Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 219 ]  [ Total: 222 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: BCRR
Page: of 87

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/14/2020 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gents,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Wow that's quite a way to start you day! Hopefully they get the young man into Rehap to get him straightened out.

Jerry 68 deg. brr. That's kinda cool for a dip in the water; or are you just walking on the beach. Those tables must be quite the project from the looks of the photos. Keep going.

Very early day today so maybe a nap latter. High of 64 today and sunny; it's really starting to cool down here. Not much else planned for the day.

Everyone be safe, heal up, stay healthy, and enjoy your day.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2020 :  09:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I hope your day is uneventful.

Jerry, have fun on your maybe's.

Karl, safe travels to you.

Tom, sounds busy on your spread.

85F forecast with no rain.

Hand continues to improve.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/14/2020 :  10:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Rick,Jerry,Tom,Larry,Mike, and stragglers!

Cool out today! The patient is doing well. Our RN neighbor brought a pot of soup over yesterday so that relieved me from dinner! heck yeah! And it was delicious! She also checked my baby out & gave advise on recovery.

A trip to the post office later for some ebay stuff I sold.

PT tomorrow with Gena, should be 1 of 12 visits.

Rick be safe! Scary stuff. Phil

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/14/2020 :  10:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About half way up the middle finger of the mitten state fleeing to our compound in the woods.

Sunday was another hard work day but all of my desired projects outside were finished off. The Fitbit says I had a fair sleep.

Mid 50s with very hazy sunlight. ‘tween my ears too. I misdirected the Doll for a ramp leading to a 10 mile out of plan trip to recover.
The haze in the sky is said to be California fire smoke.

Orange barrels are in force this morning. They’ve done a lot of work this summer.

Later: Safe and healthy

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  06:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 71.

Jerry, congrats on the table.

Tom, good job making the wife happy watching her game.

Karl, surprised the smoke traveled that far.

Philip, glad the wife is doing better and congrats on the bay sale.

Mike, glad the hand is improving.

Larry, not sure what they did with him after we left.

Chilly start here today with temps in the upper 40's.
Almost time to break out the jackets.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  08:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey a brisk/48. But were heading to a sweaterling 68 later on!

One of the grandsons is heading down for 3 days of "Boogie Boarding", he has a wet suit and all the goes with it.

Karl if the smoke gets this far were in real trouble.

Philip glad your not cooking and I bet so is the wife!!

Mike just how did you do your hand?? Hope its better!

Today my job is to tint the living room windows to keep the sun from fading the couch...
After that I will take my bottle of Eagle Rare an drink the whole thing

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  10:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Very windy this morning. Per our weather guy he says the fire smoke is what is causing the mellow skies in Wisconsin. I am not sure what he means “mellow” but while it’s not a haze the brightness is not there. Still we should hit 80 for the 1st time in 2 weeks.

Rick, thanks for opening this day. Not much today after yesterday’s hectic day. While I feel for teachers doing the online stuff, it has got to be hell for parents who don’t have helpers like Terry and me. Yesterday they reported many of the other county schools in Wisconsin all are online for the next couple weeks. Opened too soon to in person learning. I am terribly mixed about in person school versus the online. I’ll leave it there.

Have a great day, get well for those of us under the weather, injured or bored.
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun is in and out of the clouds this morning. 20 mph winds temp in 60s. Waves are active today.

Dan brought me a second batch of freshly smoked lake trout. Damn is that good.

We got here around 2:30 yesterday and found the cabin half sided and moving along well. They told an insurance person 2 months. Be nice just on time for REAL ; brrr.

Lots of wildlife in the cupboards with 4 captured in an hours time last even. Don’t like the SOBs at all.

Excavating contractor due here this morning to discuss grade around the house. We’ll be good friends with Fill soon.

Be well everyone.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/15/2020 10:31:32 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  12:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the cup-a-joe. Broke out my light flannel this morning and cracked the heater in the car just to keep the windows clear. Also fired up the furnace last night; I'm not going to be cold no matter what the date on the calendar says.

Jerry good luck with the window tinting. Enjoy your Eagle Rare; but not too much. Maybe no bench time for you especially after the Eagle Rare.

Tom the smoke has to a concern for you folks. They reported a haze here in Central New York yesterday from the smoke out west; although I didn't notice the sky being any different. Glad your wife was able to see her game.

