Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 205 ]  [ Total: 205 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  6:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Rick.

I'll have one of those Old Forrester 1920 with you.

Worked on the Wilfley table a little today hope to have pictures next week.

Weather has not been beach time so I get to play a little during the day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2020 :  06:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.

Hope everyone that hasn't been feeling well or has injuries continues to feel better and heal.

Start of another week of work for me.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2020 :  08:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Happy Monday to you!

Safe travels Karl.

Jerry, do they close the beaches for winter or do people stop going?

Philip, hope Gena continues to feel better.

Larry, i hope the antibiotics do the trick.

Thanks for the well wishes folks. The doctor said i did a great job on my hand, no nerves or tendons cut, just flesh. Stitches out next Friday. Here is a photo of the wound:

Just kidding.

88F here today.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2020 :  09:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
You be careful out there among the English!!

Mike glad your doing better and that it wasn't a lot worse!

As far as the beaches Mike there open all year long just a lot less people after Labor Day.
We try to walk the beach 2 or 3 times a week all winter!

Philip how's the house Mom doing? Hope Gena is on the mend.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/12/2020 :  09:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Mike....

A bit of sun here this morning in MI, temp is upper 50s going to ~70

Was sad to see a belated notice in the North Central Region newsletter that area and nationally known model railroader and operations advocate Jack Ozanich of Battle Creek passed away in May of this year.

I've been tinkering with the ore car project, it will soon join the pile of half to 3/4 done projects I've started then left for awhile and forgot where I left off when back. Heading back on a heading of ~0 degrees for 4 hours then 270 degrees for ~90 about this time tomorrow.

Today I have outdoor projects to do, if I can get moving, before it rains later in the day. A short trip to a nearby Menards to look at lighting with the Doll stretched until way too late to start anything yesterday, altho I did do some mowing. The place looks mowed from the road, at least. Sometimes it's how it looks to all the nameless drone passing on the road that counts.

I'm looking forward to getting up there again, save for the sleeping situation, the box in the swamp is getting old, I've already arrived Our beach is open all year around, too. You just can't get to it some of the time.

Have a good day all. Safe and well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/12/2020 09:12:39 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/12/2020 :  10:39:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning to a chilly 45 deg. here in Central NY; high of 75 today.

Rick thanks for the cup-a-joe. Don't work too hard this week.

Mike glad to hear that there was no permanent damage to your hand. The antibiotics are just to ensure that no infection sets in until my leg heals more.

Karl when shopping with your better half it's best to leave the entire day open; says the married guy. Safe travels; hopefully there are not any "bullfrogs in the swamp" keeping you up.

Jerry how's the Wilfley tables coming along?

Philip hope Mama's going well.

Tom how's the move going?

Looks like everyone is cooling down now. We're only in the 70's and even in the upper 60's a day or so. This weather will get the trees tuning soon. Fall is my favorite time of year; I'm just not to keen on what follows. Helping the Mrs. put up fall decorations today; maybe some bench time tomorrow.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe and healthy.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2020 :  10:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks. Mike it is good to hear the doctor said you did a good job. Jerry, I would love to be in a beach setting and be able to walk it all year, congrats. Rick, I think Jerry says it best for us all, just be safe in the world you work in. Philip, always tough to be a care giver. Larryc, be well. Karl, you need another printer when you move out of the ďUP boxĒ into the cottage!

The plan is we move this afternoon as SHE that rules does not want to miss her Packers tomorrow. I have to learn how to use the controls for the TV and that stuff is being finished this morning. She is not as mad at me this year as when we stopped buying season tickets, but she still has the 4 outdoor seats she inherited from her dad since the 60ís. I just wonít go anymore and this week there are no fans at some of the stadiums anyway, I was just ahead of the times.

Be safe, air hug someone today
Tom

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/12/2020 :  4:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon:

The patient is up and about, sleeping at the moment. Sore as heck still. The bandage comes off tomorrow and finally a real shower. So anxious for her to get better but (tick tock). PT starts Tues / stitches out in a few days.

Mowed late yesterday and almost need a hay rake but went over it again with the mulcher kit. Head button on the weed eater is toast, but finished. Rain moving in later.

Glad your good to go Mike except for the pain/etc!

Same with you Larry!

Have a great day!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/13/2020 :  07:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Partly sunny, with a high near 80.

Philip, good news about the wife.

Tom, hope the move went smoothly.

Larry, things have started cooling down here too.
Finally turned the AC off yesterday.

Karl, hope you had a safe trip and enjoy your time up north.

Jerry, looks like today will be another beach day.

Mke, glad you're on the mend.

Nothing new to report from here.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/13/2020 :  09:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. 55 heading to 73f degrees and the weather person said on TV there will be sunshine after missing for 8 days. The move for me was a really tough one! I got in the car, drove over and got out in the garage and walked in the house. Easy and the house is a delight. I canít per doctor orders lift more then a full gallon of milk. There is no lower level or basement but my office will also double as my music/TV room and I will put a small modeling bench in there. My deck though is spectacular and that is where I will be spending the warm days when they come back.

Have a great safe day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/13/2020 :  09:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Delay a day on the road trip, weather mediocrity in the area. Things to try and finish up here, too.

I worked hard at finally seeding an area that was once the garden to that it can fit in with the lawn rather than untended weeds. I have another former flower bed to work on hopefully today, simplification of maintenance of the home base is the intent.

Tinkered a bit more with the ore car, not sure where that will lead. Exercise in killing time more than just sitting after dark until bed time.

No A/C here, either for a few days, Rick. That's always nice except we both have some allergy to the pre-frost weeds this time of year.

Good day all, safe and well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/13/2020 :  11:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

It will not be a beach after all Rick. We are cloud covered with a temp of 72.
It will be hard pressed to make the 80 they were BSing about!!!

Maybe will take the dog to the park for a walk will see.

Tom glad to hear your all moved in and comfortable.

Karl just be careful on your way up tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2020 :  05:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 79.

Jerry, a walk in the park sounds good to me.

Karl, simplification of maintenance has been my goal lately too.

Tom, gad the move went well and enjoy that view.

My day yesterday started with a young man unresponsive because of a little too much heroine first in the morning.
Police and EMS got him off the train at our first stop.
Fortunately rest of the day was uneventful.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2020 :  09:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

I guess some people will never learn to bad.
Bummer way to start the day though.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/68. Later suppose to be sunny!

Dog to the Vet for her shot and yearly checkup!!

After that maybe the beach maybe the park just maybe...

I did get my pieces back to together on the Wilfley moving ahead to the next parts hopefully it will be done this week painted and all.
Then the other one.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2020 :  09:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good school Monday morning from Wisconsin. We watch the kids on Monday and Friday as they have online schooling. They have in person 1/2 day school T/W/T until somebody intervenes from the school board or government. I have the grandson, Terry has the granddaughter.

Terry had trouble watching the Packers yesterday as we lost Hula and our local TV antenna. It was the NFL.com early game so I found that for her and used her IPad to stream to her TV. She was a wreck, canít miss her Packers. It was a regional Hula problem and Fox had issues with over the air reception yesterday. Magically fixed after the game was over.

I made lots of little adjustments to my office yesterday. The contractors will be doing some outside work this week on the pathway to the stables. The glazing arrives tomorrow for the pathway. Landscaping right now is gravel and mud. The landscapers depending on weather are scheduled for October, no date, just October. Other then today and Friday, I will relax when the PT therapist is here. Have a great day.

TomO

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000