Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 218 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  09:16:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/70, showers later on.

I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon. Need to have my gallbladder taken out.
So will say what he says about that.

Mike good luck with the hand therapy.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  09:17:48 AM  Show Profile
Sunny and cool this morning, just cracked 50 as of 0900. Sunlight is a good thing. The rain we had was welcome, just not the grey.

No plans yet.

Best with the PT, Mike.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  10:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Lit the pilot light this morning! burr~

Thanks for the hot coffee!

PT this afternoon with Gena.

Had my gallbladder removed. Was an easy recovery Jerry. At the same time they fixed my herniated belly button. Was sticking out like a sore thumb.

Have a great day!
Philip

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  10:50:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning this 68th birthday for me. Terry was a year older on Sunday. Yesterday we celebrated with our annual birthday dinner of pizza. It was so good and the 1st pizza we have had in 2020. So. Central Wisconsin hit 40 over night and might get to the mid 50ís. We are thinking of another scenic last minute decision day trip.

Since I wonít go to Hawaii to meet with my brother he called a family meeting in Arizona where there is no 14 day quarantine. My sister has been house sitting for 6 weeks now so is there already and her daughter showed up last Friday. The smoke in California has started giving her issues. We will go and come back and it will be our 1st big venture out since March. Told him we need to be home for the grandkids online classes on Monday. Not looking forward to mixing with folks on the flight.

I walked around inspecting the landscaping yesterday while the trees were being planted during recess with the 1st grader. The sprinkler guy was measuring. The trees are guaranteed 3 years but have to be watered. When I told Terry we can handle that and said yeah, for a few weeks and then the excuses will kick in, she is right. I then stumbled my way to the train room. A nice big space with only my PaperMill set up at this time. So I spent some time with an engine checking all the power to the tracks is working and soldering what wasnít. This was after the kids left for the day at 4 and before the pizza at 8. So maybe 3 good hours in there and an hour of just wondering.

I feel good, no answer on yesterdayís labs yet. I mentioned this morning to the PT that we need to reduce my stomach. She laughed, the program is strength 1st, then stamina and she will look for exercises that make sense for me. She also said the steroids mess up the bodies and just donít worry about it. Enjoy the day.

TomO

Edit. My gall bladder surgery was emergency surgery and was not good. Thankfully it was able to be done arthroscopicly and they also took care of the big stomach belly button hernia. Home 2 weeks from work instead of 6 weeks if cutting open. It is also when I decided to retire but it took another 11.5 months for that. Good luck Jerry and follow doctors orders.
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 09/29/2020 10:58:22 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  11:45:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from a chilly and wet Central NY. Going to rain all day but we desperately need the rain. High of 61.

Rick thanks for the coffee. I was able to keep busy all day doing nothing; I think I'm getting the hang of this retirement thing.

Mike best of luck on the hand therapy; it should help after awhile.

Jerry good luck with the Doc. Gallbladder should only be one day surgery; then home. Just think of all the bench time you'll have during recovery.

Karl have a great day no matter you do.

Philip hope Gina's PT goes well.

Tom Happy 68th Birthday.Although I can think of nicer ways to spend your Birthday other than PT. Sounds your PT person knows what their talking about; especially about the Steroids. Be patient and it will all work out, stomach included.

Been a busy morning so far today. Possibly some bench time latter. Haven't worked on the Farm in a few days; decided to take a break from it.

Have a great day and be safe out there.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  9:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Birthday celebration with no TV in the Lounge and the music is turned up. No politics out here.

The Eagle Rare is out and I will have a tumbler. I tossed a couple logs in the fireplace, so sit back and enjoy the quiet.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  11:02:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Tom Happy Birthday sorry I'm late.

But I'll have an Eagle Rare with you hope you have many more.

Dr. doesn't think its my gallbladder but I have to go have another ultrasound done on it.
He says I have none of the symptoms of a bad one.
But he says they might have overlooked something when they did the ultrasound so we will see.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  05:17:58 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers, mainly before 8am. High near 72.

Mike, hope the hand is feeling better.