Karl the fish sounds really good; nothing like the taste of fresh caught trout. What kind of critters were you catching. Maybe it's time for some doors on the place.

Mike hope the hand is healing nicely.

Philip hope your wife's PT goes well. It really helps movement after their finished; although it may not be too pleasant at the time.

High of 68 today and sunny. May be able to paint the bottom of the garage front today with "concrete" colored paint latter on. Not much to paint so it should be quick.

Everyone have a great day; be safe.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  1:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Philip, best wishes for Gena's continued healing,

Karl, how is the north? Cupboard wild life? Oh hell no!

Larry, flannel? Say it is not so. About the painting:

About my hand...the event is ironic. I was modifying a zero clearance insert to accept a blade guard. I was using both a push stick and push block. The guard caught some how, flipped the push block up which pulled my hand into the blade. It cut between my index and middle finger, plus the bottom if those fingers. Still have no idea why it happened...

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  10:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!! I hate hand/finger injuries of any kind. Sure hope it heals up ok. Hey, are you from Frisco Texas? 'Cause I'm right down the road in Arlington. Anyways, please take care of those digits, we only got 10, uhh thumbs included. (Although I did know a feller once that had an extra finger on his left hand; he called it his 'spare').....still didn't help his bowlin' none. Take care, Kyle

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  07:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Partly sunny, with a high near 72.
Fall is definitely in the air here in Joisey.
Only 46 when I walked the dog this morning.

Hi Kyle, nice to see you in the lounge.

Mike, glad it wasn't worse and hope it's heeling quickly.

Larry, I'm hoping I don't have to turn the heat on for a few more weeks.

Karl, sound like lots of progress being made.

Tom, glad you had an easier day.

Jerry, how'd the tinting go and did you drain the bottle?

Well re-cert testing days (today and tomorrow) have finally arrived.
I'll do a little more reading and studying before hand.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  09:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re-cert for me Friday. For fed’l Law Enf Safety Act handgun carry permit. Will head home tomorrow to be ready.

High wind and waves here yesterday with guys surfing by the lighthouse in Manistique until dark.

Electrician telling this morning of a 600# plus bear he let pass as it had a cub. Says there’s a male bigger yet in the area. About 3 crow fly miles West of me here.

Grey and calm her with 59 degrees at 9:20. Freeze warning on for tonight. We did finally get our ins straight for up here yesterday, big relief for sure. It’s getting dark earlier and earlier daily.

Electrician, plumber and Dan working today. Dan is sending smoke signals and wrapping up the siding. Met with excavation contractor yesterday to plan some fill and a big limestone block retaining wall. He’s planning on that soon.

Some color change happening but most is subtle.

Everyone have a good day. Safe and well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/16/2020 09:28:06 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  09:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee this am.
Have fun studying for the testing!

How about some scrambled eggs with bacon & hash browns this morning. English muffins with bitter and assorted jams & jellies.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/54 right now. Later 74.

Well the windows are tinted an I made it without the bottle.

The 15 pieces to the Wilfley table are all together finally.
Next the frame and parts that go with that.
I'll try to post a picture of the little part that's done.

Grandson is here for 3 days. "Boogie Boarding" later.
I bet the water is refreshing!!

Hope all is well with all you guys.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  10:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Everyone,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Best of luck on your tests. I've always hated tests of any kind.

Mike when it's gets cool, then the flannel shirts come out. Live in them all winter. Sounds like you were really lucky with your hand; I know about saws and hands up close and personal.

Karl that's one big bear; he certainly could do some damage if anyone was to get in between him and his cub. Wow your house is coming along fast; good deal.

Jerry thanks for breakfast. Sounds like the tables are coming right along. Keep at it.

Kyle nice having you stopping by the lounge; don't be a stranger.

Sunny and a high of 79 today here in Central NY. Starting tomorrow it's only going to be in the upper 60's and 50's for about a week. That will get the trees turning and then it's onto leaf mulching time until snow flies. Didn't get around to the painting yesterday but today for sure with it being a little warmer.

Enjoy your day guys and be safe and stay healthy.

Edited by - Larryc on 09/16/2020 10:40:25 AM

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: BCRR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000