Funny pic; I bet those guys had a lot of fun in the city.

It's a beautiful day here, high around 80F.

Hand continues to improve, but the swelling in the index finger hasn't gone down much. Persisting with PT.

Have a fun and safe weekend folks,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  11:15:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from chilly Wisconsin but with severely clear skies. Life goes on, we voted yesterday and will deliver in person our ballots to City Hall. But, the political ads are still coming!

I donít mind the grandkids the racing but this one will be at our place. Their parents have given away the last 2 tracks I built for them.

My brother is wanting the whole family to move to Hawaii, the Zoom meeting was interesting last night. He put his Arizona place for sale on Monday and has 3 offers already. He is serious as he also sold his Nevada place. Terry and I are on the negative side we think. The girls meaning my sister, wife, daughter, the granddaughter and my brothers still g/f all looked at Hawaii a couple years ago. The daughter basically said no because Harper the granddaughter is special needs and Hawaii schools seemed lacking.

I wouldnít want to be dressed on a train the last 4 years as Little Po Beep. Times have greatly changed. Those 2 looked like they were enjoying it though.

Have a great day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  11:32:06 AM  Show Profile
Morning Gents,

Rick that photo is funny; those guys have a lot of gumption dressing and parading around the City like that. Thanks for the java and yes the fish dinner was excellent.

Karl we've had two frosts here already and our temps are going to be below normal for awhile.

Mike glad to hear the hand is improving. As far as the swelling; the bottom part of my leg is still a little swollen and it's been about 5 weeks since my ladder mishap, so it takes time to get rid of the swelling but hang in there it will go down at some point.

Tom as nice as Hawaii is supposed to be, I don't think that I'd want to live there. I sort of like the change is seasons; except one of course.

Jerry and Philip I hope things are going well for you today.

A brisk 50 deg. this morning with a high of 61 today. Partly sunny though. Not sure what's going on today.

Have a great day and be safe.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  12:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Larryc

Terryís problem and I agree is in Wisconsin being centrally located we can have some great day or overnight trips and before the Pandemic we did. Hawaii, not so much. Beautiful state, great weather and after a while nice people. The son is flying in on a Saturday and with the daughter and her hubby the 5 of us will discuss the pro and cons of a complete move.

My goal,many lifetimes ago when I was young and not life xperienced was to have family compound we could live on. The brother was opposed, now in our twilight he wants a big family compound. It is interesting though.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  12:50:55 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee I just put on a fresh pot.

I slept in late today for a change it really felt good.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/56. Later 66!
Ooops here comes the sun!

Mike glad the hand is doing well.

I hope all you guys are doing well and just enjoying life as it is!!

My mechanism for the 2nd table seems to be done right I hope when I move it to the base it doesn't come apart!!!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2020 :  05:59:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 66.

Jerry, glad you got some good rest.

Tom, moving to Hawaii is a big decision.
Although it's so beautiful and the weather ideal, I think I'd miss moving around and seeing other parts of the US.

Larry, hope you enjoyed your day yesterday.

Mike, hope some of the swelling has subsided.

Karl, I don't want to know what's in the bags either.

Another week of work for me.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2020 :  07:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I trust your work week will be without "events".

Breakfast is on the counter: huevos rancheros with chorizo or bacon. Since it is Saturday, a nice beverage, Paloma. Help yourself.

The forecast is for 84F today, some clouds.

Nothing special planned for the day, maybe smoke a chicken.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/03/2020 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Cloudy and chilly in MI, no frost that I can see this morning even tho it was forecast.

Half the lawn was done yesterday afternoon, another bit today. Got real cold yesterday doing that.

Little to do today save prep for the trip tomorrow. Smoked chicken REALLY sounds good, Mike, muy bueno'

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000