Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 268 ]  [ Total: 270 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/22/2020 :  09:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi all.

Another nice day on tap, after a great day yesterday, yard work took top billing.

I was using a Glock 23, .40 caliber when I shot. It is the same model of weapon I carried the last dozen years of my career. When we transitioned from revolvers to the semi auto it caused my shooting scores to go from the middle of the pack scores to Distinguished Expert level consistantly. When working we routinely shot for score twice a year.

I'll probably do more outside work today, ease into it. The Doll said she found a couple of new places to be sore today.

The builder called early today and told the Doll it was a "Cluster-***" there at the house site today. 3 trucks from electrical contractor, one from the power company and the well driller is coming with his drilling outfit, at least two trucks. Hate to be missing it.

Everyone have a good day, it is officially Fall at 0915 this morning. The sun will be right down the E-W roads today.

Be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/22/2020 :  09:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Wisconsin. I am not ready for Fall but it has arrived.

Armed drones, good idea but against the law and Iím not sure the 2nd amendment would cover me. I have talked to the county Sheriff and filed a complaint I am getting trespassing for reasons of hunting. He strongly suggested I not confront any of the hunters. He did laugh when I told him we piled 2 of the duck blinds at the gate they have been breaking and entering at. He said use the drone to take a picture of the license plates of any vehicles and then flyover to capture the faces of the trespassing SOBís. I am also going to file a complaint with the Wi. DNR and the sheriff said they would let the wardens handle it. Hunting on posted property is illegal in Wisconsin.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/22/2020 :  10:55:30 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by friscomike

Karl, I am glad wife took over the books while I was away in the army. She still does them.

mike

My first was entrusted in that manner and I just went along working and not paying much attention for way too long.....thatís much of why she is in the past tense....still living paycheck to paycheck and over her head according to my kids. She was a real home shopping addict, our old UPS guy said he almost got laid off after we had the ďDĒ and moved as his workload was cut in half.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/22/2020 :  11:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning guys!

Off to PT this afternoon.

Got the yard all spiffy yesterday, late evening. Started the old C10 truck and added trans fluid as the old power glide burped a quart from sitting. Also charged the battery.

Good shooting Karl!

Tom.. been there done that at the farm in Indiana.

Cooler weather is here. Mixing a last batch of sugar water for the hummers.

So Mike, did you figure out how that saw injured you?

Thanks Rick!

Jerry, got the book from Bill yesterday. Oh-My.. baffling amount of detail!

Larry, almost lit the pilot light last night, instead plugged a small space heater.

Today after the PT & grocery maybe a hint of modeling.

Later!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  06:08:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 80.

Jerry, nice to see you're making modeling progress.

Mike, hope you get some shop time today.

Larry, I've been holding off on the furnace and with temps in the 80's the rest of the week I definitely won't need it.

Philip, with that list of activities I hope you were able to get some modeling done.

Tom, good luck with the interlopers.

Karl, good news on all the activity at the house.

TGIF

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  08:20:36 AM  Show Profile
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee.

You must be living in FL. we aren't going to 80 this week high's around 74.
Right now its 44 here in South Jersey.

Philip read your email when you get a chance!

The story of the Table its a long one.
I have taken it completely apart because well because it wasn't right.
So right now the parts are soaking in Acetone to get all the glue off them.

Not sure what's on our agenda today. But bench time later on today.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  08:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Wisconsin. We may hit a nice 80f degrees but the skies are still hazy fro the fires out West. The weather guessers are saying that today should be the last day of the fire haze due to the winds dispersing the smoke. Spoke to our DNR and they said itís not duck season yet and they are just setting out there blinds. I explained they are trespassing for reasons to hunt on posted property. Told them, no problem I will handle it my way. Not helpful at all. The warden said donít break the laws, told them, I will protect my property since they can and are currently breaking the law. Other then that, I feel better but not sure stronger yet. PT at 9 and trainroom later. Terry is heading to a friend in Racine and I wasnít invited and thatís fine. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  10:13:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. We haven't seen 80's in about ten days and the nights have been in the 30's. Not crazy about using the furnace this early but I refuse to be cold.

Jerry sounds like the Tables are a bit tricky. I applaud you for wanting to do it the right way. Keep going and you'll master it.

Tom it seems more and more that the Gov't would rather protect the wrong doers than uphold the law; although don't do something that you'll regret latter. Good luck with the PT and enjoy your train room time.

Philip sounds like you've been busy; hope you were able to get in some modeling time.