Jerry, hope you don't need surgery.

Tom, a very Happy Birthday to you and the Mrs.

Larry, hope you found your way back to the farm.

Philip, hope the wife's PT went well.

Good morning Karl.

We've needed all the rain we had yesterday and this morning but I'm tired of having to dry the dog off every time she comes in.

TGIF

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  08:28:31 AM  Show Profile
Greetings from MI. 2 seconds of sun has yielded to what appears it may be a dullish looking day, 50 headed all the way up to 60.

Haircut and a road trip may work into the schedule today. We did get rain early yesterday and may have overnight, I didn't look. Just looked-yup, it rained some. 10:45 on the haircut. Just made Doc appt for 10-15th.

Everyone have a good day, Rick, thanks for the drinks, diet Coke and maybe something from Jim's this morning.

Be Well everyone.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/30/2020 09:58:24 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  09:50:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from a cool So. Central Wisconsin. The high without the sun should be 60. Terry is baking today and I will be in the train room on and off. I started to measure last night for the extensions off my Paper Mill and how to fill the room. Turns out the room is 22.5í wide and the maximum length is 80í with another 16í that will be used for my shop or not. There also is a 14í x 6í alcove which is where the PM is, in other words lots of room. While this is not the forever home, it maybe or should be as the next place will not have a space like this. Hopefully my modeling mojo has returned. I am not going fill it full but I am thinking at least around the walls leaving the center open.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  10:37:55 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning from a cool 54 deg. in Central NY with a high of 64 today. Rained all day yesterday and all night into this morning. With all of this rain my "well" has a big smile on it's face.

Rick thanks for the cup-a-joe. Yes found my way back to the farm and hopefully today also.

Jerry hopefully it's not your gallbladder and fingers crossed on your next ultra sound that they haven't overlooked anything.

Karl be safe on your road trip and enjoy the haircut.

Tom sounds like you have all kinds of room to build your Paper Mill Empire. The "around the room" approach would certainly make for a nice layout. Good luck.Didn't watch the Debates either, but from I've read this morning it was a real mess; so I guess you didn't miss much.

Philip and Mike hope your both doing well.

Still "doctoring" the leg but it's really healing well. Not much going on today, hopefully a little bench time latter on. Although I need to make a few phone calls and try to find someone to cut my hair. The last lady developed heart issues and was forced to suddenly retire. Have a couple of names in mind.

Stay safe and enjoy.

Edited by - Larryc on 09/30/2020 10:39:01 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  11:47:28 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey right now sunny/66. Later 71.

Ultrasound isn't until the 14th. So I have to just relax until then.
At least I know the surgeon is knife happy!!
He really is a nice guy been to him before for something else.

Hey it fun getting old!!

Started on my 2nd table.

Got to go wife is calling put everything else on hold.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  4:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Day 16 of the shoulder incident.

Two and a half hour nap today. Re-charged!

Did manage a haircut and trip to the post office this morning.

Officially a short timer, 8 weeks to go!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  06:17:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Philip, hope those 8 weeks go by quickly.

Jerry, how's the second table coming along?

Larry, good news about the leg and good luck with the hair cut.

Tom, all that room should keep you busy.

Karl, hope all went well at the doc's and you enjoyed the road trip.

Bike ride first and then mow the backyard.
Bought a new weed wacker last week so that will get used.
Some indoor chores and then build a fire, light a cigar, enjoy an adult beverage and get some reading in.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  08:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I hope you enjoy your day off. Activities after building the fire sound perfect.

Philip, eight weeks, wow!

Jerry, congrats on the outstanding first table. The second should go quickly.

Larry, good news about your leg healing well.

Tom, Wow, that is a lot of room for a nice empire.

Karl, how was the road trip?

My hand is doing better each day. Index finger swelling is going down a bit; U+I can now see a few wrinkles in the knuckle. All the PT makes it sore.

The forecast for today is 84F. Looks to be a nice one. Haircut at noon, the going to try to go to the Texas Western biz meeting tonight.

Have fun,
mike

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000