Mike did you make it to the Shop yet; just be careful when you do.

Karl sounds like the new place is progressing quickly...good deal.

Not so cold last night with a low in the 50's and going to 72 today. We've had a frost twice already. Going to pull some register covers and spray paint them to keep any rust at bay. A little yard work after that. Maybe some bench time latter?

Everyone enjoy your day. Be safe, stay healthy, and heal where needed.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  10:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning gang,

Jerry, I read my email Jerry & replied!

Well everything same ole same old, still hostage until the wife gets better. Shopping was a 400 dollar day. Restocked!

The Sweet haven railroad car thread was a great read last night! Great cars and author (god bless him)

Not sure what to day brings, except first clean the back storm door and kitchen windows! Filthy!

So that's me, what are you all doing?

I emailed Louis as he has been absent, drop him a PM as his acid reflux is making for some really bad days and nights. Hopefully the doctor will get him squared away. PM (desertdrover). Prayers!

Have a great day!

Philip

Edited by - Philip on 09/23/2020 10:20:24 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  10:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I need it today.

Karl, nice shooting.

Jerry, good luck with the table. What if the castings were plastic or resin? Yikes!

Tom, good luck with the hunters, Maybe a well placed skunk or two would solve the problem

It's overcast and ugly out today, misting a lot. Forecast for 79F this afternoon.

I took Sharon to Dallas airport early this morning. She is going to visit our daughter in near Atlanta for a week or so. Traffic was terrible. Love field is an hour and a half away, and I am glad I am not in that rat race anymore.

Didn't make it to the shop yesterday. Maybe today. Hand is heeling but still hurts.

Tomorrow I am taking Mom to visit my sister for a couple of weeks. It is a six hour drive and I am not looking forward to it.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  10:35:53 AM  Show Profile
Sunny and warming today. Restless night after working several hours taking down a over entrenched bittersweet bush/vine/rats nest totally invasive vine, was just told it was a ďmaleĒ plant. It is needed to have pollen so the ďfemaleĒ can produce red berries that are much lusted after by decorating folks. The female was taken down in a similar day long effort. The maleís removal was a weeks long process, I had doused it with a roundup like chemical that effectively killed it. This entity was by the back door of the garage and at times had become entangled up in the overhang facia and soffits showing up in the rafters inside the structure. It was part of my attempt to simplify yard maintenance on our Southern Compound.

I was given a heads up on a set of entertaining videos on U-tube of an old Brit named Fred Dibnah who was a steeplejack, he started out being featured in a video by a regional television outlet and his charismatic character was so popular he enspired a who series of videos. Be sides his down to earth take on things he was a steam fan restoring old steam in his back yard. Hereís a link to an early episode and follow ups, if interested, are listed on the side of the Utube format. https://youtu.be/QTv1a_nACCs

No words from the North yet today, checking the weather up there it appears to be socked in with for and ~50 degrees. A check of the Mackinac Bridge cam showed it to be so foggy you couldnít see the bridge.

Light duty plans for today. Still need some breakfast. TomO Iíd recontact your Sheriff and have them handle the trespassing. Obviously climbing fences to enter anotherís property is pretty much a cut and dried trespass even in the peopleís republic of Wisconsistan.

Everyone have a good day. Safe and well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/23/2020 10:36:44 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  07:19:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82.

Karl, started watching that video.
I don't like heights and ZI'm glad there are those that don't mind so they can do that type of work.

Mike, safe travels and enjoy your visit.

Philip, I wasn't aware of Louis's condition.
Thanks for letting us know and I will message him.

Larry, I guess we're having our indian summer now.

Tom, Karl's suggestion about the trespassers I think is a good one.

Jerry, 80 yesterday and again today.

Came home last night and it was so nice outside I built a fire and enjoyed a well deserved cigar and a finger of bourbon.
Already walked the dog and put a load of laundry in.
Bike ride next and the front yard needs mowing.
Rest of the day will be for relaxing.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  08:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Hazy bright here in MI this morning, moderate temps still.

No big plans but I'm sure I'll find something.

Everyone have a good day, be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  09:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning!

Taking Ms. Daisy to the doc today! The stitches are coming out. Getting closer to normalcy.

Thanks for the great coffee Rick!

Philip

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  09:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Have a nice day off.

Philip thanks for the update on Loius.

Diane and I are heading to PA. to have lunch with friends.

I did start putting the mechanism back together. Taking my time.Will see how it goes this time.

After all these little machines I've put together this one is a *****!!!

But it has to be done right...

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000